[N10] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

fred1050

Dec 7, 2010
Rouen, France
Hi
Can I try it on my new nexus 10 under 4.2.2 ?
and how can I do a backup before unlocking ?
I already have installed many apps and start to use it, I don't want to lose all config.
I used to do it on my rooted dhd (and many flash) but I don't know on unlocked nexus :eek:

vogonpoetlaureate

Feb 4, 2013
Megabrantis Cluster
Hi
Can I try it on my new nexus 10 under 4.2.2 ?
and how can I do a backup before unlocking ?
I already have installed many apps and start to use it, I don't want to lose all config.
I used to do it on my rooted dhd (and many flash) but I don't know on unlocked nexus :eek:

Works fine on 4.2.2, go ahead.

For backup, you could use Carbon which lets you backup apps without root.

ash99

Mar 17, 2006
www.MobileLinuxNews.com
Sorry if I'm a bit off topic here but I was looking for a root solution in which I would not unlock the bootloader / wipe the device. Can this method be modified to do that or can someone point me in the right direction ?

I have a tablet that has several users on, so a simple root would be good. Thanks.

arcticblue

Aug 23, 2008
Can confirm that rooting with latest CF-Auto-Root works on Nexus 10 :good:

Did as follows;
* Started from stock 4.2
* Updated to 4.3 via OTA
** Needed to clear 'Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework -> Clear data' before detecting 4.3 [off-topic]
* Re-downloaded latest CF-Root
* Manually re-rooted (as instructed on first page)
* Restart of my Nexus 10
* Re-installed Supersu via Google Play
* Restart of my Nexus 10
Done!

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Ok does this wipe my data if i use it. My bootloader is locked because i relockedit before the 4.3 update. And now i lost root. So can i use this method to root with a locked bootloader?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

ok when i ran the command it said your device might be wiped and i really dont want to lose my data (again) can someone confirm this works with a locked bootloader without erasing data?

D

Deleted member 4405529

Ok does this wipe my data if i use it. My bootloader is locked because i relockedit before the 4.3 update. And now i lost root. So can i use this method to root with a locked bootloader?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

ok when i ran the command it said your device might be wiped and i really dont want to lose my data (again) can someone confirm this works with a locked bootloader without erasing data?

If your devices bootloader is locked autoroot will unlock it to perform its magic - unlocking a locked bootloader wipes your device. So th answrr is NO!

Reactions: abdel12345

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
If your devices bootloader is locked autoroot will unlock it to perform its magic - unlocking a locked bootloader wipes your device. So th answrr is NO!

Its OK I used ncry toolkit and it rooted without unlocking. Then I was able to unlock using the bootunlocker app so now I'm fine. Thanks anyway

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

sv452

Sep 16, 2009
confirm ...

Hi all,

I am happy to confirm that this worked quite nicely on my Google Nexus 10 (Android 4.3).

Thank you OP!

:laugh:

riqjuan

Feb 28, 2007
Download Link?

Anyone know where I can download the latest CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 10?

CF main site has had a 'database error' for the last 2 days. I really want to use this tool to root my N10.

TIA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 9.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
    - Extract the ZIP file
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
    --- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
    --- chmod +x root-linux.sh
    --- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
    --- chmod +x root-mac.sh
    --- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    Download

2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download: CF-Auto-Root-manta-mantaray-nexus10.zip

--- History ---
    2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    CF-Auto-Root has been updated with the 4.3 SuperSU. I've only been able to test the Galaxy Nexus version myself, but it should work on the N10. Let me know if it doesn't.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !
    Updated with the latest SuperSU v1.30