[MOD][8/27/12] ICS SysUI+FW Mod (UPD: Part A+B (587) available!)

Search This thread

BlackMN

Jun 29, 2008
Thank for nice mod, i'm in 4.0.4, it work perfect but i dont like LockScreen Rotation, would you build for me a version dont have it ? thanks

Reactions: inteks

mscalone

May 21, 2012
Montevideo
Here I come again :)

Well actually i'm not sure why it did that. You could look at my sticked tutorial to learn how to install CWM and such. If the problem persists, you could repair your phone thru SEUS to start over from clean state.

I Did what you do.. I could install CWM! and try to install "3a. Download Status Bar Widget (With Darker Battery Text Shadow) + Black Sony keyboard + Auto Rotatable Home Here." from the "ICS Fw 562 (Nordic Final Version) (Install in Order, all file contains 562 in the name):"
But after instalation the roms the phone seems to get reseted :(... may be because Y need previous roms..

1st question: Do I must install all the files 1a,1b,1c..2.. in order as you said? insted of only 3a as I did?

To install 3a ROM y upload ICS-Nordic562-SystemUI+Home.zip to sdcard and then with cwm used "install rom from sd" option?

2d question: Do I install it the right way?

and the last question. Do you treat the mods, thems, and complete ROMs in the same way? I mean as a ZIP file that you instal with CWM or similar program? a mean a ROM can be what ever you want. denends on the content of the zip.. or do I have to install in a diferente way diferent things?

thanks, and sorry for may ingnorance but Im new in this topics.

PS: Fortunately I had made a backup with CWM befor the disaster and could recover the original ROM with no problems...

Last edited:

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
I Did what you do.. I could install CWM! and try to install "3a. Download Status Bar Widget (With Darker Battery Text Shadow) + Black Sony keyboard + Auto Rotatable Home Here." from the "ICS Fw 562 (Nordic Final Version) (Install in Order, all file contains 562 in the name):"
But after instalation the roms the phone seems to get reseted :(... may be because Y need previous roms..

1st question: Do I must install all the files 1a,1b,1c..2.. in order as you said? insted of only 3a as I did?

To install 3a ROM y upload ICS-Nordic562-SystemUI+Home.zip to sdcard and then with cwm used "install rom from sd" option?

2d question: Do I install it the right way?

and the last question. Do you treat the mods, thems, and complete ROMs in the same way? I mean as a ZIP file that you instal with CWM or similar program? a mean a ROM can be what ever you want. denends on the content of the zip.. or do I have to install in a diferente way diferent things?

thanks, and sorry for may ingnorance but Im new in this topics.

PS: Fortunately I had made a backup with CWM befor the disaster and could recover the original ROM with no problems...
1. You only need to choose one from each number. (e.g. 1a or 1b, you choose one)
2. Better to do this in reverse if you had problems, part 3 first, then part 2 then part 1. Part 3 is usually safer to install, but if you had error with even that package, i'd say you've downloaded a wrong version.

inteks

Oct 14, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Thank for nice mod, i'm in 4.0.4, it work perfect but i dont like LockScreen Rotation, would you build for me a version dont have it ? thanks

i'm allready wondering what wrong with my phone :confused: dont realize that. only that something is different then before ... htf needs rotation on lockscreen ???

+1 for a version without pls

and the ICS softmenue is not really needed. cos we have a hardbutton. it takes some space on i.e. urls...

firzenfrenzy

Sep 30, 2011
dear devs and users
please help, i rooted my xperia ray yesterday and it was fine i updated the adreno rereleased driver and the image 10mbit mod just fine however when i installed the files in this thread my xperia ray has been stuck in bootloop, it powers up then the sony logo appears and the xperia logo appears and at this point it goes back to the sony logo again, what did i do wrong??

i chose the 1a file, the 3rd and 4th files and used the "install zip from sdcard" option in cwm, it said it was succesful but at this point it only keeps bootlooping, im in a real bad situation here if someone would be kind enough to guide me out of this mess and make me be able to use my phone again, i would be grateful...

if it helps, before i installed any of these zips, the first thing i did was make a backup using cwm, but ive copied the file to my system because i didnt want to use up space, i faced a similar problem with my tf101 but i could come around it by pressing some combination of keys which led me to a screen where i could choose to boot into the device or use "wipe data", if someone could just tell me how i can put that recovery file in my phone i'll be good to go..

please help, you guys are all ive got now

EDIT:

fixed :)

Last edited:

mmrx

Mar 30, 2012
Delhi
Just installed 1b, 2a and 3a via cwm and it works nice.:).......thanks devs...I really missed status bar widgets till now..... ......

[edit]
before i installed any of these zips, the first thing i did was make a backup using cwm, but ive copied the file to my system because i didnt want to use up space, i faced a similar problem with my tf101 but i could come around it by pressing some combination of keys which led me to a screen where i could choose to boot into the device or use "wipe data", if someone could just tell me how i can put that recovery file in my phone i'll be good to go..
Just copy the folder /clockworksmod. to ur sd card using a card reader from ur pc then insert sd card on ur phone and boot in cwm mode and restore.....
Sent from my ST18i using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: firzenfrenzy

firzenfrenzy

Sep 30, 2011
great stuff :D
would be cool if it had a screenshot button implemented alongside the reboot button, that power and volume thing seems a pain in the ass, hope the dev remembers this the next time he makes a mod ;)

h.debnath

Sep 19, 2011
Toronto
how come on my lockscreen it always rotates when i put my device on landscape orientation even though i set rotation off.
4.0.4 mod

wier09

Apr 17, 2012
mastah hansip :D
i try for official 4.0.4 (from jjdoctor thread)
after flash part A n B, reboot menu doesn't exist
after flash part C, my ray stuck in xperia logo

pawo99

Dec 20, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 8
I have tried part A, B, C for leaked 4.0.4 on MT15i official .431 firmware and it's not working. After reboot it show many FCs.
Pls, can you remake for official 4.0.4 NEO fw or ARC, etc ?

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Everybody please be patient. Haven't got the official update from PCC so i won't make a jump too soon. Please wait 1-2days, thanks for your understanding. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Lads and Gents.

Miss my 10in1 mod on Gingerbread? :cool: Now the wait is over ;)

The 10 mod you will find here:
    1. Status Bar Widget (Arrangeable 15 Button Power Widget incl 2G/3G Toggle)
    2. Smooth Loading Spinner
    3. 30 Volume steps
    4. Reboot Menu
    5. Black Keyboard to match ICS theme
    6. Visual Feedback for Status Bar Widget buttons
    7. Circle Lockscreen of ICS AOSP
    8. 1% Battery Icon Mod, based on SEMC Icon
    9. Recent App selector can be activated from Status Bar
    10. ICS Sony Launcher Mirror Effect and Auto-Rotate
    12. Battery Level is displayed all the time in LockScreen.

Credit goes to:
    1. sj8023ld for Status Bar Widget
    2. rablex for Ultra Theme (modified a bit to suit ICS :) )
    3. iridaki for Black Keyboard theme (only taking the resources, base still from ICS)
    4. D.O.C for Smooth Spinner Tutorial
    5. AndroidOn for 30 Step Volume Tutorial
    6. untermensch for Reboot Menu Tutorial
    7. kes4817 and jjdoctor for Wave Lock Screen help and example
    8. evilisto for Recent Task Button on Status Bar Tutorial
    9. evilisto For Windows 7 style Task Switcher Tutorial
    10. tkymgr for the No Hardware Acceleration Tips!
    10. AeonWorld for his XS Lockscreen mod!

Changelog
    1. 3/7/2012: Working 2G/3G Toggle
    2. 3/8/2012: Flashlight Toggle adjusted to prevent non stock Camera app unable to get Camera instance. Still not perfect though.
    3. 3/8/2012: GPS lost icon is restored
    4. 3/8/2012: Added Black Keyboard for ICS
    5. 3/8/2012: Added Smooth Spinner Framework for ICS
    6. 3/9/2012: Added Reboot + 30 Step Volume Framework
    7. 3/11/2012: Added Visual Feedback for Status Bar Widget button, to help you know which button you pressed last :)
    8. 3/12/2012: Flashlight Power Widget got updated so it won't lock other Camera app :cool:
    9. 3/15/2012: Added AOSP Wave LockScreen from ICS (+Rotation enabled)
    10. 3/19/2012: Added 1% Battery Mod with SEMC base icon
    11. 3/20/2012: Lockscreen Rotation now depends on Device setting. (Only in effect if you use Wave Lock Screen package below)
    12. 3/21/2012: Added Recent Task button on Status Bar, SystemUI Mod merged down.
    13. 4/2/2012: Added Windows 7 Task switcher on Status Bar
    14. 4/11/2012: SystemUI and SemcPhone from 562 fw is modded to accomodate StatusBar Widget on the base of new firmware.
    15. 4/11/2012: Framework Mod is added for fw 562.
    16. 4/15/2012: Apps for 562 Nordic version is updated. Framework Mod is still ongoing.
    17. 4/15/2012: Part B is done, can be used without Part A.
    18. 4/15/2012: Part A is done
    19. 5/16/2012: Part A with Toggle-able Hardware Acceleration Added
    20. 5/18/2012: Fully Ported to ROM 4.0.4 unOfficial
    21. 6/3/2012: Fully Ported to ROM 4.0.4 Official
    22. 6/24/2012: Added Battery Level On Lock Screen
    23. 7/4/2012: StatusBar Widget Icon updated + Reboot menu fix
    24. 7/29/2012: Xperia S Lockscreen added, but please say thanks to AeonWorld to make it come true
    25. 8/25/2012: Part C applied to 587 apks.
    26. 8/27/2012: Part A+B (587) is available, thanks to AeonWorld for his awesome mod. :) This isn't my mod, but some of it are collaborated into his to make it have more feature (XS LockScreen app).

ICS 4.0.4 (431) Official Download:
    1. Part A (Framework jar files)
    • Basic with 30 steps of volume - Here
    • With battery Level on Lock Screen - Here
    • Basic with 15 steps of volume (thanks t3chg33k! - Here
    • If you want XS Lockscreen mod, download this Note: This is not my mod (even though the base file is taken from mine, but the whole XS Locksreen mod is not mine, So Please say thanks to aeonWorld. I just modified the package to reduce your hassle :) O yeah, if you install this, part A and part B is not neccessary, they all are included in this package
    2. Part B (Framework Resource with custom Lockscreen and Reboot Icon + On Screen Menu)
    • With SEMC Sliding Tab - Here
    • With SEMC Sliding Tab without OnScreenMenu - Here
    • with AOSP Lockscreen - Here
    • with AOSP Lockscreen without OnScreenMenu - Here
    3. Part C (APKs mod: Xperia S Style Home + SBW + Black Keyboard)

Latest Files
    ICS 4.0.4 (587) Official Download:
    1. Part A + Part B
    • Go to AeonWorld's thread and do as what he said. I have managed to integrate some of my mod into his.
      Warning: This mod will DEODEX your ROM so just to keep you informed. I can't manage to keep it odexed because the system partition is very tight, so it makes it harder to do odexing with correct license.
    3. Part C (APKs mod: Status Bar Widget) -

G'day!

NOTE:Other Legacy files, go to here or take one from attachment below.
    Darn it.. :( guess I will need more thanks to give me spirit remaking this mod.. :p

sent from my white ray using XDA App :)
    Hi hansip87,

I changed battery icon on system UI. It look nicer I think.

You can add this on your post if you want.

EDIT: I add my system uı to your Part C (APKs mod: Xperia S Style Home + SBW + Black Keyboard) pack

IMPORTANT: You must install Part A and Part B before install my CWM pack!

And made another pack with xperia S keyboard and non-Auto rotation Xperia S Home

screenshot_2012-04-06_1135+(1).png
    Uploading a new one ;) Turns out it's simple, signature inside META-INF is already a Sony Ericsson one, whereas the leaked one is still a generic Android signature.

I'll upload the following in one package:
    1. SystemUI.apk -> for StatusBar Widget
    2. Phone.apk -> for Phone 2G/3G toggling
    3. textinput-tng.apk -> Black Keyboard integrated
    4. Home.apk -> Xperia S theme & mirror style and Auto rotatable

In case you don't like one of them, i'll provide the restore package. Simply replace the one you don't want. :)

UPDATE: Uploaded Now ;) Okay now i'll finish the Framework Mod :eek:
    First Post updated with 587 part C. Part A and B is pending, and i hope someone could do it faster than me :)