[UPG]Hard-SPL Unlocker - Developer Edition

Search This thread

racerx_

Mar 27, 2007
hey i've been following the threads here for the last few days as i should be getting a diamond next week, so thought i'd start catching up on my reading..

can i just clarify.. if i install hard-spl developer edition and want to go back to original ROM/SPL, i should just be able to flash the ROM from my provider without manually going in to Hard-SPL, and everything will revert?

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
You will have the official ROM but not the official SPL. This (official SPL) will be given to us by the guys here soon. ;)

racerx_

Mar 27, 2007
ah. ok is that because the official ROM doesn't contain an SPL or just can't overwrite the hard spl? thanks

webvan

May 20, 2008
Thought that was obvious but after reading about someone's problem, just want to clarify that you can still flash signed ROMs, including official HTC ROMs, with this HardSPL ?

papimuzo

Jul 18, 2005
Navigating through SPLs?

You will have the official ROM but not the official SPL. This (official SPL) will be given to us by the guys here soon. ;)

Does this means that we will be able to flash from HardSPL to official SPL and vice-versa? What about write protection? Can we come from Olinex HardSPL to Developer Edition (though I am happy to stay in the mandatory signed wagon)

stepw

Feb 11, 2007
You should be able to flash original SPL using SSPL unless it was locked by OliNex.

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
It's true ,my Diamond is locked by Olinex, so don't do it again

it is not locked dear... go flash the package in THIS very thread. then it can flash any junk you wish to put on it (except junk SPL files)

edit: I see you want stock SPL, why? warranty reasons? I'll upload some stock SPL's today that you can flash.

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
stock SPLs - only for warranty reasons

Great!!! It's good to have that stuff for warranty reasons of course! :rolleyes:

here's the SPLs... 1.23, 1.34, 1.37, 1.93.
EDIT: I uploaded 1.35 later because people couldn't understand there was no real difference between 1.34 and 1.35. so it is now in the second attachment in this post.
new: also uploaded 1.93 now.

if you have unsigned hardspl, you'll need to use the SSPL package (i.e. the package posted at the beginning of this thread), just replace the NBH file with one of these stock SPLs.

if you have signed hardspl, just go ahead and flash with normal RUU process (no overwrite protection in that one, as it is already only accepting htchackers signed files, there was no need for that).

edit: some people apparently can't figure it out or read the whole thread, so to save trouble, please read the following:

STEP BY STEP HOW TO RETURN TO STOCK SPL - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

0. be sure to first restore stock OS, and stock radio. stock SPL is always to be done last!!
1. download the stock spl package from this post (pick one of the attachments) in this thread.
2. also download the RUU-SSPL-withoutNBH.zip from the attachments in this post.
3. pick the SPL you want to reflash to (ONLY FOR WARRANTY REASONS), it's a .NBH file, put the NBH in the extracted RUU-SSPL-withoutNBH package.
4. run the RUU (or if needed, run SSPL-Manual.exe manually, then run RUU when it goes to black screen), it goes to 100%, reboots, done.
+5. to verify, volume down + reset, see version number on tricolour screen.
that's it.

Attachments

• stockSPLs_htchackerssign.zip
    401.8 KB · Views: 13,895
  • RUU_Signed135stocksigned.zip
    136.1 KB · Views: 5,847
  • RUU-SSPL-withoutNBH.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 12,231
  • RUU_Signed_SPL193stock.zip
    136.5 KB · Views: 10,004
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here's unsigned version of Hard-SPL - what you've been waiting for!

[size=+1]ok, here it is now :) as I said the wait would be max 2 weeks in the *worst* case. well the case is much better than that ;) [/size]

this is only for people who know what they are doing!!! newbies who aren't sure what roms to flash, should go with the signed version of hardSPL here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=400402

Installation Instructions are the same:

1) Download, extract to an empty folder.
    2) Run RomUpdateUtility.exe, Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile
    3) follow steps, check device for prompts after PC shows loading bar. it should go to black screen now.
    4) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
    5) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (volume down + reset, i.e. press volume down button and reset then keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen) and verify the screen shows 1.40.OliNex.
    note: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!

INSTALLING THIS WILL HARD-RESET THE DEVICE

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:
    - read the instructions.
    - read the instructions.
    - read the instructions.
    - Anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically (your device doesn't even go to black screen), please copy SSPLManual.exe to the device and run it. then once the screen is black, run RUU manually (you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious).
    - if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to black screen, then try a different USB port, also do not use USB hub, you can also try rebooting your PC, and can try using another PC. read the thread for even more tips that I don't remember now. also you can try unticking advanced network functionality in start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
    - if SSPL-Manual.exe or enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or similar), try a hard reset of the device.
    - CDMA (Sprint or Telus) diamonds need my other hardspl:, head over to: CDMA (not GSM) diamond hardspl - ONLY use this if your diamond does not use GSM protocol for radio!!! otherwise you will brick the device!!!

NOTE: this has overwrite protection, so don't try flashing another SPL using HardSPL.
    if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, we will soon post a stock SPL downgrade package.

enjoy!

UPDATE 1: 1.37 Hard-SPL
    for those who need 1.37 due to some screen fuzziness issues on some newer diamonds, here it is with hardspl patches:
    - Developer Edition: can flash unsigned code. Version: 1.37.OliNex
    - Signed Edition: can only flash preapproved signed code. Version: 1.38.OliNex
    please see Attachment below for Developer Edition!!
    for Signed Edition, see the signed HardSPL thread of course.

I recommend you flash the original HardSPL, as that one is MFG. only flash the 1.37 if you experience the fuzzy display issue.

UPDATE 2: 1.93 Hard-SPL
    if someone's diamond came with 1.93 SPL originally, maybe this HardSPL based on 1.93 will work better than the olders. I have a report that someone has black screen with older SPL's.
    but even if your diamond didn't come with 1.93 stock, but 1.37 doesn't fix screen problems (fuzzy screen, flickering, etc.), it is recommended to try this 1.93 HardSPL.
    if your diamond works fine with original HardSPL, no need to flash this one.
    Version: 1.93.OliNex

IMPORTANT: all in all, I recommend you flash the original HardSPL, as that one is MFG and easier to deal with if there is some problem. only flash the 1.37 or 1.93 if you have screen issues.
    if it was some other version and you still have issues after trying 1.37 and 1.93, then let us know in this thread.

STOCK SPL's: to return to stock SPL for warranty reasons: read post #39 in this thread!!!
    New life for a HTC P3700 ( Touch Diamond) ?!?

Is this thread monitored by anyone, still?!?

I got this old (some say obsolete) HTC Touch Diamond and would like to see if I can make it work as an emergency/backup phone to my Nokia Lumia 820 WP8. Or I can just load it with music, videos, for my two kids to play around or even use myself as a "wireless client" around the house so I reduce usage (and possible damage) to my main phone.

The device boots fine into windows mobile 6.1 I get a nice touch flo 3D screen of course the no sim error/message but everything else seems to work, even connected to my home WiFi. One thing that does not work (while connected to WiFi) is YouTube, it has an HTC app already installed which allows me to search and find but will not play videos, just errors out saying "could not connect" , even directly via InternetExplorer I can go to YouTube.com but it will not play videos. Some thing is goofy even though the wireless works. I can access my email via the preinstalled outlook and it syncs fine.

All in all, I was wondering if I should use a radio, SPL and ROM which is more compatible for my location, I live in the US while this phone was originally sold somewhere in eastern Europe, possibly yugoslavia or greece.

I am attaching some screenshot in case they help.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeabe than me can help me ..."resurrect" this thread after, what, more than 3 years!?!? (or if I'm in the wrong place, point me to the right one) :eek:

Thank you very much! :good:
    Look in google for:

youtube cab xda

You find some youtube installations you can try.

I found one in a few seconds: see attachment.