[ROM][10/03/12] JetStream_2.03.10_OsiMood - Light gets Lighter

Search This thread

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
I am very happy to propose you my first custom rom for the HTC JetStream!
This rom is based on the released rom from AT&T 1.30.502.1 and should work for both American and Canadian tabs. The system has been made as light as possible and all "unnecessary" application has been removed.
READ CAREFULLY:
Rom Description:
  • This rom is my daily driver, I like my tablet, clean without any bloatware or unneccessary app or widgets from AT&T or HTC
  • Zipaligned / Deodexed
  • Rooted - latest version
  • Removed all unnecessary applications - see second post

Latest version 2.03.10:

Careful, this version will WIPE your device, make a backup!

Careful, the new version will WIPE your phone, make a backup!

I am not asking for donation but press the thanks button and please Vote for this thread too
Credits:

Before asking a question, use this button
searchi.jpg

and watch this , thanks:

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
Frequently Asked Questions:

• Will this rom work with the default kernel?

1. Most probably yes but...
    2. Wi-Fi will be broken
  • Can I revert to the default kernel on this rom?

1. Yes now you can! but follow the steps and I won't babysit
    2. Download the file from my site called: Jetstream_OsiMood_DefaultKernelFiles.rar
    3. Inside you will find 2 files JetStream_OsiMood_DefaultKernel_WiFi_Module.zip and defaultBoot.img
    4. Once those two files unzipped in a folder
    5. Move the zip file to your SD-Card
    6. Once done, reboot in bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    7. Now time to flash the default kernel: fastboot flash boot defaultBoot.img
    8. Now go in recovery and install the attached zip, the patch will install the correct WiFi module and wipe your cache
    9. Reboot, you have now the default kernel running and WiFi working
    10. Try to reboot in recovery if it does not work just re-install the DooMLoRD recovery

Last edited:

tyrannos

Mar 13, 2009
London
Nice work - looking forward to flashing this tonight!

FYI - Link currently broken on DL page.

Last edited:

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
it's great to see some movement here. one question - why must it work with doomlords kernel? that thing is quite unstable..

dcd17

Mar 16, 2006
it's great to see some movement here. one question - why must it work with doomlords kernel? that thing is quite unstable..

Gotta agree here, its great to see a custom rom for this device but after spending an hour reverting and wiping back to stock kernel just yesterday because of 2 weeks of rebooting and freezes with the custom kernal, I'd be really hesitant to go back to it.

I would absolutely love to see an option to stick with stock kernel if possible. Thanks for the work on this rom, its great to finally see some movement on this forum!

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using XDA

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
Gotta agree here, its great to see a custom rom for this device but after spending an hour reverting and wiping back to stock kernel just yesterday because of 2 weeks of rebooting and freezes with the custom kernal, I'd be really hesitant to go back to it.

I would absolutely love to see an option to stick with stock kernel if possible. Thanks for the work on this rom, its great to finally see some movement on this forum!

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using XDA
I am going to see what I can do for that as it seems I am also facing some random reboots

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
Market

Hello. Thanks, finally somebody have action, good to see people taking time to work with this great device.

I just download your rom and installed and runs very smooth and clean. One issue tho, the Market aka Google Play is giving me an error FC

D/AndroidRuntime( 3044): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 3044): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001c798)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.utils.Sha1Util.secureHash(Sha1Util.java:46)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.utils.FinskyLog.scrubPii(FinskyLog.java:57)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.services.Reconstructor.recordPackageInstalled(Reconstructor.java:139)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.services.Reconstructor.reconstruct(Reconstructor.java:109)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService.updateFromReconstruct(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService.access$000(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:26)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService$1.onResponse(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:68)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService$1.onResponse(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:49)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingRequest.deliverResponse(VendingRequest.java:141)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingRequest.deliverResponse(VendingRequest.java:40)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.android.volley.ExecutorDelivery$ResponseDeliveryRunnable.run(ExecutorDelivery.java:113)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:152)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4606)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:491)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 300): Force finishing activity com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.TosActivity
W/ActivityManager( 300): Force finishing activity com.android.vending/.AssetBrowserActivity
D/ActivityManager( 300): isSketcherDisabledInCurrentTask():false, ActivityRecord{40a49db8 com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.TosActivity}
D/ViewRoot( 300): ## mIsSketcherDisabledInCurrentTask is false
D/WindowManager( 300): call linkToDeath, this=Window{4114a998 Sorry! paused=false}

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com

You can now roll back to the default kernel

Hello. Thanks, finally somebody have action, good to see people taking time to work with this great device.

I just download your rom and installed and runs very smooth and clean. One issue tho, the Market aka Google Play is giving me an error FC

Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 3044): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 3044): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001c798)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.utils.Sha1Util.secureHash(Sha1Util.java:46)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.utils.FinskyLog.scrubPii(FinskyLog.java:57)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.services.Reconstructor.recordPackageInstalled(Reconstructor.java:139)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.services.Reconstructor.reconstruct(Reconstructor.java:109)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService.updateFromReconstruct(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService.access$000(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:26)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService$1.onResponse(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:68)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.finsky.services.ReconstructDatabaseService$1.onResponse(ReconstructDatabaseService.java:49)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingRequest.deliverResponse(VendingRequest.java:141)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingRequest.deliverResponse(VendingRequest.java:40)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.android.volley.ExecutorDelivery$ResponseDeliveryRunnable.run(ExecutorDelivery.java:113)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:152)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4606)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:491)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3044):     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager(  300):   Force finishing activity com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.TosActivity
W/ActivityManager(  300):   Force finishing activity com.android.vending/.AssetBrowserActivity
D/ActivityManager(  300): isSketcherDisabledInCurrentTask():false, ActivityRecord{40a49db8 com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.TosActivity}
D/ViewRoot(  300): ## mIsSketcherDisabledInCurrentTask is false
D/WindowManager(  300): call linkToDeath, this=Window{4114a998 Sorry! paused=false}
No clue why, empty the cache of the app and try again

NJFM

Oct 20, 2010
Montreal
This is going to sound stupid but how do you boot the device in recovery? I've loaded CWM through adb but any button combo won't work. I would really like to test out this ROM, thanks for any help!

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
for CWM - reset the device - and after the screen goes black press and hold vol. down.

so to install this rom we need to install the doomlord kernel and then go back to stock? or we can just install it over the stock?

can anyone actually work with the doomlord kernel to improve it? i think it was great at its base..perhapes just removing the voltage control..i think that's the problem it had.

k2trill

Aug 30, 2009
I am going to see what I can do for that as it seems I am also facing some random reboots

I really don't think the level is the issue. my Jetstream ran the MOST STABLE with Doomlords kernel. I had more random reboots before I ever rooted it or anything. I think Honeycomb just sux or maybe the version of Sense we have over Honeycomb sux and is waaaaay underdeveloped from factory. just my 2 cents....

Sent from my HTC Rezound™ using xda premium

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
I really don't think the level is the issue. my Jetstream ran the MOST STABLE with Doomlords kernel. I had more random reboots before I ever rooted it or anything. I think Honeycomb just sux or maybe the version of Sense we have over Honeycomb sux and is waaaaay underdeveloped from factory. just my 2 cents....

Now you have the choice at least you, stock or DooMLoRD

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
its a fact that some devices sufford random reboots only when using the kernel. i think the kernel has a great base, and my device never ran faster - but it still crashed him.
i think it's got something to do with the Voltage control, but i can't really be sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am very happy to propose you my first custom rom for the HTC JetStream!
    This rom is based on the released rom from AT&T 1.30.502.1 and should work for both American and Canadian tabs. The system has been made as light as possible and all "unnecessary" application has been removed.
    READ CAREFULLY:
    Rom Description:
    • This rom is my daily driver, I like my tablet, clean without any bloatware or unneccessary app or widgets from AT&T or HTC
    • Zipaligned / Deodexed
    • Rooted - latest version
    • Removed all unnecessary applications - see second post

Latest version 2.03.10:

Careful, this version will WIPE your device, make a backup!

Careful, the new version will WIPE your phone, make a backup!

I am not asking for donation but press the thanks button and please Vote for this thread too
    Credits:

Before asking a question, use this button
    searchi.jpg

and watch this , thanks:

v2.03.10
    • New Boot animation
    • Roboto fonts included
    • Battery in %
    • Ad-Away an No-Frill included
    • All bloatware removed
    • Phone functions enabled
    • Tethering activated
    • Rooted
    • Latest Market
    • Busybox installed
    • Zipaligned
    • Fully de-odexed
    Frequently Asked Questions:

• Will this rom work with the default kernel?

1. Most probably yes but...
      2. Wi-Fi will be broken
    • Can I revert to the default kernel on this rom?

1. Yes now you can! but follow the steps and I won't babysit
      2. Download the file from my site called: Jetstream_OsiMood_DefaultKernelFiles.rar
      3. Inside you will find 2 files JetStream_OsiMood_DefaultKernel_WiFi_Module.zip and defaultBoot.img
      4. Once those two files unzipped in a folder
      5. Move the zip file to your SD-Card
      6. Once done, reboot in bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
      7. Now time to flash the default kernel: fastboot flash boot defaultBoot.img
      8. Now go in recovery and install the attached zip, the patch will install the correct WiFi module and wipe your cache
      9. Reboot, you have now the default kernel running and WiFi working
      10. Try to reboot in recovery if it does not work just re-install the DooMLoRD recovery
    Nice work - looking forward to flashing this tonight!

FYI - Link currently broken on DL page.
    I know for the link, working on it... will let you know when back up
    Simply because it is working smoothly for me @1.8ghz and that is more than enough
    The link is up :eek: