[ROM][ ION ] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast. [ ARC/S / Pro ]

Search This thread

arc_n_krizt

Sep 17, 2012
Bekasi

Attachments

• 1410392007496.jpg
    1410392007496.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 500
Reactions: Akcadem and 3andala

mlabgr

Apr 17, 2013
wifi not working

hello dear programmer, just flashed your ROM but WIFI is not working for me....
can you pls share link for modules? Thank you in advance
: )

keen36

Jul 26, 2012
Berlin
gps is not working on my arc s on the vanir build from 2.10. with the kernel bandala posted above ( http://d-h.st/Ye4 ). i didn't delete /data though, can anyone confirm this bug?

when i open maps, the gps icon shows, but doesn't work. "gps status and toolbox" app tells me that there is "no gps device present"

hello dear programmer, just flashed your ROM but WIFI is not working for me....
can you pls share link for modules? Thank you in advance
: )

you probably used the included kernel? try another kernel, for example legacyxperia

UPDATE
the next version from 6.10. fixed the gps bug.

with the latest version 10.10. i cannot get a signal, it doesn't even ask for my PIN.

I am now at 6.10., looking good so far

UPDATE #2

have tested the build from 6.10.14 a little now, everything is working flawlessly. wonderful additions!

Last edited:

Trichelieu

May 8, 2012
gps is not working on my arc s on the vanir build from 2.10. with the kernel bandala posted above ( http://d-h.st/Ye4 ). i didn't delete /data though, can anyone confirm this bug?

when i open maps, the gps icon shows, but doesn't work. "gps status and toolbox" app tells me that there is "no gps device present"

you probably used the included kernel? try another kernel, for example legacyxperia

UPDATE
the next version from 6.10. fixed the gps bug.

with the latest version 10.10. i cannot get a signal, it doesn't even ask for my PIN.

I am now at 6.10., looking good so far

UPDATE #2

have tested the build from 6.10.14 a little now, everything is working flawlessly. wonderful additions!

Hey,
I'm willing to update my version of this ROM so I was thinking i'd take the build you tested and approved. So it's the 6.10.14 Vanir nightly with the kernel provided by 3andala a few posts above? (Sorry, I got a bit lost with all your updates)
Also, any gapps advice? Banks topic linked in OP is down, I'm going for vanir light.

Thanks in advance :).

Last edited:

keen36

Jul 26, 2012
Berlin
Hey,
I'm willing to update my version of this ROM so I was thinking i'd take the build you tested and approved. So it's the 6.10.14 Vanir nightly with the kernel provided by 3andala a few posts above? (Sorry, I got a bit lost with all your updates)
Also, any gapps advice? Banks topic linked in OP is down, I'm going for vanir light.

Thanks in advance :).

yes, vanir nightly from 20141006 with the kernel posted above. the kernel has upload date 20140915, it's probably the legacyxperia kernel from 20140906. i used pa gapps , the micro version. maybe give those a try, they are maintained well.

i have been using the nightly for over two weeks now, no problems at all. i have used the dialer, gps, data and wifi daily, as far as i can tell they are working perfectly. the only thing i haven't tested much is the camera/video, a quick test shows that they are working nicely, too (video recording only works with 480p).

i really want to try the new nightlys though, i just do not have the time at the moment. happy flashing!

Reactions: Trichelieu

Trichelieu

May 8, 2012
yes, vanir nightly from 20141006 with the kernel posted above. the kernel has upload date 20140915, it's probably the legacyxperia kernel from 20140906. i used pa gapps , the micro version. maybe give those a try, they are maintained well.

i have been using the nightly for over two weeks now, no problems at all. i have used the dialer, gps, data and wifi daily, as far as i can tell they are working perfectly. the only thing i haven't tested much is the camera/video, a quick test shows that they are working nicely, too (video recording only works with 480p).

i really want to try the new nightlys though, i just do not have the time at the moment. happy flashing!

Hey thx mate!
So I tried and everything looks fine. I still can't send MMS but I never could with this ROM. (It might be my operator though)
I see the Vanir updater now works and there is advanced support for theming. That's cool.

Thanks again keen, and thanks 3andala for the good work. Can't wait for lollipop :D.

Reactions: keen36

d3vi13

Sep 4, 2012
maribor
i have com.android.systemui error on 4.4.4.102714 when i'm in tiles and layout. i did install g apps mini or without it it's still the same and i have lx 20140906 kernel. any idea what i did wrong?

Last edited:

keen36

Jul 26, 2012
Berlin
i have com.android.systemui error on 4.4.4.102714 when i'm in tiles and layout. i did install g apps mini or without it it's still the same and i have lx 20140906 kernel. any idea what i did wrong?

you could ask in the vanir support thread

i haven't tested that nightly but a user in the support thread reports no problems with that build, maybe try a newer kernel? also, vanir has released the next nightly. i have installed it last night and just checked the "tiles and layout" menu, it seems to be working well.

ltGuillaume

Jun 17, 2010
Has the digitizer/touchscreen been undervolted for the Arc S in this kernel? Ever since converting to this rom (from Jelly Bean, clean flash, posted kernel first, then rom, followed instructions to the letter), the lower part (~3-4mm) and the right side (1-2mm) have become unresponsive. Since I see no related kernel updates since, I'm currently on the Oct. 27 build.

Last edited:

Trichelieu

May 8, 2012
Has the digitizer/touchscreen been undervolted for the Arc S in this kernel? Ever since converting to this rom (from Jelly Bean, clean flash, posted kernel first, then rom, followed instructions to the letter), the lower part (~3-4mm) and the right side (1-2mm) have become unresponsive. Since I see no related kernel updates since, I'm currently on the Oct. 27 build.

Go to settings/Interface: Turn navigation bar on then turn it off. There you go. At each boot.

Reactions: ltGuillaume

ltGuillaume

Jun 17, 2010
Go to settings/Interface: Turn navigation bar on then turn it off. There you go. At each boot.

Thanks! Could explain the lower part of the screen, but how would it explain the right side of the screen being unresponsive? For example, the checks at the right side in the Mount2SD settings are almost impossible to alter. I'm 100% sure that wasn't the case in other roms.

Edit: However, I just got word that the problem is completely gone at the bottom of the screen, so thanks again! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ ION ] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast. [ ARC/S / Pro ]

63efytq.png

Welcome to VanirAOSP.
    Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

Features:

Status Bar
    - Quick Setting including numerous customizations
    - Customize clock display and location, customize signal bar
    - % displayed in battery + circle mod
    - Transparency

Navigation Bar
    - Customizable buttons + colors
    - Customizable height + width
    - Navi Ring
    - Transparency

Lockscreen
    - Fully customizable targets/rotation/widgets/ and more
    - Transparency

General Tweaks
    - Ad blocking
    - PIE: with extended options
    - Tablet UI Chooser
    - DPI/LCD changer + force tablet settings mode
    - Theme Chooser: Including inverted theme
    - Galaxy Nexus Parts
    - ADB over network
    - Bravia Engine 2.0
    - Custom Carrier text
    - Custom backlight
    - Expanded Desktop: with different modes
    - Extended Power menu
    - A-GPS. - Kang PrimeDirective –> Credit happily1986
    - Long press back to kill (in developer options)

Application Tweaks
    - Selectable Gtalk
    - Expanded Phone: noise reduction, advanced settings, speaker proximity
    - Expanded MMS including Quick Emoji
    - Camera: Enhanced settings (credit CM)
    - Functional Sound Recorder
    - Koush’s Superuser
    - Vanir Keyboard – removed tracking/logging – highly optimized

Performance Manager
    - Processor governor + speed
    - Voltage control
    - I/o Scheduler
    - Disable boot animation
    - Enhance recent menu

Sound
    - Beats Audio – Cherry picked from several sources, but chiefly NexusLouderV6B5
    - Quiet Hours
    - DSP Manager included (Credit CM)
    - Volume wake / rocker music controld
    - Rewritten Speaker proximity designed for Commotio/Vanir

Debloated
    - All inclusive ~180 MB –> 60 MB of Bloat removed
    - Fully featured LatinIME Keyboard, but only 2.2 MB (normally 16-20 MB), removed tracking/logging
    - And soo much more

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Donate to @PrimeDirective
    Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

Source:

Rom Source

Kernel Source

Credits:
    The Vanir Team: NuclearMistake, DHO, PrimeDirective, SonicXML
    ParanoidAndroid
    CyanogenMod
    Google
    GitHub
    Carbon
    PeterAlfonso
    @mikeioannina _for LX_
    @rebelos _for helping_
    @stopa46 for header image
    ANYONE who has contributed to the ROM.. sorry if I forgot anyone!​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [ ION ] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast. [ ARC/S / Pro ] , ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Contributors
    3andala, rebelos, rebelos
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.4.2

Created 2014-01-28
    Last Updated 2014-06-30

Changelog:

VanirAOSP gerrit

Vanir nightly Downloads:

HERE

Vanir Github:

https://github.com/VanirAOSP

Gapps:

Banks GAPPS (mini recommended)
    Vanir GAPPS

Installation Instructions

Download Rom,Gapps
    Flash last LX kernel HERE or HERE (Important)
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe cache, dalvik, system, & data
    Flash ROM
    Full Reboot (Important)
    Boot into recovery
    Flash GAPPS
    Enjoy ;)

Themes:

1- EXT/EXT4 partition at least 400 mb required HOWTO
    *clean install rom (recommended)

2- install mount2sd HERE
    * maybe use other apps if u want (untested)

3- check app setting & install script

4- mark all content except Dalvik Cache (System Apps-Libraries-Data-Media)
    * optional: use Internal MMC Readahead to 8Kb (using 16Kb)
    * optional: use External MMC Readahead to 1024Kb (using 2048Kb)
    * optional: from app settings unmark Use built-in busybox (that what i did)

6- Reboot 2-3 times

7- Select runtime Use ART

8- Reboot 2-3 times
    * thats time for the big wait
    * maybe the phone become crazy just reboot again
    * Taste VanirAOSP ;)

Screenshot_2014-03-12-03-43-53.png
    Finally it becomes official many thanks Vanir Team :)

NOTE:just wait for next nightly as vanir_anzu_4.4.2.031514

Camera:no preview
    gui: Allow devices to disable fence sync : not yet merged

after anzu everything works as must to be then ask Eric to support all 2011 Xperia phones

Cheers
    Reserved

BUGS

* Tell me (provided with which nightly using)