<< GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada >>

Search This thread

Jubei527

Mar 28, 2011
Coupeville
No LTE after Silm Rom

I was running Task650 switched to Slim Rom and went back to Task650. i got lte but every time i make a phone call it went back to 3g and h+. so i decided to go back to stock Rom got LTE make a phone call it went right back to 3g and H+ again. is this normal or i should start fresh again? i tried the app in original post it dosent let me changed to anything accept LTE/GSM. and I tried what mrnovanova suggested in posted #263 the issue still exist.

I was running Task650 switched to Slim Rom and went back to Task650. i got lte but every time i make a phone call it went back to 3g and h+. so i decided to go back to stock Rom got LTE make a phone call it went right back to 3g and H+ again. is this normal or i should start fresh again? i tried the app in original post it dosent let me changed to anything accept LTE/GSM. and I tried what mrnovanova suggested in posted #263 the issue still exist.

The lte standard the we use is for data only not calling so it's totally normal for your lte connection to drop while you are making a phone call.

Carried by a Raven

Reactions: Jubei527

baib88

Jul 13, 2013
Q- Set Correct Roger APNs on AOKP

I am with Rogers, just flashed latest AOKP 4.2.2 Jul.20, and Ktoonsez Kernel.

Under Settings - More - Mobile network settings- Network Mode, i see "LTE/GSM/WCDMA" already selected. However, there are four choices under APNs: Rogers (rogers-core-appl1.apn), Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn), Rogers Tethering (isp.apn), Rogers WAP (internet.com)

I follow OP's instruction, I click Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn), everything looks alright, and I only need to change APN type to "internet + mms". afterward, signal refresh itself, then it show H+. However after a few second, the ratio button automatically goes back to Rogers (rogers-core-appl1.apn), signal switched to 3g.I tried several time, it always automatically goes back to Rogers (rogers-core-appl1.apn),

I tried WIFI Tethering, it works, but speed is quite slow, I think it's in 3g. When I check the APNs setting, Rogers Tethering (isp.apn) is selected. Then, the same problem happen after I turn off the tethering. radio button keep going back to Rogers Tethering (isp.apn) no matter how many time I choose Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn),

Is this normal? should I delete other APNs, just keep Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn)? or should I modify all four APNs to exactly listed on OP?

Under Status - Mobile network type, it shows UMTS:3, not LTE, my Baseband Version is I747MVLDLK4

Also, my signal strength dropped quite a bit after falsh. should I flash a modem? Can any Rogers user suggest one? I am in Southern Ontario

many thanks,

Last edited:

baib88

Jul 13, 2013
I am with Rogers, just flashed latest AOKP 4.2.2 Jul.20, and Ktoonsez Kernel.

Under Settings - More - Mobile network settings- Network Mode, i see "LTE/GSM/WCDMA" already selected. However, there are four choices under APNs: Rogers (rogers-core-appl1.apn), Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn), Rogers Tethering (isp.apn), Rogers WAP (internet.com)

I follow OP's instruction, I click Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn), everything looks alright, and I only need to change APN type to "internet + mms". afterward, signal refresh itself, then it show H+. However after a few second, the ratio button automatically goes back to Rogers (rogers-core-appl1.apn), signal switched to 3g.I tried several time, it always automatically goes back to Rogers (rogers-core-appl1.apn),

I tried WIFI Tethering, it works, but speed is quite slow, I think it's in 3g. When I check the APNs setting, Rogers Tethering (isp.apn) is selected. Then, the same problem happen after I turn off the tethering. radio button keep going back to Rogers Tethering (isp.apn) no matter how many time I choose Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn),

Is this normal? should I delete other APNs, just keep Rogers LTE(itemobile.apn)? or should I modify all four APNs to exactly listed on OP?

Under Status - Mobile network type, it shows UMTS:3, not LTE, my Baseband Version is I747MVLDLK4

Also, my signal strength dropped quite a bit after falsh. should I flash a modem? Can any Rogers user suggest one? I am in Southern Ontario

many thanks,

anyone?? please advise

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
I'm also having issues getting LTE on an AOSP ROM. Mostly E and G.

APNs and IMEI are good. Anyone get this fixed?

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
What region are you in? My gf's S3 is giving her the same problems. She's also on an AOSP ROM. We're in lower NY.

Upper East Side. It'll get LTE sometimes after a reboot.. but doesn't stay on it for long.

Have you gone through the same steps without any luck?

I'm not entirely sure flashing back to complete stock will fix the issue either. I have a feeling the root/flashing process hosed up something I can't fix.

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
Upper East Side. It'll get LTE sometimes after a reboot.. but doesn't stay on it for long.

Have you gone through the same steps without any luck?

I'm not entirely sure flashing back to complete stock will fix the issue either. I have a feeling the root/flashing process hosed up something I can't fix.

I'm in NYC, too. LTE only stays on for a bit after reboot so I went back to stock last night. LTE stayed on longer so I figured the custom flashing may have actually corrupted the EFS. When I see her today, if the LTE isn't active, then I'm a afraid you're right and a trip to AT&T is in order.

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
I'm in NYC, too. LTE only stays on for a bit after reboot so I went back to stock last night. LTE stayed on longer so I figured the custom flashing may have actually corrupted the EFS. When I see her today, if the LTE isn't active, then I'm a afraid you're right and a trip to AT&T is in order.

Please let me know the status when you find out.

I wish there was an easy "template" for re-flashing ESN/NV/IMEI, where you could just plug in your info, and restore everything.

Given the popularity of this device, I can't believe there isn't a simple fix for this. So frustrating.

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
Please let me know the status when you find out.

I wish there was an easy "template" for re-flashing ESN/NV/IMEI, where you could just plug in your info, and restore everything.

Given the popularity of this device, I can't believe there isn't a simple fix for this. So frustrating.

Unfortunately, Edge is the only mobile connectivity she us transmitting. I've searched for a fix like the one you have suggested, and it's come to no avail.

I've read that an stock OTA update might do the trick, despite it being a hassle. I tried the latest firmware, ending in G2, and 4G stuck for at least 10 minutes. I'm still trying testing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
Unfortunately, Edge is the only mobile connectivity she us transmitting. I've searched for a fix like the one you have suggested, and it's come to no avail.

I've read that an stock OTA update might do the trick, despite it being a hassle. I tried the latest firmware, ending in G2, and 4G stuck for at least 10 minutes. I'm still trying testing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I rolled back to full stock without root and all is normal now. Guess this phone just isn't meant for AOSP.

I run a d2vzw and haven't had a single issue like this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
I rolled back to full stock without root and all is normal now. Guess this phone just isn't meant for AOSP.

I run a d2vzw and haven't had a single issue like this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Fortunately, stock has yielded full mobile connectivity. I guess TW Roms are the way to go for d2att, unfortunately.

I wonder why d2att has AOSP issues, though? I'm no programmer so I wouldn't know where to start, but as a serious enthusiast, I have not seen a device respond this badly to AOSP.

monkeysez

Jan 24, 2012
I regret buying the d2att for usage on T-Mobile . my next device will be a nexus device

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
Fortunately, stock has yielded full mobile connectivity. I guess TW Roms are the way to go for d2att, unfortunately.

I wonder why d2att has AOSP issues, though? I'm no programmer so I wouldn't know where to start, but as a serious enthusiast, I have not seen a device respond this badly to AOSP.

I have no idea. I run d2vzw and have been on AOSP since Slimbean 4.1. Yes, I had a few issues with IMEI when I started, but I got that all sorted out in a matter of minutes.

No idea why AOSP is bad for d2att. Hopefully I can get my buddy on a TW ROM to help him with bloat, etc.

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
I have no idea. I run d2vzw and have been on AOSP since Slimbean 4.1. Yes, I had a few issues with IMEI when I started, but I got that all sorted out in a matter of minutes.

No idea why AOSP is bad for d2att. Hopefully I can get my buddy on a TW ROM to help him with bloat, etc.

My GF is used to AOSP at this point so I had to find a TW ROM that is themed to look like AOSP or even CM. Therefore, I flashed Dandroid for her. LTE is on and stable, and she's familiar with the layout. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2121506)

ADD Straight Talk ATT APN

ADD to the list the best Straight Talk ATT APN for SGH-I747
Name: Straight Talk
APN: att.mvno
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.33.11
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Auth: none
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

i guess i am too new to posting so the MMSC: has the basic http.../ attached to the front end of it

stupid spamming crap i am helping out here and get blocked from posting the correct info as needed to all of us because external links are not alowed this info is for rooted ATT SGH-i747 on straight talk

dsjstc

Jan 19, 2014
No LTE on Bell with i727R Skyrocket

I'm running an i727r Skyrocket on Bell. I've got an LTE SIM in it, but have never been able to get anything other than HSPA+. I'd originally tried a CM10.2 with the stock radio (UXUMA7).

Currently running a CM11 nightly from Jan 10, and I've tried with radios UXUMA7 and UCMC1. I've verified my APN settings from the sticky at the top of this thread.

Any suggestions where I should look next?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you having issues with LTE on an AOSP ROM? Look here for information, and post any questions you may have about the subject.

First, we need to debunk the carrier's explanation of 4g. The carriers will explain to you that if it says 4g on the stock ROM you are using LTE. That is NOT true, 4g on the stock ROM is actually H, or H+, which is technically 3.5g, and not LTE. The stock ROM displays LTE as 4g LTE

So the first thing you need to do is make SURE you are in a location that has LTE coverage. Go to your carrier's website and verify with their coverage map

Coverage Maps:

AT&T
    Rogers
    Bell
    Telus

AOSP based ROMs display your true network connectivity as follows:

G = GPRS
    E = EDGE
    3g = 3g
    H = HSDPA / HSPA
    H+ = HSDPA+ / HSPA+
    4g = LTE

For Canadian users, you MUST verify LTE / GSM / WCDMA is selected.

The Dialer Code is *#*#DATA*#*# (or *#*#4636#*#*). You will enter the Data Programming menu, to set it.

Here is an app that will access the menu for you:

LTEOnOFF

Reported ROMs the settings stick on reboot:

CM10
    SlimBean
    AOKP

Now you have to verify you are using the correct LTE APN settings, and if not, add it.
    You can access your APNs by "System Settings => More => Mobile networks => Access Point Names"

Here are the LTE settings for ALL US and Canadian carriers:

AT&T

Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Rogers

APN - ltemobile.apn
    Proxy - <not set>
    Port - <not set>
    Username- <Not set>
    Passwors - <not set>
    Server < not set>
    MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
    MMS - Port 80
    MMS protocol - Wap 2.0 or Blank
    MCC - 302
    MNC - 720
    Aythentication type - < not set>
    APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

Bell

APN: pda.bell.ca
    Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    Port:80
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:302
    MNC: 610
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: Not set

Telus

NAME: TELUS SP
    APN: sp.telus.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 220
    Authentication type: not set
    APN Type: default,mms,hipri
    Bearer: unspecified

Alaska Communications (ACS)
    2 APNs

Data APN:

Name: ACS Data
    APN: web.acs
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: “default,supl” or “*”

MMS APN:

Name: ACS MMS
    APN: mms.acs
    MMSC: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
    MMS proxy: 209.4.229.92
    MMS port: 9201
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: mms

Or the easiest way to do it would be just to edit the two current (GCI) APNs and change in the APN where ‘gci’ is listed to ‘acs’.

-Frozen

Fido

apn: ltemobile.apn
    mmsc: http://mms.fido.ca
    mms proxy: 204.151.11.13
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 370
    apn type: internet +mms
    reserved for god
    My lte wasn't working when I flashed to cm10 yesterday. I did the steps you stated, deleted all other apn other than the rogerslte one and restarted my phone. It has been working since then.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Carrier? could you post your settings for help with the guide? If they look exactly the same, just say theyre the same...
    I'm with Rogers, everything is the same except for the mms protocol. I left mine blank instead of Wap 2.0

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

fixed, thx
    Could users of other AOSP ROMs comment on does it stick on reboot?