Search This thread

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
VZW DE 4.4

Unlocked

TWRP

Rooted

Used fastboot to flash recovery.img from the official Moto file MOTXT1060DEV_4.4-13.11.1Q2.X-69-3_1FF-CID2.xml

When I tell the phone to boot into recovery I get the android guy on his side with the red triangle. I can still hold the power button to reboot into the phone and it works fine. However any time I try to go into recovery it's back to the red triangle. I have tried wiping cache via adb as well.

I searched google and the forums and am still stuck.

Last edited:

kbluhm

Dec 9, 2010
I believe with stock recovery you have to press power + volume up for a moment, then release them simultaneously and it bypasses the red triangle.

Been a while since I have owned a non-Nexus... not sure if that is a Nexus-only thing.

Last edited:

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
I believe with stock recovery you have to press power + volume up for a moment, then release them simultaneously and it bypasses the red triangle.

Been a while since I have owned a non-Nexus... not sure if that is a Nexus-only thing.

i didn't stay on stock recovery for long, but I dont remember that.

In either case while looking at the android guy on his side with the red triangle neither power+dwn or power+up do anything. If I hold it too long eventually the phone restarts.

/edit

Ah ha! You are a genius. Power + both volume buttons worked (or I have fat fingers)!

Since I *assumed* something was jacked up I didn't search for "how to enter recovery when everything is working right" :) my bad

thanks!!!!!!!

Last edited:

kbluhm

Dec 9, 2010
i didn't stay on stock recovery for long, but I dont remember that.

In either case while looking at the android guy on his side with the red triangle neither power+dwn or power+up do anything. If I hold it too long eventually the phone restarts.

/edit

Ah ha! You are a genius. Power + both volume buttons worked (or I have fat fingers)!

thanks!!!!!!!

I figured it was something like that. Glad you were able to stumble upon it!

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
You enter bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down + Power, holding for about 3 seconds and then releasing.

Then you boot into recovery by pressing Volume Down to highlight Recovery and then Volume Up to select Recovery.

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
You enter bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down + Power, holding for about 3 seconds and then releasing.

Then you boot into recovery by pressing Volume Down to highlight Recovery and then Volume Up to select Recovery.

Yep. It was being in stock recovery and seeing the sideways android with the red triangle that was confusing me. I didn't realize another key combination was required to get past that.

kbluhm

Dec 9, 2010
Yep. It was being in stock recovery and seeing the sideways android with the red triangle that was confusing me. I didn't realize another key combination was required to get past that.

I think that's Google saying: if you're here, it'd better damn well be deliberately!

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
Ah, yes, you do need to do more to get into stock recovery. I didn't realize it myself since I have mostly been using my Dev Ed in custom recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.