Search This thread

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
AmrBanawan,

Acid Audio engine works well on Jelly Bean, we use a variant (Xloud and Bravia) on our Nexus 10 which currently uses a Liquid Smooth ROM - AOSP Type ROM, Hascode is using a solid CM10 ROM, I believe which is Jelly Bean in the end.

Yes this can be flashed via 2nd bootloader. Just flashed it seems to work but dont know if it really improves audio or not.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Acid Audio Engine - Xloud and Bravia Engines Used

Yes this can be flashed via 2nd bootloader. Just flashed it seems to work but dont know if it really improves audio or not.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Hinzman420,

The change is very minor, most people do not notice the change. These updates originate from Sony and are Audio and Video algorithms the were originally designed for:

1. Xloud - Large loudspeakers for the home
2. Bravia - Large screen TV's

The developer took these ideas and tweaked them for a smaller device like a Tablet or a Phone but either way, they originate from large devices and were designed to improve large devices. If you plug your Kindle into HDMI or your Home Sound System, you will notice a difference.

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hinzman420,

The change is very minor, most people do not notice the change. These updates originate from Sony and are Audio and Video algorithms the were originally designed for:

1. Xloud - Large loudspeakers for the home
2. Bravia - Large screen TV's

The developer took these ideas and tweaked them for a smaller device like a Tablet or a Phone but either way, they originate from large devices and were designed to improve large devices. If you plug your Kindle into HDMI or your Home Sound System, you will notice a difference.

connect it to you lcd and see a movie and the sound would be perfect, but in the tablet only it make the sound a bit better. and more louder obiusly.

and the walkman. apk, this is my favourite music player!. and there is other tweak after installing this

http://www.mediafire.com/?vr5h7di1tnyxq45

and flash this. this is better. the sound is a bit higger, and the sound of some instruments are higher and the sound it a bit better, Deep and clear bass effect and more drums.

some new libs, and a lot of updates that come from sony and htc devices (that have very good audio)

Last edited:

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
connect it to you lcd and see a movie and the sound would be perfect, but in the tablet only it make the sound a bit better. and more louder obiusly.

and the walkman. apk, this is my favourite music player!. and there is other tweak after installing this

and flash this. this is better. the sound is a bit higger, and the sound of some instruments are higher and the sound it a bit better, Deep and clear bass effect and more drums.

some new libs, and a lot of updates that come from sony and htc devices (that have very good audio)

Took your advice love the Walkman player and the enhancements are great thank you for the advice im big on things sounding good. If i listen to music i want a great experience while listening to it. Thanks again.

Sent From My Rooted Kindle Hd 7"

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Took your advice love the Walkman player and the enhancements are great thank you for the advice im big on things sounding good. If i listen to music i want a great experience while listening to it. Thanks again.

Sent From My Rooted Kindle Hd 7"

the sad is that i didnt tested it and my tablet dont work, when i get it working i will release more things, so we can have an exellent sound quality and speed in amazon os and in cyanogen mod!

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Acid Audio Engine

persano,

We'll give this a shot, thank you persano.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
High End Audio Tablet

in the future, when a we get a new kernel anda good workind android rom for kindle fire hd, we can make our custom rom with tweaks and thinks like this

this addon that i added from the original post is a dovy digital audio addon for ics device so its even better

persano,

Do you mean Dolby Digital? We would love to be involved with a custom Kernel built around the sound deck - do something like Liquid Smooth where the Kernel is built for pure stability and build a suite of options for the pure improvement of sound - this is where we can sing professionally. One of my businesses we develop high end audio - mainly tubed gear that costs over $80,000 for one Mono-Block amplifier - we offer custom made full range Electrostatic Panels that destroys the competition - they cost ~$45,000 a panel, you pick the wood used - we use 100% pure silver Capacitors, Wire and Solder in the panels - they sound sweet. My point? We have CD Players that sound analogue - pure and smooth. We would love to develop a platform for our high end customers, one that would allow them to port their tablet to a high end audio system. Hmmm, we are on top something, a high end tablet....one that eliminates the dirty audio path used in current tablets. There is one problem though, MP3's are limited and are far from high end, so we would need a external device that would allow us to convert the Kindle into a high-end media server by providing a bit-perfect digital audio output to an audio/video system. We would need something that could bypass the player's internal D/A conversion and output stage. I think the only tablet that has these high end features is the iPad and iPod. We know TI is developing a new platform to compete with the iPod but we are not sure that Amazon is going to adopt the platform.

We will discuss this with our developer tomorrow and get back to you with the feasibility of such an adventure. We are open to anything that helps to improve the overall end user experience, so far the options for a high end audio tablet are one, the Apple iPad.

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
persano,

Do you mean Dolby Digital? We would love to be involved with a custom Kernel built around the sound deck - do something like Liquid Smooth where the Kernel is built for pure stability and build a suite of options for the pure improvement of sound - this is where we can sing professionally. One of my businesses we develop high end audio - mainly tubed gear that costs over $80,000 for one Mono-Block amplifier - we offer custom made full range Electrostatic Panels that destroys the competition - they cost ~$45,000 a panel, you pick the wood used - we use 100% pure silver Capacitors, Wire and Solder in the panels - they sound sweet. My point? We have CD Players that sound analogue - pure and smooth. We would love to develop a platform for our high end customers, one that would allow them to port their tablet to a high end audio system. Hmmm, we are on top something, a high end tablet....one that eliminates the dirty audio path used in current tablets. There is one problem though, MP3's are limited and are far from high end, so we would need a external device that would allow us to convert the Kindle into a high-end media server by providing a bit-perfect digital audio output to an audio/video system. We would need something that could bypass the player's internal D/A conversion and output stage. I think the only tablet that has these high end features is the iPad and iPod. We know TI is developing a new platform to compete with the iPod but we are not sure that Amazon is going to adopt the platform.

We will discuss this with our developer tomorrow and get back to you with the feasibility of such an adventure. We are open to anything that helps to improve the overall end user experience, so far the options for a high end audio tablet are one, the Apple iPad.

my speed tweaks make the tablet smooth, now, i dont only want to make it smooth, i want it to sound like hell!

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
my speed tweaks make the tablet smooth, now, i dont only want to make it smooth, i want it to sound like hell!

persano,

We have been looking at the Kindle's audio output, it is too bad they did not have a way to bypass the internal DAC and use an external one. We are looking at designing a Mod to allow end users to bypass the internal DAC and use the Mini plug as connection to an external DAC like the one we developed for Audio Note

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Re: [ROOT][HOW TO] Add WiFi GPS To The Kindle Fire HD Series Noob (Simple) Version

Wow! .... Works great!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360552048851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360552048851.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 103

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
[ROOT][HOW TO] Root the Kindle Fire HD and 2 with Windows - Noob (Simple) Version

hey persano
Me and you both with a broken tablet.. Im bored out of my mind not messing with it!

lacoursiere18,

Brian, we are working on your Tablet now, making positive progress - we will have it back to you before the end of the Week.

Please post options you would like us to add while it is in our office here (just in case we have to wipe it clean) in our Kindle Fire First Aide thread:

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
lacoursiere18,

Brian, we are working on your Tablet now, making positive progress - we will have it back to you before the end of the Week.

Please post options you would like us to add while it is in our office here (just in case we have to wipe it clean) in our Kindle Fire First Aide thread:

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Hey guys I know its probably not the appropriate thread to be posting this, but what was up with the micro usb? Did you guys get it to connect to a PC? I could not figure it out for the life of me and thats when I started reverting my kindle back to stock(so to speak).. and thats when POOF black screen upon reboot.. without working usb connection I couldn't attempt to reboot it...or recover..:eek:

EDIT:If you need any testing on any new software you guys have load it on there, I don't mind and I can supply you with any feedback or bugs. But if not I wouldn't mind just having it stock with root access because I don't really know what the issue was in the first place. SO if you have to wipe it go for it!!

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
How To Use The 'adb shell "idme bootmode xxxx"' Command On Kindle Fire

Hey guys I know its probably not the appropriate thread to be posting this, but what was up with the micro usb? Did you guys get it to connect to a PC? I could not figure it out for the life of me and thats when I started reverting my kindle back to stock(so to speak).. and thats when POOF black screen upon reboot.. without working usb connection I couldn't attempt to reboot it...or recover..:eek:

EDIT:If you need any testing on any new software you guys have load it on there, I don't mind and I can supply you with any feedback or bugs. But if not I wouldn't mind just having it stock with root access because I don't really know what the issue was in the first place. SO if you have to wipe it go for it!!

lacoursiere18,

This type of Post is more appropriate in our Backup/Recovery thread which focuses on this type of topic. The Kindle Fire HD Series and 2 sometimes need a bump or be told what to do when it reboots via the adb shell "idme bootmode xxxx" command or sometimes needs to be reset via the 'fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 1' command.

We will post you what we had to do to fix your Kindle so you can learn from the experience.

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

ok, lacoursiere, do this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2146853 and see if work well, this were my backups, so i think that yes, this have my latest tweaks, 2 more and some changes that make the tablet more faster and clean and the battery is the same