Search This thread

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
ntfeature.png

I'm proud to present my new app: Notification Toggle.

With this app, you can place different toggles into your Android status/notification bar for quick access without having a dozen toggle-widgets on your homescreens ;)

You can choose which toggles to display in the settings of the app. You can also change the color of the icons as well as the icons completly to fit your systems design.

The app is for free in the Play Store, would be nice to get some feedback :)

Download

Some notes:
  • not every toggle will work on every device: especially the flashlight functionallity is very erratic and every manufacturer implemented it somehow different. you should install TeslaLED in addition to notification toggle
  • some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the android settings (like GPS since Android 2.3)
  • if have a rooted device, you can install the app in /system/app to directly toggle GPS even on Android 2.3+ Click here for more information
  • Issues with the TalkBack service? See here

Some nice icons: (you can also use this app on Android 2.3+ to download the icons)

XDA:DevDB Information
Notification Toggle, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2014-11-06

Attachments

• nt_screen.png
    nt_screen.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 18,026
  • nt_screen2.png
    nt_screen2.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 16,602
Last edited:

punkmonkey1984

Aug 16, 2008
Bucheon 부천시
Works great, needs some theme support or basic coloring of the icons would be great,

Any chance that we can change stuff straight from the status bar, without having the pop-up menu like in CM7 status bar,

Reactions: Marchello1

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
i think thats only possible in the latest android version. i dont think it will support anything lower than froyo for that feature

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Works great, needs some theme support or basic coloring of the icons would be great,

Any chance that we can change stuff straight from the status bar, without having the pop-up menu like in CM7 status bar,

yeah, some skinning stuff is on my to-do list... edit: icons are now changable through menu -> skin
toggling without the pop-up is possible on some devices (e.g. on a htc legend with stock rom) but on most it handles only one click-event per notification. unfortunately it seems not to be possible for user apps to change that

Last edited:

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
well, there might be some hacks to somehow toggle the GPS, but the official google API doesn't allow you to do that.
actually, android itself turns the GPS off is no app is using it. so google intention is that you let the gps settings enabled and let the system handle turning it on and off

martyxng

Sep 5, 2007
The app works well, except the flashlight (which was the main reason I downloaded the app) does not work for me at all. It's a Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate on Verizon). The phone DOES have a flash, but no change when I toggle.

Ciela

Aug 20, 2010
Perth
Just gave it a try on my LeeDroid (2.4) Desire, works quite well

The lack of Power Control Widgets in the notification bar has been one of the major things stopping me from moving to the Gingerbread LeeDroid build, this may just make me move on over

cyruz1

Nov 24, 2010
Looks great, I'm about to try it out.

The marker screenshot shows that there's no percentage display for adjusting brightness. Would be great if I could actually see how much % of brightness I set! :)

JosephAGT

Oct 17, 2010
i recently changed from a gingerbread sense rom to a nexus S rom on my HD2
I much preferred it but the only thing i was missing was notification toggle....NOW i have again :) thank you very much!

One thing I would like is if notifications could appear ABOVE the settings rather than below it- if this is possible?

Acti666

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks mate! This solves the only downside of this ROM!

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

jkolner

Sep 8, 2009
Aalborg
Somthimes you find a app wich should have been part of Androide, and this is such a app!

screenlp.jpg

1 thing im missing is the posibility to toggle betwen no sound AND no vibrate or Normal. Now you can only toggle betwen Normal and Vibrate.

adri_1

Mar 6, 2011
Just tried it on my Legend: works great.

Here's a couple of suggestions though :

Would be nice if the icons were grey whenever it's off. For example, if my WiFi is turned off, the icon would be grey, and black when it's turned on.
I also believe you can toggle GPS directly. Oh, and by the way, when I click on GPS my phone shows the security (lock screen and stuff) settings instead of the GPS settings.

I would love a Battery icon (with percentage) and a volume control shortcut.

Anyway, thanks for all your work ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ntfeature.png

I'm proud to present my new app: Notification Toggle.

With this app, you can place different toggles into your Android status/notification bar for quick access without having a dozen toggle-widgets on your homescreens ;)

You can choose which toggles to display in the settings of the app. You can also change the color of the icons as well as the icons completly to fit your systems design.

The app is for free in the Play Store, would be nice to get some feedback :)

Download

Some notes:
    • not every toggle will work on every device: especially the flashlight functionallity is very erratic and every manufacturer implemented it somehow different. you should install TeslaLED in addition to notification toggle
    • some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the android settings (like GPS since Android 2.3)
    • if have a rooted device, you can install the app in /system/app to directly toggle GPS even on Android 2.3+ Click here for more information
    • Issues with the TalkBack service? See here

Some nice icons: (you can also use this app on Android 2.3+ to download the icons)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Notification Toggle, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    Holo Stock Notification Icons for Notification Toggle

Here are some ICS/JB Holo Stock-styled icons. 128x42 because 42x42 are the size of a stock notification icon alone, and 128x128 is the size of the icon area in a notification but I wanted to allow people to cram as many into the All-In-One as possible without them getting resized.

These are 90% stock ICS that I lifted from screenshots on my Galaxy Nexus. The others are Notifcation Toggle defaults I resized, and I grabbed the Screen Timeout icon from the SGS2 toggle widget, then altered/recoloured it. I also included a Notification Toggle icon (now the old one) so you can add it as an app shortcut and get back to the settings from the All-In-One itself.

The filenames are just guidelines for usage and there should be a lot of usage possibilities with the different icons and colours provided (white, blue, grey). For example, I like my icons white, then blue if they are different from my personal settings defaults: so I would use the white "bluetoothsettings_shortcut" and the blue "bluetooth_on" for Bluetooth off/on; similarly I'd use the white "screentimeout_dialog" and blue "wakelock_on" for Wake Lock off/on, but if you wanted the Screen Timeout Dialog on there as well you could use the grey "wakelock_off". Sometimes my on/off colouration differs from the Notification Toggle defaults, so be aware (eg. I keep Rotation Lock off generally so that is white, and on is blue). For usage cases where there are a lot of similar icons (eg. WiFi on/off, WiFi networks, WiFi settings), I included a generic Settings icon that can be used beside them to help keep things straight. Lots of possibilities for the brightness and sound options provided as well.

Swap and mix and match as you see fit, have fun. Cheers!

P.S. If anyone was wondering, the 3rd icon on my 2nd noficiation is for an app called N.memo which is extremely handy. It allows you to make little memos to yourself in the notification area, and is extra handy when it can be triggered from NT so its icon is included. :)

Recent Updates: Added Home and Haptic Feedback Toggle icons; new stock Alarm and Rotation Lock icons. Old Rotation Lock icons are still included for those who want them.

Edit: Add new NT Screen Wakelock/Timeout and Mobile Data Toggle icons (resized to stock height), and stock USB and WiFi tethering icons. Old versions still included.

Previous version downloads - most recent: 166; 115; 286.:good:
    Well done

All I can say is WOW!! Congrats for creating a really great and useful app and many thanx for great work.

I mainly needed an app to toggle screen rotation and it had to be accessible from notification bar as I am usually already in another app when I realize that I need to enable/disable rotation :) Tried many different solutions (probably all that are available from the Market) and this proved to be the best one. And if someone asks you what is the biggest difference between this and Widgetsoid… well how about 1.8MB difference (that is if all you need is toggles from notification bar).

I am sending here a few icons for switches I use (and a screenshot) for those of you who like sense style toggles. If you like I can create more.

One more thing. If you have time and if you are willing to add more functionalities to this app I think that haptic feedback would be great as an option.

BTW I am using HTC Desire (Original).

EDIT: As requested I am putting a few aditional icons: Sound ON/OFF/Vibra, GSP ON/OFF. Let me know if you like them :)
    I love this app...its realy handy and its one of my top apps.
    Oh yea...is there any whey to put battery % and temp. on bar?
    And I modify some icons for my self but I whant to share it and if some of you like it...say thanks. ;)
    @j4velin

I tried many alternatives as well as custom ROMs but this app is still the best alternative. Congrats!! Keep up the great work! If you catch some time and you figure out how to do these things, may I suggest some improvements:

- Some way of configuring order of the icons for "all in one" (as many of the users already suggested). Maybe for rooted phones? Some config file? Something...

- Shorter (or configurable) haptic feedback (something like in "Dialer" or when using keyboard). At the moment, I think, vibration is a bit too long. You can easily test different values (in milliseconds) using Tasker (there is a free trial).

- Is there a way of changing background color (for "all in one")? If not maybe there is a way of getting rid of the padding (margin) around the icons so we can achieve different background by changing icons' background. In that case you can put "precisely N" icons in one row (e.g. 5 or 6) and tell us their dimensions if we want to accomplish the "tight" effect (e.g. for WWGA 480 px / 6 icons in row = 80 px of width per icon). If I'm not mistaken the space between adjacent icons is currently 14px.

@all

I created a set of new Sense icons so use them if you like. There is a version with and a version without the bottom bar (green/gray, depending on the "widget" state). Let me know if you like them and if you have some suggestions.