[drivers] cifs and tun

Search This thread

uzi74

Dec 15, 2009
You do need busybox. I'm on the CM7 rom as well, which includes both busybox and the openvpn binary. I then use the OpenVPN Settings app from the market to connect to the VPN. Make sure you go into advanced settings and set the path to the tun.ko module and tell it to load it. Or manually load it some other way. The config files I set up a long time ago just using adb shell on my phone and copied them and the keys to the fire's SD card. The tun.ko came from this thread.

Thanks for the answer, I've installed busybox (let Superoneclick do it for me) and used the OpenVpn Installer app to install it, I've also changed the setting via OpenVpn Settings app. I'm almost there, just it seems my script is still fishy, I get the message "Cannot load certificate file". I've tried to change the ovpn file to direct path but no success yet. (I've the key and cer files in the /sdcard/openvpn dir as well)

Last edited:

adam900710

Dec 20, 2010
tun.ko seems strange?

The tun.ko seems not working after I updated my KF to pre-rooted 6.2.1

The openvpn seems working but when i use the terminal emulator to show the route table, to my surprise , no tun0 device in the route table.

Maybe the tun module is not for the kernel in pre-rooted 6.2.1?

Reactions: riverzhou

riverzhou

Dec 2, 2006
Shanghai
The tun.ko seems not working after I updated my KF to pre-rooted 6.2.1

The openvpn seems working but when i use the terminal emulator to show the route table, to my surprise , no tun0 device in the route table.

Maybe the tun module is not for the kernel in pre-rooted 6.2.1?

I am not sure.
I will check it later.
Maybe , amazon changed kernel.

adam900710

Dec 20, 2010
I am not sure.
I will check it later.
Maybe , amazon changed kernel.

Errrrrr, I think I know the reason.

The tun.ko modules seems working well,it is the Opnvpn not working.(same problem on my nexus S useing CM9 alpha 17)
Openvpn seems can't do the ifconfig/route things well,even though I point ifconfig/route in /system/xbin(where the busybox ifconfig/route is), it still seems that Openvpn can't change the IP of tun0 and add route for it.(According to openvpn output from terminal).

Trying to use some script from CM7 to fix the problem.

Any way,thanks for you modules.Especially for the nls_utf8 for the non-ASCII samba filenames.

riverzhou

Dec 2, 2006
Shanghai
Errrrrr, I think I know the reason.

The tun.ko modules seems working well,it is the Opnvpn not working.(same problem on my nexus S useing CM9 alpha 17)
Openvpn seems can't do the ifconfig/route things well,even though I point ifconfig/route in /system/xbin(where the busybox ifconfig/route is), it still seems that Openvpn can't change the IP of tun0 and add route for it.(According to openvpn output from terminal).

Trying to use some script from CM7 to fix the problem.

Any way,thanks for you modules.Especially for the nls_utf8 for the non-ASCII samba filenames.

Lol. You welcome.

Top Liked Posts