Free 2.5 GB tethering

Search This thread

Meanee

Mar 24, 2008
Was it not 2.5gb originally? I switched from some plan I had to the cheaper option, and they told me it comes with 2.5gb tethering. I did not pay much attention to that, thought it's what it was all the time.

sahil04

Aug 7, 2008
Was it not 2.5gb originally? I switched from some plan I had to the cheaper option, and they told me it comes with 2.5gb tethering. I did not pay much attention to that, thought it's what it was all the time.

I think it was 500mb originally and has now been increased to 2.5gb.

Does anyone know if this also applies to the classic "Android Preferred Unlimited" plan? I have had that one for ages and have been thinking of possibly switching over but if there are benefits to one plan or the other I'd like to know about it.

Thanks.

Septembersrain

Mar 10, 2011
San Antonio
I was told by multiple reps that this 2.5 is a promotion. It won't stay at 2.5 forever. I think you need to change plans. I moved from prepaid onto my guys account in order to take advantage of this.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

sosikfabrications

Sep 18, 2010
Screenshot_2013-10-01-09-05-20.jpg
How do u do it? o_O ....u have more gigs in tethering?

Just upgraded to 2.5gb ^.^...

Sent From My Jedi Note 2.

Set up the wireless tether app like xda says then use a vpn app. Best one to use is vipervpn but hotspot vpn works well for a free one

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

If u have the hotspot on your account the ps3 will be able to pick up the tether and use the data.. Just not when u don't have the hotspot on ur account and ur doing a hacked tether to use ur unlimited data it won't work.. I'm connected to the ps3 network now.. 2.5 should be enough for multi-player... I hope :p

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Use a vpn along with hacked tether app and u will use no hotspot data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galaxysm

ezsoulja

Jul 2, 2008
RICHMOND
www.officialpng.com
2.5 gigs is enough for gta v multi-player I find myself only use several kb to like 8 mb max over 4-5 hrs of online use .. Seems the multi-player is barley using any kind of data but only to show the location in the game and that's it... Loving it

sosikfabrications

Sep 18, 2010
2.5 gigs is enough for gta v multi-player I find myself only use several kb to like 8 mb max over 4-5 hrs of online use .. Seems the multi-player is barley using any kind of data but only to show the location in the game and that's it... Loving it

I would actually love to see screenshots of data used b4 u played and after u played for 4 to 5 hrs. I played bout an hour today and used just over 3GB.

Kay Rich

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks for the info. I have unlimited data but always use custom ROM tether app. Haven't had any problems so far. Btw don't you have to provide Ur social for an account with tmo anyway? So I'm sure they already have it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Just checked out my tmo plan and now I can tether legally. Thanks for the info

zuckerj

Nov 20, 2008
Los Angeles
Called T-Mo up and told them I heard about a free 2.5 GB tethering option for unlimited data accounts.

She said my current unlimited plan was not eligible for the free 2.5 GB tethering option, BUT, that she could move me to the correct plan and it wouldn't change anything on my account other than giving me the 2.5 GB tethering, and it would not cost me anymore.

Nice! I now have 2.5 GB tethering for both of my phones (each has its own 2.5 GB) for nothing addition. I had 0 GB of tethering before the call.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jedi Master ( 18 ) - Galaxy Note 2 ( T889 ) - Saber ( 46 )

The force is with me.

jijus

Nov 16, 2010
Lexington
Google Pixel 7
You are not lagging bc of me...I am on 4G lte with constant over 30mps down and 20mps up

it doesn't matter how fast your connection in theory, pingtest.net try that and see the difference!
ping response-the shortest-marks your connection health. especially you are playing a multiplayer online game :)
ref: support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/slow-performance-solution
btw I was joking about you tethering your phone to play PS4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you read it right!
    I stopped by a T-mo store today to look for a case for my wife's phone
    and I know very well the sales person.
    He told me that T-mo replaced the free 500 MB tether (on Unlimited data plan),
    with free 2.5 GB without any additional fees !!!!
    He changed that option on the spot for me.

You can do that yourself on T-mo website, or just walk in the store like I did.

Enjoy!:good:
    Septembersrain, switch your browser to OSX Safari it doesn't get blocked and it's a full browser

Sent from my C6606 using xda app-developers app
    I think it might start charging for it actually. I need to ask to verify this though as I'm not 100% sure.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

No, they do not charge you more, simply you get redirected to the upsale page.

Hit my "THANKS" button! Come on, you can do it!
    If u have the hotspot on your account the ps3 will be able to pick up the tether and use the data.. Just not when u don't have the hotspot on ur account and ur doing a hacked tether to use ur unlimited data it won't work.. I'm connected to the ps3 network now.. 2.5 should be enough for multi-player... I hope :p

I get free unlimited hot spot as my phone is rooted and using a custom rom that has tethering unblocked. So I don't see what the big deal is anyone can install a custom ROM with a rooted phone and get unlimited free tethering.