[ROM] 01/01/13 Stock rooted odexed JB Telstra_WWE_3.17.841.2

Search This thread

Phill360

Dec 14, 2010
Run ruu from bootloader when fastboot is available. I did this with supercid.

You could flash the 1.89 stock telstra rom and then the OTAs.
Recovery is TWRP recovery from the TWRP thread.
Then flash flars kernel then flash SU. zip from chainfire and install busy box from the market.

I then downgraded my hboot to 1.09 so I can flash radios.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mate I'll give it a go. What Rom are you currently running?

gjw00

Feel free to use this but I accept no responsibility for the results - read up before you flash!

This is a collaboration between radavs and me and is primarily for Telstra users but can be modified for any carrier in build.prop.

I use this on a daily basis and have had no issues for a week solid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All apps working - including video camera.

Removed some bloat (Telstra Navigator, Google plus, Polaris, pdf viewer)

English language only - other languages removed - they can be pulled from the original OTA zip (which can be found here on the forums) and added to the rom.zip before flashing.

what version of TWRP does this support?

There are no screen shots because we all know what a stock rom looks like......

DOWNLOADS:

Rom http://www.4sync.com/zip/_8CLQVVk/radavs-pablo11-TelstraJB-stock.html MD5 e49ec694f7d22bc37b851a2365f4dad4

Radio http://www.vangoogle.com.au/HTC_oneXL/EVITA_HTCTelstra_JB_Radio.zip - Thanks for the mirror vangoogle!

Flashing Instructions:

1)Perform a backup and then a FULL wipe in TWRP and Flash the Telstra JB radio zip.

2)Flash the rom zip and boot up.

I use System Tuner to overclock and disable the power notification - have fun!

Thanks to radavs and the people mentioned here and the XDA community:good:

i am trying to (re)flash this rom, after lots of battery woes with non-sense roms, running twrp 2.3.3.0 (2.5 didnt work either), and i am being chucked a build error immediately after running the install

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
i am trying to (re)flash this rom, after lots of battery woes with non-sense roms, running twrp 2.3.3.0 (2.5 didnt work either), and i am being chucked a build error immediately after running the install

I use 2.3.3.1 and it seems fine. What hboot do you have?
And make sure md5 hash check is not ticked in recovery.

Last edited:

gjw00

i am on hboot 1.09 with s-off
i am toying with the idea of trying to update hboot (will need to load your rom, and run the OTA/RUU telstra updats to try and get hboot upgraded), to see if an upgraded hboot helps battery life in non sense roms (lots of drain in deep sleep, dodgy kernel i thnk)

dont have md5 checking enabled, will try with 2.3.3.1

thanks
gw

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

yep 2.3.3.1 works!
thanks
gw

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

i wouldnt mind updating this rom also, can u point me toward some working RUU/zip updatse?

want to get my hboot up to a decent level..

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
To do that you would need to flash stock Telstra 1.89 from fastboot. Then take all the OTAs.

Is your handset a Telstra brand?

gjw00

yeah, telstra handset..
not 100% sure it will my help by battery issues in non sense roms.
i beleive the technical term is 'clutching at straws'!
i have the stock RUU exe, and the OTA zips, im assuming flashing all of them will acheive the desired?

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
yeah, telstra handset..
not 100% sure it will my help by battery issues in non sense roms.
i beleive the technical term is 'clutching at straws'!
i have the stock RUU exe, and the OTA zips, im assuming flashing all of them will acheive the desired?

As long as you are S-Off, yes.

After you have flashed all these take the opportunity to do a factory reset while you have stock recovery. This made a difference for me.
Backup your SD first though.
Then fastboot flash 2.3.3.1 recovery.

gjw00

As long as you are S-Off, yes.

After you have flashed all these take the opportunity to do a factory reset while you have stock recovery. This made a difference for me.
Backup your SD first though.
Then fastboot flash 2.3.3.1 recovery.

cool, so it wont/shouldnt relock the bootloader?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

cool, so it wont/shouldnt relock the bootloader?

bugger, the RUU exe i have aint working :)
back to the drawing board

gjw00

vangoogle

Aug 1, 2007
i have both, neither are working, phones is rebooted back into the bootolader, and then the update fails

umm I think I had to load the original recovery, not TWRP to makei it work.
Search this forum there was a flash from bootloader to reload the orig recovery.
Will try to find and post back.

vangoogle

Aug 1, 2007
cool, the original telstra recovery, or some stock HTC one?
on this thread, or on the forums?

these forums http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1538
and the original recovery, any HTC stock one should do as the one I used was from something like a HBOOT downgrade or a fix your bricked ONE XL, cant remember exact sorry but am serching for it.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

cool, the original telstra recovery, or some stock HTC one?
on this thread, or on the forums?

try this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619556&highlight=+stock+recovery+

gjw00

these forums http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1538
and the original recovery, any HTC stock one should do as the one I used was from something like a HBOOT downgrade or a fix your bricked ONE XL, cant remember exact sorry but am serching for it.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

try this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619556&highlight=+stock+recovery+

thanks, think i found the recovery.img in one of the OTA zip files, will try that.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

thanks, think i found the recovery.img in one of the OTA zip files, will try that.

nah, no workie workie
annoying. have the stock htc recovery back on, but update is bombing out after it reboots to bootloader

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

nah, no workie workie
annoying. have the stock htc recovery back on, but update is bombing out after it reboots to bootloader

No you don't need to swap recovery. It should reboot into ruu mode and then flash. Where does it fail and what is the message?

From bootlaoder you can follow the fastboot oem rebootRUU command to get to ruu mode and then see if it loads new usb drivers. Also swap usb ports in ruu screen and watch again for new drivers. It sounds like communication breakdown..................

gjw00

the update starts OK, phone boots into the HTC bootloader screen (black background, white HTC letters), message comes up (in the RUU setup) saying erasing user data (nothing is erased), and then it tries to send something (the new image i assume), RUU then returens (error 155: unknown error), please get the correct Rom update utility and try again, i am using
RUU_Evita_UL_Telstra_WWE_1.89.841.9_Radio_0.18c.32.09.01_10.93a.32.20L_release_266699_signed.exe

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

yeah, i dont think its getting into the RUU properly. fastboot oem rebootRUU just sits on that same HTC RUU screen, no drivers being changed, should there be?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

found this.. 'Error 155 : Unknown Error if bootloader is unlocked, relock it (fastboot oem lock) and try RUU again.'
will i be able to unlock my bootloader again if i go to a higher hboot?

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

bugger it, i relocked the bootloader (now lost s-off :()
but then the phone wouldnt boot any further than the bootloader (relocking it probably prevented it from booting the custom rom)
ho hum, unlocked bootloader again, and now im back to square 1 (with no s-off!)

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
the update starts OK, phone boots into the HTC bootloader screen (black background, white HTC letters), message comes up (in the RUU setup) saying erasing user data (nothing is erased), and then it tries to send something (the new image i assume), RUU then returens (error 155: unknown error), please get the correct Rom update utility and try again, i am using
RUU_Evita_UL_Telstra_WWE_1.89.841.9_Radio_0.18c.32.09.01_10.93a.32.20L_release_266699_signed.exe

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

yeah, i dont think its getting into the RUU properly. fastboot oem rebootRUU just sits on that same HTC RUU screen, no drivers being changed, should there be?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

found this.. 'Error 155 : Unknown Error if bootloader is unlocked, relock it (fastboot oem lock) and try RUU again.'
will i be able to unlock my bootloader again if i go to a higher hboot?

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

bugger it, i relocked the bootloader (now lost s-off :()
but then the phone wouldnt boot any further than the bootloader (relocking it probably prevented it from booting the custom rom)
ho hum, unlocked bootloader again, and now im back to square 1 (with no s-off!)

After you flash the stock ruu you can unlock the bootloader again. You may find that you are still S-Off after the unlock. DON'T PANIC!! :)

Seriously though - it sounds like your drivers are no good for RUU. Did you try a different port?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Feel free to use this but I accept no responsibility for the results - read up before you flash!

This is a collaboration between radavs and me and is primarily for Telstra users but can be modified for any carrier in build.prop.

I use this on a daily basis and have had no issues for a week solid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All apps working - including video camera.

Removed some bloat (Telstra Navigator, Google plus, Polaris, pdf viewer)

English language only - other languages removed - they can be pulled from the original OTA zip (which can be found here on the forums) and added to the rom.zip before flashing.

There are no screen shots because we all know what a stock rom looks like......

DOWNLOADS:

Rom http://www.4sync.com/zip/_8CLQVVk/radavs-pablo11-TelstraJB-stock.html MD5 e49ec694f7d22bc37b851a2365f4dad4

Radio http://www.vangoogle.com.au/HTC_oneXL/EVITA_HTCTelstra_JB_Radio.zip - Thanks for the mirror vangoogle!

Flashing Instructions:

1)Perform a backup and then a FULL wipe in TWRP and Flash the Telstra JB radio zip.

2)Flash the rom zip and boot up.

I use System Tuner to overclock and disable the power notification - have fun!

Thanks to radavs and the people mentioned here and the XDA community:good:
    HEY HEY HEY, slow down boy! I'm not taking over just giving your work as a complete package! :highfive:
    All credit goes to you! and that's why I'm posting it here and not in my section. People will see your u/n in the about phone section.:victory:

Ha Ha, thanks. I don't often get called boy anymore ( I'm 45 "cough cough" )

As soon as it's up I will modify the OP with all the credit you deserve :highfive:

I love working with fellow aussies :good:

Cheers mate.
    This will install all missing apps/language apps to make it full stock JB Telstra rom
    http://removed--- Update.zip MD5: 1a874fd4386318c045ecfcb317ff9bab

This Folder has all the stock Telstra roms plus latest JB radio and other files

New working Full stock updater zip
    Yeah I don't get the errors cos I removed it.

Cool, I'll leave it with you then - thanks for taking over what I had started and at least you have the resources to upload it :)

HEY HEY HEY, slow down boy! I'm not taking over just giving your work as a complete package! :highfive:
    All credit goes to you! and that's why I'm posting it here and not in my section. People will see your u/n in the about phone section.:victory:
    Reserved - just in case.

An extra note: I am on hboot 1.09 - I cannot garuntee this will work with other hboot versions.