Need help getting to stock recovery

Search This thread

scpion

May 31, 2009
Need help...

Was messing the around with the screen density in the buildprop.. after reboot, "systemui keeps FCing" making it unusable and I cant do anything. Attempting to do a hard button combo to go into stock recovery but cant seems to get it to work.. Googleing tells me to, hold volume down and power till the LG logo, release power and rehold again.. it just reboots again.. holding all 3 brings me to a korean menu that I cant read.. holding up and power brings me to a recovery menu that I think only the service centre can use, there's no option in there, only asking me to reboot.

Any kind souls please....

Last edited:
Need help...

Was messing the around with the screen density in the buildprop.. after reboot, "systemui keeps FCing" making it unusable and I cant do anything. Attempting to do a hard button combo to go into stock recovery but cant seems to get it to work.. Googleing tells me to, hold volume down and power till the LG logo, release power and rehold again.. it just reboots again.. holding all 3 brings me to a korean menu that I cant read.. holding up and power brings me to a recovery menu that I think only the service centre can use, there's no option in there, only asking me to reboot.

Any kind souls please....

I've been trying to get into my stock recovery for some time now trying all sorts of button combos but to no avail. Previously I had the g2 and when it updated from jellybean to kitkat, the combo for entering stock recovery changed however, this new combo doesn't seem to work on the G Pro 2 either :(
You should be able to revive your device back to stock using the LG pc Suite however, after tampering with the system, it is often necessary to perform a factory reset after the pc suite has done it's work which will need you to enter stock recovery.
If you are completely stuck, I would suggest restoring your device using the pc suit and, all being well, your device will boot sufficiently for you to perform a reset through the phone settings menu. If you are really lucky, it may boot properly and you may not need to perform any reset however, it would still probably be a good idea to do so.

scpion

May 31, 2009
I've been trying to get into my stock recovery for some time now trying all sorts of button combos but to no avail. Previously I had the g2 and when it updated from jellybean to kitkat, the combo for entering stock recovery changed however, this new combo doesn't seem to work on the G Pro 2 either :(
You should be able to revive your device back to stock using the LG pc Suite however, after tampering with the system, it is often necessary to perform a factory reset after the pc suite has done it's work which will need you to enter stock recovery.
If you are completely stuck, I would suggest restoring your device using the pc suit and, all being well, your device will boot sufficiently for you to perform a reset through the phone settings menu. If you are really lucky, it may boot properly and you may not need to perform any reset however, it would still probably be a good idea to do so.

I cant use the LG Suite... the screen doesnt allow me to choose the connection type.. It just FC constantly.. I am screwed..:crying::crying:

manas.neo

May 9, 2009
Help

Has anybody found the way to hard-reset D838 from a bootloop? I really cant reach the recovery mode :(

scpion

May 31, 2009
Has anybody found the way to hard-reset D838 from a bootloop? I really cant reach the recovery mode :(

I had tried everything.. Even adb command to reboot into recovery. It just brings me to a broken Android with red triangle. I am starting to think there is no stock recovery built in that is accessible to users..

scpion

May 31, 2009
I am now at the service centre. Well the guy can detect that its rooted..:mad: voids warranty.... But will try to see if he can help to reflash the firmware.. If not have to change hardware and will be chargeable....... Fingers crossed. He did say users are not able to access the recovery..

Guys.. Until there's custom recovery, pls dun mess with it.....

manas.neo

May 9, 2009
That is really bad. I am stuck at bootloop and unable to reach the recovery mode. I wonder how entire web just talks about a hardreset process that doesnt even work :(

I had tried everything.. Even adb command to reboot into recovery. It just brings me to a broken Android with red triangle. I am starting to think there is no stock recovery built in that is accessible to users..

scpion

May 31, 2009
That is really bad. I am stuck at bootloop and unable to reach the recovery mode. I wonder how entire web just talks about a hardreset process that doesnt even work :(

I know.. I was desperate too... There's 2 versions, the other model is f350 or something.. Anyway at the service he did flash the phone again for me foc. BUT! He stamp a big NO WARRANTY as well... Goodbye to my balance 10 months warranty.. Buy hey.. I am grateful that I have my phone working again..I think.

I confirm with him again.. Yes, there is no stock recovery users can access....

manas.neo

May 9, 2009
I know.. I was desperate too... There's 2 versions, the other model is f350 or something.. Anyway at the service he did flash the phone again for me foc. BUT! He stamp a big NO WARRANTY as well... Goodbye to my balance 10 months warranty.. Buy hey.. I am grateful that I have my phone working again..I think.

Glad you were able to get your phone back. I have some positive news. I am trying out a recovery method as we speak. Using the LG Software update & USB driver tool I found the option for a update recovery. So I gave the IMEI and it prompted for a connection to the device which wasnt there as the phone is stuck in a boot loop. So I thought if it is going to restore the firmware from PC ( and not OTA) then it at some point of time will take the phone to download mode. So I just put the phone in download mode and VOILA it recognised the connection. And right now it is downloading the recovery firmware. The firmware being downloaded is around 1.5GB which is exactly what size I expected it to be. I have my fingers crossed. Just hope it goes through fine.

Glad you were able to get your phone back. I have some positive news. I am trying out a recovery method as we speak. Using the LG Software update & USB driver tool I found the option for a update recovery. So I gave the IMEI and it prompted for a connection to the device which wasnt there as the phone is stuck in a boot loop. So I thought if it is going to restore the firmware from PC ( and not OTA) then it at some point of time will take the phone to download mode. So I just put the phone in download mode and VOILA it recognised the connection. And right now it is downloading the recovery firmware. The firmware being downloaded is around 1.5GB which is exactly what size I expected it to be. I have my fingers crossed. Just hope it goes through fine.

As I mentioned in an earliar post on this thread, you can usually get the device into a booting state using the lg pc suite. You will probably have to perform a factory reset but, hopefully, after using the tool, you can access the software factory reset in the settings menu. From past experience with other lg devices, it can often help if you run the recovery more than once in the pc suite.

manas.neo

May 9, 2009
As I mentioned in an earliar post on this thread, you can usually get the device into a booting state using the lg pc suite. You will probably have to perform a factory reset but, hopefully, after using the tool, you can access the software factory reset in the settings menu. From past experience with other lg devices, it can often help if you run the recovery more than once in the pc suite.

Hi Bob,

Yes I think the same option is there in the LG PC Suite as well. But unless you do what I have tried to do it wont recognise a device that has not booted yet. Devices soft-bricked or bootlooping wont be recognised by the PC suite for recovery. But thanks for the tip. I'd keep that in mind and see if it'd need another factory reset after recovery. But it seems like it will be a hard reset done by the recovery happening right now

Hi Bob,

Yes I think the same option is there in the LG PC Suite as well. But unless you do what I have tried to do it wont recognise a device that has not booted yet. Devices soft-bricked or bootlooping wont be recognised by the PC suite for recovery. But thanks for the tip. I'd keep that in mind and see if it'd need another factory reset after recovery. But it seems like it will be a hard reset done by the recovery happening right now

Good luck. If no joy just try the pc suit. I'm fairly sure I had a success on my old g2 with a similar problem to yours. Can't remember exactly what I did but I kept trying things and eventually the pc suit recognised and sorted my device. Perhaps try to adb reboot recovery with the pc suit on screen??

scpion

May 31, 2009
PC suite and the software update thing didn't work for me. It just refuse to recognize my device. Hope things work out for u!

manas.neo

May 9, 2009
Good luck. If no joy just try the pc suit. I'm fairly sure I had a success on my old g2 with a similar problem to yours. Can't remember exactly what I did but I kept trying things and eventually the pc suit recognised and sorted my device. Perhaps try to adb reboot recovery with the pc suit on screen??

Thanks. I was able to revive my phone. No loss of apps and data. Just the root was lost. Can you tell me what issues you have witnessed after such a recovery that made you to do a factory reset? The phone looks fine at the moment but wonder if it'd end up in a boot loop again.

Thanks. I was able to revive my phone. No loss of apps and data. Just the root was lost. Can you tell me what issues you have witnessed after such a recovery that made you to do a factory reset? The phone looks fine at the moment but wonder if it'd end up in a boot loop again.

You shouldn't have a problem. I just like to have a clean start and to make sure that there are no alien files left from my previous tampering. :D

david_csaba

Jan 3, 2015
NOTTINGHAM
service

Hi there,

I am in the same situation, I can not do the factory reset in any way was mentioned here (pc suite, lg update) in the forum, because there is no connection between the pc and the mobile.
Where you from anyway and which mobile service did you take your phone, how much was the service cost?
THX

nmarc72

Jan 8, 2015
Hi there,

I am in the same situation, I can not do the factory reset in any way was mentioned here (pc suite, lg update) in the forum, because there is no connection between the pc and the mobile.
Where you from anyway and which mobile service did you take your phone, how much was the service cost?
THX

Did you try this:
VOL DOWN + POWER
when LG logo appears release booth keys and wait 2 sec then
VOL DOWN + VOL UP
you should get factory reset screen