[Q] Boot Loop 'process system is not responding'

Search This thread

Know-Fear

Jan 9, 2010
Boot into CWM and go to advanced and then show log. see if you have any errors. I would personally do a partition wipe. If this works, from a running system, go to rom manager and do a fix permissions.

Know-Fear

Jan 9, 2010
Yes, from CWM, 4th option down. 'wipe cache partition'

You will lose only things that are stored in the cache. Similar to clearing cookies on a PC. Android will create a new cache upon next boot (which will take a little longer than normal)

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Might be your sdcard. Backup everything and format it with SDFormatter then copy your files back,if you keep receiving errors about sdcard you could have a faulty sdcard.

You could also backup your data with titanium backup, boot into CWM make a backup of current ROM and make a fresh install of a new ROM, there are stock, CM7 and MIUI as CWM flashable zips for easy install in CWM pick the one you need, flash it and restore your apps with titanium backup (preferably only app not app+data as you're getting databases errors).
Make a backup of your new ROM in CWM once you finish setting it up as you want for precaution. Remove your old backup.

NOTE: If you install CM7 again make sure you have latest build (Internal: Alpha12 | sdcard: Final). Also verify the md5 of the download so you know its not corrupted.

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Spoke too soon. TB still won't let me backup due to insufficient storage space. Now it says that my SD card is 200mb and I only have 1mb free??? I took SD card out and put back in, no change, reboots no change. Evernote is complaining too. WTF How can a card just go bad??

Laptop is saying the same. Considering reformatting and trying again?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using XDA

You mentioned that you flashed CM7 sd image right? so you have to resize the last partition to the end of your sdcard. Last partiton is the one that will act as "sdcard".

~ Veronica

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Using easus partition master, resized the last partition to use unallocated space and nook said 200mb SD card anyway. I don't get it. :(

----------

Used different software and partition resized. This time set up started which I didn't see before. All seemed fine, started adding some apps from the market since I have no backup.

Suddenly it rebooted and bypassed/ignored the SD card and booted into the previous set up. I powered off, removed/replaced SD card then booted but same thing. I started to post HERE and it rebooted with the SD card! Then it rebooted into the previous set up without the card.

Was.thinking of doing the internal install. Does this indicate a bad SD card or problem with nook seeing it? Considering a surface scan in windows?

It looks like because seems that the Nook Tablet unmount your sdcard or it unmount itself randomly, so if you are running a ROM from sdcard it's logical it will reboot because no system is found. Try with another sdcard if possible to know better if its a software issue or hardware sdcard issue.

~ Veronica

hrvoje007

Mar 1, 2014
lg gt540

i have root my lg gt540 with z4 and shows me "Sorry! Process system is not respondig. I can press force close or wait but wathever i choose appears black background please help. :crying: