Votes: 107 28.8%
  • Trebuchet

Votes: 73 19.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Great news

Anyone found any issues ?Didn't find any till now, but I miss the small statusbar from cm10.1 (with all the icons, is it also possible on aokp ?).

Here we go again - AOKP for Vision is back ;)

There is no changelog for now, because it is initial and very eraly/nightly release. AOKP is based on Android 4.2.1.

So you are flashing it on your own responsibility - full wipe is required.

There could be some bugs. All things like calls, sms, mobile data, wifi, gps, camera (when using stock app there are stripes on picutres, but with 3rd party app pictrures are clean), camcorder, webkit etc should work.

Thanks goes to:
Flinny, Juansheng (cn.fyodor), Darkspadez and rest of Andromadus Team
Android Open Kang Project Team and CyanogenMod Team

Downloads:

ROM:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/aokp_vision_unofficial_Feb-02-13.zip/download

GApps:
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Feedback time! yay, I've attached logs! :) but not for Swag paper props., I think that was me not having WiFi on and an anomaly... Works fine now :confused:

First of all... thank you so much for this, adamz667, Iv'e been waiting for this ever since I started using Flinny's CM10.1 builds. Unfortunately the timing of my buying my Vision meant JB had already come into existence, so I never tried your ICS AOKP (sorry :crying: ) but man I love this.

I can tell you've put a lot of effort into this, I'm glad we've got a source compiling AOKP dev for the Vision. Anyway....

1. When tablet mode for the status bar is selected (combined nav buttons and status bar), the status bar transparency is made redundant... that is, the status bar transparency setting doesn't work (nor if I set navbar transparency as well) but I don't know if this is meant to happen :confused:
  2. When in status bar tablet mode, when the brightness tile is selected from the notif. toggles menu, the slider appears behind the notifications, meaning they have to be closed in order to change it
  3. If custom carrier label is set, it prints it twice for wifi and network (usually it would say "EE" for my network and my SSID for wifi next to the corresponding signals, instead it says "AOKP" (what I set) next to both... I doubt this is your fault though.
  4. Either navbar widgets don't work or I don't now how to set / use them
  5. If tablet mode for status bar is set, if the navbar height is dropped lower than 48dp default, then notifications do not comply to this rule and appear larger than the status bar when broadcast
  6. Storage settings FCs... This may be because I've installed the swap enabler (only apps to Sd-Ext, I don't use swapfiles ever.
  7. I use OC Daemon, I've noticed if screen off is set to 245MHz main 368MHz Max conservative governor, I cannot awake from deep sleep (sometimes)... Setting 368MHz main powersave is OK though. OK turns out I lied... if the screen turns off after booting, that is if you don't unlock it and instead allow the screen to turn off straight after booting, when you try to turn the screen on again, only the buttons illuminate and the screen half turns on (it goes grey). Can someone confirm this, or is it OC Daemon / too low a clock speed (although this does not happen after the first screen off, as long as you unlock it first, you can then safely allow the phone to sleep)
  8. Themes don't work: when you apply a theme, literally as soon as it applies the phone reboots (from bootanim., not splash screen) with lights on, and bootloops. Only fix is to battery pull, boot recovery, and remove the .apk of the applied theme with Aroma file manager.
  9. Linux chroot won't work :crying: but this isn't a massive deal.

I've noticed CyanogenMod has definitely caught up with AOKP in some areas. There are more (useful) toggles in CyanogenMod, and atm simple things like button remapping isn't an option, although I figured this was because AOKP is originally built for Nexus devices with on screen buttons.

hmm... OK, I've figured this isn't up to be my dd yet, but I'll test when an update comes out :)

Also, on the official AOKP threads they have an AOKP "theme" sort of thing going on... I mean they have an AOKP banner and headings and stuff... take a look. Just wondering if you would be allowed to use them.

Also, am I allowed to use the "AOKP User" banner in your sig. ... 'cause I'm an AOKP user now ('cause of you, thanks :laugh: )

Attachments

• catlog.zip
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

adamz667

Jan 15, 2011
Warsaw
Thanks for your feedback HTCDreamOn, I really appreciate it.

Bugs you had mentioned, are AOKP related so they can be still work in progress or will be fixed by AOKP theme. Right now I don't have a time to check if they are specific to our device, but I'll check it later. Please attach logs if you could, it will be helpfull.

Yes, you and others are allowed to use that banner ;)

ilbeppez

Jun 27, 2011
Milan
Personally I don't care about the tablet mode ^^
I need to know if the phone is stable and all the aokp settings works :D
Is the lockscreen editable as ics? (I have 6 targets now)
google now is present?

Thanks,
I can't wipe all now since i need for work my phone. :(

edit.- **** that I'm too curious, tonight I'm gonna wipe and try it xD
ahah

Last edited:

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Is it possible to also release nightly builds (like andromadus does) based on aokp and andromadus ?

the4biddendonut

Aug 5, 2011
Elk River, MN
Lovin the rom! It works well enough that I've been using it as my daily driver. I uninstalled search because google now was laggy and I don't really like it to begin with. I was trying to install google search from ICS, but I couldn't get it to work. Anyone have any suggestions how to get ICS search working?

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Bug found: turning the phone upside down doesn't silence the phone (no big deal for me).

aishsingh

Apr 19, 2012
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7T Pro
currently running the latest 4.2 AOKP, its very nice and I would use it as a daily ROM. I might try out the older ics version to mess around with tablet mode soon

Good work :)

Sent from my Desire Z using xda app-developers app

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
bugs: bcklight onscreen crashes and doesn't work anymore, buttonlight keeeps flashing and wifi tethering doesnt work well (switching between 3g and hsdpa). This are the same bugs as andromadus.

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
other bugs: screen brightness didn't change, also the camera didn't work:rebooted:back ok; camera glitch (on the left).

ilbeppez

Jun 27, 2011
Milan
Today I tested it a bit,
the lockscreen is a bit laggy with widgets, anyway the rom feels smoth :)

One big thing that I miss is the custom lock screen targets and the toggles in the notification bar (those from JB are only links to the settings.. :( and no brightness slider too )
camera works and also manual focusing (tap to focus) is really good.

I had to rollback to the m6 cause I needed for work.

ilbeppez

Jun 27, 2011
Milan
Today I tested it a bit,
the lockscreen is a bit laggy with widgets, anyway the rom feels smoth :)

One big thing that I miss is the custom lock screen targets and the toggles in the notification bar (those from JB are only links to the settings.. :( and no brightness slider too )
camera works and also manual focusing (tap to focus) is really good.

I had to rollback to the m6 cause I needed for work.

Another big missing are the governors, only stock governors in this build. I miss smartass_v2 :'(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to present you Android Open Kang Project builds for HTC Vision.

Rom is based on Android 4.0 (ICS) and have a lot of customization options.

It's also DEV thread, so if you have a some problems with rom, first, try to find fix by yourself. If you can't - add post with description of your problem and LOGCAT.

Any help is welcome :)

I don't do this for any purposes, I just want to learn something new, so if you want to thanks thnk about AOKP Team and/or Andromadus Team :)

Special thanks goes to AOKP dev team (Team Kang) and Andromadus Team!

What's working:
    - everything should be fine

What's not working:
    - waiting for feedback -

FOR USERS EXPERIENCING WIFI TO DATA SWITCHING ISSUES WITH THEIR CARRIER ONLY : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1701467

Try some themes for your AOKP: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=aokp+theme&c=apps
    If you're installing it for first time (coming from other rom) do FULL WIPE.

Remember: I'm not responsible for any phone bricks, tornados and diarrheas. You are doing it for your own and your warranty is void now.

How to install:
    1) Put rom and GApps on your sd card.
    2) Go to CWM (or other) Recovery.
    3) Do a nand backup.
    4) Do a full wipe (fist installation - coming from other rom) or just wipe cache/dalvik cache (update).
    5) Flash rom.
    6) Flash GApps.
    7) Reboot (first boot can take a while).

How to enable TabletUI
    1) Open ROM Control and enable Navigation Bar, but don't reboot phone now.
    2) Change LCD Density to any lower than 171 (e.g. 165 / General UI).
    3) Reboot your phone.
    4) Wipe Google Play data.

Note:
    If you want go back to Phone UI just change LCD Density to any higher than 179.

• Changelog:
    23-07-2012 / Milestone 6
    Major changes since Milestone 5

Removed FB sync
    Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
    Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
    Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
    Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) -- read instructions in ROM Control > General > Boot sound
    added delayed ring feature to Phone
    added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
    added AOKP wallpapers app
    added USB tether toggle,
    added AOKP clock widgets
    added notification counters
    new boot animation
    added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
    added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) -- you can opt out
    added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds -- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
    improved weather code
    added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout Android
    added hardware info in about screen
    added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
    added nfc toggle
    added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
    made lockscreen weather prettier
    fixed DRM issues

There has been TONS of more stuff than this added. It's really difficult to find all the differences... here is a FULL list of commits that have entered our code base since Milestone 5. There are a lot of changes.

Here is a list of changes since build 40. They are mostly bug fixes.

25-06-2012 / build 40
    - updated Apex Launcher
    - added PinyinIME
    - added Greek IME
    - added set phone number under Phone settings
    - fixed Google Voice bug

and other...:
    added hardware info in Settings > About
    fixed DRM issues (including Hulu)
    made lockscreen weather much prettier
    fixed tablets
    added NFC polling mode Settings > More > NFC polling mode
    added NFC toggle
    added Achromatic theme
    updated Nova
    fixed added custom WiFi SSID FC
    always moar things!
    Full change log available here

19-06-2012 / build 39
    - updated Apex Launcher
    - updated Andromadus kernel
    - added ability to change host name (settings > dev > device hostname)
    - added ad-hoc network support
    - added adb over network
    - added AOKP stats (you can opt out, Settings > About > AOKP Statistics) www.stats.aokp.co
    - added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds
    --- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds
    --- so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
    - added "Device options" link in Settings for devices that have an app to tweak device-specific settings
    --- right now I believe only tuna/aries/p1c have these, all credit goes to CM trees where these apps came from
    - improved weather code, shouldn't bother you everytime it updates weather now
    - added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout ANdroid
    - added ability to toggle to "new" and "original" music controls on the lockscreen
    - as always, tons of other device-specific and internal changes, find them all at http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

a note about linaro (warning, tech mumbo jumbo ahead)
    These builds do NOT include the new Linaro optimizations. The optimizations don't increase the speed of Android by 100%, nor do they inject butter. They use a newer toolchain to compile Android, which has more optimizations. The Linaro people have also made the proper changes in Android code to allow builds to be compiled with -O3 instead of -O2 flags (think of it as another pass of code optimizations).

Please do not ask us whether we will include them in the future. We like speed as much as the next guy, but we want to make sure that it doesn't break ANYTHING. When/if it's ready, you'll know.

Enjoy!

05-06-2012 / build 38
    - Merged TabletUI
    - Added Hot Reboot
    - Added Apex Launcher
    - Added (physical) Home button long press setting for TabletUI
    - Fixed microphone in headset (caused by improved volume mod)
    --- build 38 changelog
    reverted tablet nav bar button padding change (back to stock ics padding now)
    fix SMS/BT crash bug when no msgs exist
    reworked lockscreen music layout to be cleaner
    fix ugly gradient on dark holo background
    added AOKP Tips widget
    added statusbar autohide for tablets (for apps that need full screen)
    added support for more lockscreen targets (2-8 options, your choice)
    cleaned up octo lockscreen layout
    fixed certain FCs with RC related to weather
    Mms: fixed stripping certain Polish characters
    decreased size of custom lockscreen apps to match other icons
    statusbar brightness enabled by default after you wipe (sliding thumb across statusbar to change brightness)
    added statusbar notification counter (RC > Statusbar General > Notification Counter)
    new AOKP boot animation from @rascarlo
    Out of range Bluetooth devices won't show up anymore in Settings
    Browser: added option to close all other tabs (besides current)
    Fixed data toggle
    Removed requirement to reboot when toggling keyboard switcher (IME switcher) in statusbar
    Added nav bar widgets (to enable, go to nav bar settings > add toggle widgets as one of your nav bar actions/ long press actions, then add widgets -- be sure to add at least 2 for best experience)
    ...as always, tons of fixes for devices and other backend fixes!

Remember: builds are considered "nightlies"!

25-05-2012 / build 37
    - Full working init.d support (so Startup Tweaks are fixed finally)
    - Fixed Singapore quotation brackets - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26278913&postcount=109
    - Added Louder headphones volume - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603327
    - Added LG 4x Lockscreen mod - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24811293
    - Symbol keys enhance on pop up symbol keyboard (FN + SYM) - if you want some additional symbols - write to me I'll add them
    - Added SIM Toolkit
    - Etc...
    --- build 37 changelog
    fixed navbar glow resetting on reboot
    fixed hide navbar for tablets
    fixed back button disappearing on tablets
    auto-brightness fixes
    added more SwagPapers
    added volume adjust sound preference (Settings > Sound > Volume adjust sound)
    fixed memory leak with lockscreen code
    fixed auto-rotate toggle
    systemui will now restart on changing themes to avoid any potential errors
    navbar background is now set through XML to allow theming
    added aokp clock widgets
    navigation bar app icons now scale better
    fixed bug in native Email app that would cause wakelocks
    Support GSM AT commands for SMS over bluetooth
    updated nova to 1.1.4

23-05-2012 / build 36
    - System hang-ups on opening app setting menu or other - fixed
    - Volume +/- (short press) when Volume Music Controls enabled not working - fixed
    - Added Trackpad Wake switch
    - Possibly faster WiFi/2G/3G switch
    - Some other merge stuff/fixes

16-05-2012 / build 36
    - Fixed Recent App switcher (Sense 4 style/WebOS/Stock)
    - Fixed WiFi Tether toggle causing SystemUI crash
    - Added USB Tether Toggle
    - Fixed keyboard backlight in right way
    - Enabled tile rendering for tests
    ------ build 36 changes -----------------------
    - updated Mms emoji code from CM
    - added delayed ring feature to Phone
    - fixed a bug when hiding sender information, photo would still show
    - default ICS wallpapers have returned
    - added SwagPapers (AOKP Wallpapers)
    - updated theme engine from CM
    - fixed volume slider showing incorrect volume in a voice call (making it look like it wasn't full)

14-05-2012 / build 35
    - Cleaned all mess
    - Everything should be faster and smoother
    - Added Trebuchet launcher, Speech Recorde, Movie Studio
    - Added 2g/3g, Mobile Data, Tether AP etc toggles
    - Themes are working now
    - Other stuff from AOKP build 35

11-05-2012:
    - Fixed Camcorder
    - Fixed keyboard backlight
    - Fixed Camera led flash (only in AUTO mode)

8-05-2012:
    - Initial release
    - Camcorder is not working right now (will be fixed)
    - Camera led is not working right now (will be fixed)
    - Keyboard backlight works only with autobrighntess (will be fixed)
    Here we go again - AOKP for Vision is back ;)

There is no changelog for now, because it is initial and very eraly/nightly release. AOKP is based on Android 4.2.1.

So you are flashing it on your own responsibility - full wipe is required.

There could be some bugs. All things like calls, sms, mobile data, wifi, gps, camera (when using stock app there are stripes on picutres, but with 3rd party app pictrures are clean), camcorder, webkit etc should work.

Thanks goes to:
    Flinny, Juansheng (cn.fyodor), Darkspadez and rest of Andromadus Team
    Android Open Kang Project Team and CyanogenMod Team

Downloads:

ROM:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/aokp_vision_unofficial_Feb-02-13.zip/download

GApps:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip
    I've got some good news for you guys, see screenshot below ;)
    Okay, finally I've found a poblem which causes camera FC's. So probably new build will be ready today.

After that I'll resync with JB repos and start to work with AOKP based on Android 4.1.
    New build is up:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/aokp_vision_milestone-6_20120723.zip/download

Changelog:

Major changes since Milestone 5

Removed FB sync
    Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
    Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
    Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
    Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) -- read instructions in ROM Control > General > Boot sound
    added delayed ring feature to Phone
    added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
    added AOKP wallpapers app
    added USB tether toggle,
    added AOKP clock widgets
    added notification counters
    new boot animation
    added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
    added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) -- you can opt out
    added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds -- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
    improved weather code
    added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout Android
    added hardware info in about screen
    added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
    added nfc toggle
    added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
    made lockscreen weather prettier
    fixed DRM issues

There has been TONS of more stuff than this added. It's really difficult to find all the differences... here is a FULL list of commits that have entered our code base since Milestone 5. There are a lot of changes.

Here is a list of changes since build 40. They are mostly bug fixes.

PS: If you encounter FC's on Navbar settings do FULL WIPE.