Having issues with BT on a Lightspeed Zulu (aircraft headset)

Search This thread

GSXR750K2

Nov 27, 2007
To my knowledge, this is the first aviation headset that allows a BT connection to a phone you can talk on the phone hands free while flying. I can get it to connect and make/receive phone calls without a problem, but there is a semi-obnoxious hum/high pitch/static noise and I can't seem to make it go away, and also a ticking sound that increases and decreases volume at random. I've read about other pilots having great success with the BT portion, but I'm wondering if maybe the Tilt is only "compatible" with certain BT devices. Anyone have any thoughts/knowledge on the selective compatibility issue, or have heard of similar issues with BT in general? This is an incredible headset worth the money with it's MP3 input, noise cancelling, and everything. I'd hate to have to consider taking it back because I can't use the currently exclusive BT feature.

liquidsilver

May 15, 2006
SW WA
BT is comprised of a series of standards defining each individual interface type. I would wager that the problem is with the headphones more so than with the way BT is implemented in the phone.

That said, you can confirm the performance by swapping headsets or phones to see if the problems shifts.