luvpad AD100

Search This thread

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
hi all
i think this tablet is japanes version of G-table
when turn on the tablet ,i dont can see any things ,only white screen (only backlight lcd) . i pressed vol+ and power but nothings
is it possible help me?

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
i checked this cable . is ok.
i read this link ,i bumped the bottom, right corner of the tab but dont change
in addition, how i can test tablet maybe my tablet is dead?

Last edited:

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
i press and hold vol- and power button but i dont can see any bird .
in addition when i connect tablet to pc , i can see Tegra label in Device manager
even i test backlight sensor ,it work perfect then i think my issue is software.
Also led wifi is on

Attachments

• tegra.jpg
    tegra.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
The birds are a ViewSonic-specific splash screen. It might be something else entirely on your LuvPad. Anyway, since your screen isn't displaying anything except white, looking for the boot splash screen is not useful.

in addition when i connect tablet to pc , i can see Tegra label in Device manager
even i test backlight sensor ,it work perfect then i think my issue is software.
Also led wifi is on
All of those point to a HW problem (cables, connector, LCD panel) rather than a SW one. The screen will go white when there is no video signal coming into the LCD panel. Then, only the backlight (white) will be displayed. (This is the reverse of what happens on a CRT monitor which displays black when it isn't receiving any signals.)

I would check those cable(s) and connectors again. Pull out all the cables going into the LCD panel at both ends, and inspect them carefully for breaks as this thread recommends, then plug the cable(s) back in firmly.

Software checks are these.

1. Check bootloader.

Get the nvflash program (the ones used on this board might work too) and the bootloader.bin for the LuvPad AD100 from one of the official firmware update files. Install the nvflash program (and, on Windows, its USB drivers) and then run this command (both the nvflash executable and bootloader.bin should be sitting in the same directory) in a CMD.exe window after you've put the LuvPad into APX mode (on the gTablet, you have to power off, then press both the Vol [-] and the Power buttons--it might be some other button combination on the LuvPad):
Code:
C:\SOME\PATH> [B].\nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --getpartitiontable part.txt[/B]
If the command completes and the part.txt file looks OK, then your LuvPad is running the bootloader just fine.

2. Check Recovery.

Power off the LuvPad, then try putting it into Recovery mode by pressing the Vol [+] and Power buttons at the same time. (Again, those keys work on the gTablet; it might be something else on the LuvPad). After a few seconds, see if you can get into an ADB shell (install ADB first if you need to, or just use Linux). If you have CWM, or some other kind of custom recovery installed, then you will get a shell. The stock recovery may or may not give you a shell.
Code:
C:\SOME\PATH> [B]adb shell[/B]
3. Check ROM.

Power off the LuvPad, then run this adb command and power on the LuvPad. If you've enabled ADB debugging in the ROM (or, it comes enabled by default) and the ROM doesn't have problems booting, then you should see the system logs scrolling by.
Code:
C:\SOME\PATH> [B]adb logcat -v time[/B]
Also, in both the ROM and in recovery mode, if when you connect and disconnect the USB cable, Windows detects the device connection/disconnection, then the HW and ROM/recover are most probably OK, and you may be able to look at the logs to troubleshoot this further. (When you connect the cable in the ROM, a new removable drive may even appear, even though it may show no data in it--I don't use Windows, so I don't know precisely what should happen there.)

Last edited:
Reactions: sirone

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
if when you connect and disconnect the USB cable, Windows detects the device connection/disconnection, then the HW and ROM/recover are most probably OK
yes , i can see windows detect a device .
Luvpad is very similar "Malata SMB-A1011" .i found this link for bootloader and rom :
4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=237500&st=100
downloaded "usbpcdriver.zip" and setup manually then now i can see "NVidia Android Composite Device" in device manager and a unknown device in NVFlash

But still i need help

Attachments

• dm.jpg
    dm.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 105
  • nvf.jpg
    nvf.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 118

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
now i can see "NVidia Android Composite Device" in device manager and a unknown device in NVFlash
1. Please don't use any other commands other than what I've posted above. All of the commands I gave are "safe"--meaning that none of them make permanent changes to your tablet. The command that you're trying to run in the screenshot:
Code:
[B]"nvflash.exe" --bct gtablet.bct ... --create --go[/B]
doesn't look right (why is it using gTablet files?) and it could make your problem worse by bricking the device.

2. I think it is a HW problem (LCD panel, cable, connector). Use a magnifying glass on the cable and the connectors, and a fine-probed continuity tester on the cable, and see if they're OK.

3. If you want to rule out SW problems, then do the tests in reverse order: ROM first, then Recovery, bootloader last.

4. The nvflash command probably didn't work because the device was not in APX mode. Put the LuvPad into APX mode first (Power off, then press Vol [-] and Power), then run my nvflash command. To run the recovery mode test, put tablet into recovery mode first (Power off, then press Vol [+] and Power).

Last edited:

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
2. I think it is a HW problem (LCD panel, cable, connector). Use a magnifying glass on the cable and the connectors, and a fine-probed continuity tester on the cable, and see if they're OK.
i checked, i dont have any lose connection

4. The nvflash command probably didn't work because the device was not in APX mode. Put the LuvPad into APX mode first (Power off, then press Vol [-] and Power), then run my nvflash command. To run the recovery mode test, put tablet into recovery mode first (Power off, then press Vol [+] and Power)

I've posted above about i dont can see any change when i use " vol- & power "
too "vol+ & power"
i receive a different version Nvflash but almost all without result.
finally i see this message " UNKnown Device Found " in Cmd page

in addition, i remove battery ,about for 30 second ,when i plug it , i can see the tablet turn on automatically and i dont can turn off with power switch .

Last edited:

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
o my god :eek:
i success for APX mode and now i can see t20 chip and more .
pls help me in continue ...

Attachments

• nv.jpg
    nv.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 106

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Hi sirone,

Rajeevvp asked me to assit you since he is busy @ work. Can we start from the beginning? How exactly did your tablet get in this situation (dropped, flashed someothing, just turned on & it started doing it, etc)?

I know you said the connecections are good but have you tried disconnecting BOTH ends of the video cable & reseating it? Were you able do a continutity check on the cable as raj suggested to eliminate the possiblity of a cable problem?

Since none of us have seen or heard of the Luvpad it may help to have some hires photos of the internals (boards, connections, lcd)...anything thing you feel comfortable with removing & taking a photo of may help you (or others that may have the same hardware). I know you said the Luvpad is similar to the Malata A1011. Do you see any designation of the system board...I know the gTablet has SMB-A1002 embossed into the RF cover. While there are a lot similarites in this generation of tablets, the actual system boards layouts (and actual componets) vary significantly.

To me is sounds like you may have multiple problems. You MAY be stuck in an APX loop & you may also (as rajeevvp noted) have a hardware video problem (bad connection, bad cable or even bad lcd panel).

You say that you don't see anything different when you power on with Vol (+) or Vol (-) but if you do it with the USB cable connected to your PC does it detect different hardware when you power on in each mode (APX...Vol- and Recovery..Vol+)...it should detect the tablet differerntly. The issue you are having with nvflash (unknown device found) could be a driver or bootloader isue. Where exactly did you get the nvflash & bootloader for your device?

Also, when starting in Recovery mode (Power 7 Vol+...with USB connected) were you access the tablet via the adb commands raj suggested? If your Windows PC isn't configured/detecting the adb driver you may want to download a live Linux distro (I use Linux Mint 11) & boot your PC off the live DVD so you won't have the driver issues of Windows.

Al

Last edited:

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
first i should say thx for help
Can we start from the beginning? How exactly did your tablet get in this situation (dropped, flashed someothing, just turned on & it started doing it, etc)?
i can say dont know because i get this tablet with this problem

some hires photos of the internals (boards, connections, lcd)...anything thing
i attached

You say that you don't see anything different when you power on with Vol (+) or Vol (-)
in post no.9 i mention about success about APX mode

in addition i use Win vista32

Attachments

• IMAG0239.jpg
    IMAG0239.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0237.jpg
    IMAG0237.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Need bootloader.bin

o my god :eek:
i success for APX mode and now i can see t20 chip and more .
pls help me in continue ...

Where did you get the nvflash package you are using? Check the folder for a file called bootloader.bin...that is what nvflash is looking for. It can't find it, thus you get the error. Check your nvflash folder & see if you have a file by a different name (wih a .bin extention). You can try the gTablet bootloader if you don't have a Luvtab specific one (it may or may not work though since we've never tried it) & you can get it from here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36150173/backup_gtablet_rev2.zip.

Al

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
i checked. in NVFlash folder i have bootloader.bin but i dont understand why nvflash couldnt found it

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
CD, cable & Hannspad

i checked. in NVFlash folder i have bootloader.bin but i dont understand why nvflash couldnt found it

Did you type in the nvflash command from a command prompt (& if so had you change the current directory to the one where nvflash & bootloader.bin are located) or did you created a batch file?

On the video cable...to check the end that connects to the actual lcd display you must remove the metal bracket to get to the display. Did you do that & remove & reseat the cable?

Also, from the markings on the board it, your board appears to be the EXACT same board as used in the Hanspree Hannspad. There is a forum on SlateDroid http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/234-hannspree-hannspad/ dedicated to the Hannspad...you may wnat to check it out when you have a chance.

Al

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
Did you type in the nvflash command from a command prompt (& if so had you change the current directory to the one where nvflash & bootloader.bin are located) or did you created a batch file?
i dont can understand your means . is it possible tell again
describe my process :
in start , type CMD and ,cmd appear in dos .
c:\user\sirone\nvflash\nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --getpartitiontable part.txt
similar this command and nvflash file there is in sirone path

Last edited:

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
a new test :
in your link i found page .slatedroid.com/topic/25805-hannspad-backup-brick-recovery-ics-installation-destruction-guide/#entry276544
and DL a nvflash file .there is a file with name "RunME.bat" ,i run and choose the backup menu item .i see nvflash download partition 2 - 14 and atlast a error in Part 11 .
i think this process can help

Attachments

• nvnew.jpg
    nvnew.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 56

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Save as a .bat

i dont can understand your means . is it possible tell again
describe my process :
in start , type CMD and ,cmd appear in dos .
c:\user\sirone\nvflash\nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --getpartitiontable part.txt
similar this command and nvflash file there is in sirone path

Download the file & rename it to getpartitiontable.bat. Paste it into your nvflash folder & double click on it (when your tablet is in APX mode & connected). If it runs sucessfully post the partition table.

Al

Attachments

• getpartitiontablet.txt
    77 bytes · Views: 26

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
i receive this :
PartitionId=2
Name=BCT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=0
NumSectors=1536
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=3
Name=PT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=1536
NumSectors=64
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=4
Name=EBT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=1600
NumSectors=1024
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=5
Name=MBT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=2624
NumSectors=64
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=6
Name=MSC
DeviceId=19
StartSector=2688
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=7
Name=BLO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=10880
NumSectors=2048
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=8
Name=OGO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=12928
NumSectors=16384
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=9
Name=SOS
DeviceId=19
StartSector=29312
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=10
Name=LNX
DeviceId=19
StartSector=37504
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=11
Name=APP
DeviceId=19
StartSector=45696
NumSectors=102400
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=12
Name=CAC
DeviceId=19
StartSector=148096
NumSectors=111104
BytesPerSector=2048

sirone

Apr 4, 2012
another search :
i find this link sumapho.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/luvpadnvflash%E3%81%A7rom%E7%84%BC%E3%81%8D/
and translated .this is luvpad and end of page i see similar above text .compare two together and found different in part 6 and 7 .
pls see this different :
mine
PartitionId=6
Name=MSC
DeviceId=19
StartSector=2688
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=7
Name=BLO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=10880
NumSectors=2048
BytesPerSector=2048

link
PartitionId = 6
Name = BLO
DeviceId = 19
StartSector = 2688
NumSectors = 2048
BytesPerSector = 2048

PartitionId = 7
Name = MSC
DeviceId = 19
StartSector = 4736
NumSectors = 8192
BytesPerSector = 2048

is it possible We conclude?

aabbondanza

Jun 20, 2011
Goldsboro
Which

i receive this :
PartitionId=2
Name=BCT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=0
NumSectors=1536
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=3
Name=PT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=1536
NumSectors=64
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=4
Name=EBT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=1600
NumSectors=1024
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=5
Name=MBT
DeviceId=19
StartSector=2624
NumSectors=64
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=6
Name=MSC
DeviceId=19
StartSector=2688
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=7
Name=BLO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=10880
NumSectors=2048
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=8
Name=OGO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=12928
NumSectors=16384
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=9
Name=SOS
DeviceId=19
StartSector=29312
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=10
Name=LNX
DeviceId=19
StartSector=37504
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=11
Name=APP
DeviceId=19
StartSector=45696
NumSectors=102400
BytesPerSector=2048

PartitionId=12
Name=CAC
DeviceId=19
StartSector=148096
NumSectors=111104
BytesPerSector=2048

Is this from the Hannspad backup or my getpartitiontable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The birds are a ViewSonic-specific splash screen. It might be something else entirely on your LuvPad. Anyway, since your screen isn't displaying anything except white, looking for the boot splash screen is not useful.

Also led wifi is on
    All of those point to a HW problem (cables, connector, LCD panel) rather than a SW one. The screen will go white when there is no video signal coming into the LCD panel. Then, only the backlight (white) will be displayed. (This is the reverse of what happens on a CRT monitor which displays black when it isn't receiving any signals.)

I would check those cable(s) and connectors again. Pull out all the cables going into the LCD panel at both ends, and inspect them carefully for breaks as this thread recommends, then plug the cable(s) back in firmly.

Software checks are these.

1. Check bootloader.

Get the nvflash program (the ones used on this board might work too) and the bootloader.bin for the LuvPad AD100 from one of the official firmware update files. Install the nvflash program (and, on Windows, its USB drivers) and then run this command (both the nvflash executable and bootloader.bin should be sitting in the same directory) in a CMD.exe window after you've put the LuvPad into APX mode (on the gTablet, you have to power off, then press both the Vol [-] and the Power buttons--it might be some other button combination on the LuvPad):
    Code:
    C:\SOME\PATH> [B].\nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --getpartitiontable part.txt[/B]
    If the command completes and the part.txt file looks OK, then your LuvPad is running the bootloader just fine.

2. Check Recovery.

Power off the LuvPad, then try putting it into Recovery mode by pressing the Vol [+] and Power buttons at the same time. (Again, those keys work on the gTablet; it might be something else on the LuvPad). After a few seconds, see if you can get into an ADB shell (install ADB first if you need to, or just use Linux). If you have CWM, or some other kind of custom recovery installed, then you will get a shell. The stock recovery may or may not give you a shell.
    Code:
    C:\SOME\PATH> [B]adb shell[/B]
    3. Check ROM.

Power off the LuvPad, then run this adb command and power on the LuvPad. If you've enabled ADB debugging in the ROM (or, it comes enabled by default) and the ROM doesn't have problems booting, then you should see the system logs scrolling by.
    Code:
    C:\SOME\PATH> [B]adb logcat -v time[/B]
    Also, in both the ROM and in recovery mode, if when you connect and disconnect the USB cable, Windows detects the device connection/disconnection, then the HW and ROM/recover are most probably OK, and you may be able to look at the logs to troubleshoot this further. (When you connect the cable in the ROM, a new removable drive may even appear, even though it may show no data in it--I don't use Windows, so I don't know precisely what should happen there.)