[ROM][Dev] .: :: Creamy Kang™ 2.0.0 | ICS | AOKP :: :. [UPDATED 03.21.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dano79

Apr 11, 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado.
Reflashing now but I think I just read what I have to do to get it working. Search for a network let it get that error and then wait 15 seconds mobile data turns on

Last edited:

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
So, this is AWESOME, waited for ages for AOKP on Sensation :D

Btw, the most annoying issue is the network bug, but i'm sure this could be ironed out pretty easily since other AOSP haven't this bug.

The flickering issue is the other one, not sure what we can do about it since OpenSensation has it too.

And last but not least, the NavBar is not working properly, of course it's not a big deal, but i admit it's pretty cool to play with :D

THANKS ! for AOKP on Sensation, my dream come true.

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
Fast Torch

Guys, Have you used the Fast Torch feature on the AOKP...????

You can activate it by going to Settings>ROM Control>Lockscreen options. The Fast Torch is a way of activating your Sensation’s camera LED quickly,
without touching the screen at all. Just pick up your phone in the “off” position and hold the power button for two or three seconds, and the LED activates,
giving you a near-instant flashlight without having to look at your phone, or messing with secondary apps or widgets

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
Guys, Have you used the Fast Torch feature on the AOKP...????

You can activate it by going to Settings>ROM Control>Lockscreen options. The Fast Torch is a way of activating your Sensation’s camera LED quickly,
without touching the screen at all. Just pick up your phone in the “off” position and hold the power button for two or three seconds, and the LED activates,
giving you a near-instant flashlight without having to look at your phone, or messing with secondary apps or widgets

Yeah i like it, remind me the fast torch on MIUI :D

Plancton.fr

Jan 23, 2011
Lyon
Finally, AOKP for Sensation !

I was waiting for it, because a lot of ROM options in a lot of ROM are just picked up from AOKP sources, so I wanted to have the original build ^^

Thanks a lot for your work ! We have a solid build here, just one bug, no network, I need to search network manually, it give an error and then, around 10 sec later it connect to the correct network ! But I can't have any Data connection, I allready checked my APN, they're good !

Can't wait for a fix to enjoy the ROM :D

Romanbb is a member of AOKP ? I was using his "Bulletproof" ROM during a long time ;)

chukis13

Oct 10, 2010
FL
Febycv are you deving for us now? I was following your mt4g Rom very closely when I had one.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
Finally, AOKP for Sensation !

I was waiting for it, because a lot of ROM options in a lot of ROM are just picked up from AOKP sources, so I wanted to have the original build ^^

Thanks a lot for your work ! We have a solid build here, just one bug, no network, I need to search network manually, it give an error and then, around 10 sec later it connect to the correct network ! But I can't have any Data connection, I allready checked my APN, they're good !

Can't wait for a fix to enjoy the ROM :D

Romanbb is a member of AOKP ? I was using his "Bulletproof" ROM during a long time ;)

He's the boss of AOKP :p

Reactions: KingP1n

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
Not to sound like a huge noob or anything, but what is the difference between AOKP and AOSP? o_O

AOSP is the pure Android operating system. AOKP is a modified one with a tweak menu in the settings app that allow you to do some cool things like mod the lockscreen, change the battery, clock,... icon etc...

It's like CyanogenMod but this is other tweaks. In my mind, CM was the **** for GingerBread but AOKP is way better than CM now.

Reactions: V1ViD

master.peterm

May 17, 2009
Not to sound like a huge noob or anything, but what is the difference between AOKP and AOSP? o_O

not a noob question AOSP is the Android open source project, its pretty much a vanilla plain version of android with no gapps

AOKP is the name of this rom which is Android Open Kang Project, Kang means to use someone else's code without editing it and calling it your own.... I thing it was named after king klick but idk, anyway its just a fun name lol, and its actually not a kanged version of CM9 :/

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

oh and btw i got my mobile network to work, just search for networks, get a fail message and select select automatically till it works... but looks like you gotta do that on every boot

Last edited:
Reactions: V1ViD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This build is based on the sources from the Widely Popular Android Open Kang Project by Roman Birg.

aokptitleblue-1.png

Since the build is in development stage, there will be a lot of bugs in the build. Since development is going on & at the end of it you can get a stable build.

This thread is a place to submit the bugs & changes required in the build. Any other topics will not be entertained & will be deleted.

.: :: :: Firmware package :: :: :.
    --- It's necessary to flash new firmware package before flashing this ROM ---

If You are blind or visually impaired. Use the Explore by Touch feature of Ice Cream Sandwich to navigate through the screen using audible feedback.

Thanks
    • Roman Birg & all the members of Team Kang for AOKP
    • CyanogenMod for the gerrit sources
    • mike1986 for the Pyramid Firmware
    • Vorbeth for the AOSP Source Tree
    • HTC for the new kernel

What works
    • Wi-Fi
    • SMS/MMS
    • GPS/ Maps Navigation
    • Sound
    • Calling (need to activate manually)
    • Camera
    • Touchscreen
    • 3G/4G Connectivity/Indicator
    • Gmail sync
    • Google Music
    • Calendar sync
    • Facebook sync
    • All sensors
    • Headphones
    • Google Contacts Backup/Restore
    • WiFi Calling (will be added soon)
    • Data usage tracker
    • Video streaming and playback
    • Market with paid apps
    • Full 3D HW acceleration

Bugs need to fix
    • Bluetooth
    • Wi-Fi tether
    • Camcorder Issues
    • Few other Bugs

changelog-2.png

• Latest change logs are available here.

installation-1.png

• Make sure you're on the latest Firmware
    • Make a Nandroid Backup
    • Wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash Gapps
    • Reboot

downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, is the spirit of Android.

Add-ons
    New features of AOKP in v2.0.0

New features in AOKP

• Added lockscreen color change.
    • Added AOSP lockscreen style.
    • Added extra volume slider option.
    • Added lockscreen calendar options
    • Added fast charge toggle
    • Added ability to set custom lockscreen image for targets.

Testing it right now.....will be available soon.....
    Yes please update this rom is awesome besides broken data
    Guys, just be patient....I am building the sources.....will get back to you soon.....
    Awesome, the more serious AOSP-based roms the better, enough with all the hordes of sense clones clogging up this board!