When will my Z1 get 4.3/4.4 update?

Search This thread

Lewiswatson99

Dec 16, 2012
Hampshire
Hi,
I was wondering when my unrooted Z1 will get a new android update. I live in UK. Anyone have any info?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi,
I was wondering when my unrooted Z1 will get a new android update. I live in UK. Anyone have any info?

Only Sony and/or your provider can confirm that, but even then it would be nice if you could tell us what version are you on now? You don't even tell us that so how are we meant to help you......

Lewiswatson99

Dec 16, 2012
Hampshire
Oh sorry! Haha :) I'm on 4.2.2 at the moment. When do you think the UK will get a 4.3/4.4 update

Lewiswatson99

Dec 16, 2012
Hampshire
No I don't want to void my warranty by rooting. I am just wondering when I might get the update. Thanks anyways for your helps

oualidbenadid

Sep 22, 2011
Bordeaux
No I don't want to void my warranty by rooting. I am just wondering when I might get the update. Thanks anyways for your helps

Flashing with flashtool don't need root acces and it can't be detected.
You have to read before ask,you will have a reponse faster.
Read that ,if your Z1 is not on the list wait a week or two or flash with Flashtool

braveally

Apr 12, 2010
Oakland, CA
I would update through the PC companion. Many people seem to have encountered problems flashing with flashtool on this update. It was taking forever for the ota for me as well

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NanoSurfer

Nepturion

Mar 20, 2011
The 4.3 is avaliable so if you use OTA or SEUS you get it.
As for rooting, it doesnt avoid your warranty unless you remove the root and install a clean version when you deliver the device for repair or replace it.
Only thing that avoid the warranty is unlocking the bootloader.
Keep your .257 rooted version and wait for a rooted locked version for 4.3.
Btw there will come a hotfix version in January (newer 4.3) for Z1.
4.4 will come April/May i think...

Whether you use UK generic or any other generic one does not make a difference whatsoever, but it's up to you.

I have never encountered any problems when using Flashtool. Just make sure to use the most recent version.

i've done my share of android modding/roms/etc.. however i like my region and stock rom the uk generic unbranded is and in turn would rather wait it out.. as hard as it is.. hehe. :)

Lewiswatson99

Dec 16, 2012
Hampshire
Just got the update on my phone today, so no need to use the flash tool or root. Thanks guys anyways

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would update through the PC companion. Many people seem to have encountered problems flashing with flashtool on this update. It was taking forever for the ota for me as well

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk