Galaxy Note Flip Cover

Search This thread

Aryana90

May 14, 2012
Hey there,

does anyone know a good alternative to the horrible original Galaxy Note Flipcover? Mayone one made of real leather? :confused:

I really hope there's any good version of this great case type! :eek:

Hope for your numerous answers! :D

Cheers,
Aryana

squicky

Mar 11, 2012
Hey there,

does anyone know a good alternative to the horrible original Galaxy Note Flipcover? Mayone one made of real leather? :confused:

I really hope there's any good version of this great case type! :eek:

Hope for your numerous answers! :D

Cheers,
Aryana

I don't know if it's good or not, but I've found something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=UG&feature=related&hl=en-GB&v=LGBDcRWykc0 and this http://www.mytrendyphone.com/shop/samsung-galaxy-n7000-69177p.html

At least those give a bit of protection to the back of the phone and corners.

UPDATE: Someone was asking on forum for these http://www.amazon.com/Zenus-Masstig...JX4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337029406&sr=8-1
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vror_ETzHBM
And here are many to chose from http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=mobile&field-keywords=n7000+flip
This looks like some better quality leather you asked for http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-GT-N70..._1_6?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1337029880&sr=1-6

Press thanks if I was helpful ;)

Last edited:

Aryana90

May 14, 2012
Hi,

thanks for your answers!

Yes, these flip covers look good, but the original one has a must have feature for me: It replaces the battery cover so it doesn't make the phone thicker and keeps its great look and feel.

I suppose there's no battery cover replacement flip cover in good quality anywhere out there?

Cheers,
Aryana

squicky

Mar 11, 2012
Yes, these flip covers look good, but the original one has a must have feature for me: It replaces the battery cover so it doesn't make the phone thicker and keeps its great look and feel.

I suppose there's no battery cover replacement flip cover in good quality anywhere out there?

OK, I don't take responsibility for this as I still don't recommend those type of cases (less material, less protection ;) ) but on the picture it looks like what you are looking for. It says it's aluminum so should be better it terms of durability, but I don't know if it won't reduce your signal strength a bit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/red-front-l...036222?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c5030dbe

Reactions: Aryana90

Aryana90

May 14, 2012
Wow, that's beautiful, especially in blue! :)
ebay.com/itm/blue-front-leather-case-battery-cover-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-GT-N7000-i9220-/180847009141?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a1b525d75

It doesn't look like PU leather, more like some kind of carbon/textile. That seems to be awesome! :cool:

Now I just have to think about if I take this one or the one suggested in the kick stand thread. Great! :D

Cheers,
Aryana

P.S.: I don't like big cases like silicone bumpers or bags or something like this. I just trust in my ability to handle my phone without letting it fall to the ground. That worked with other phones for years, so I take the risk. :eek:

squicky

Mar 11, 2012
Now I just have to think about if I take this one or the one suggested in the kick stand thread.

Yup, the one from Anymode looks really nice. But you will probably have to wait a few days or maybe weeks until it's available outside Korea (or you can try buy it from their website, I don't speak Korean so I can't help you with that). And it won't be cheap as I suppose it won't be less than $50-$60 without shipping.

UPDATE:
Here you go http://www.exportprive.com/en/galax...stand-folio-case-series-crocodile-black-.html
(I don't if the the seller is trustworthy, it's for you to decide)

But this case actually makes the phone a few millimeters thicker, so you should think again what's your priority. High quality looks or phone slimness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aryana90

Aryana90

May 14, 2012
Oh no, that's too expensive for me. Not bad at all, so my decission was easy! :D

I just ordered the Flipcover that you suggested for 20$. I hope I will receive it in May and give feedback after I got it! :)

whmcal

Jul 18, 2008
Hi,

thanks for your answers!

Cheers,
Aryana

Yes there is. Check out Amazon uk. Samsung have a lizard leather flip case. Much stronger than original flip. I have had it for approaching a month now and no sign of wear. At it is thicker than original, it takes a little bit more pressing down on the back to secure it. But once it is on, it does the job of protection, looks stylish and professional. I have photos of it in the 'post your case' thread if u r interested

Aryana90

May 14, 2012
Holy moly, in my opinion that "lizard"-style leather is ugly! :eek:

Thanks for your answer, everybody who loves this leather style will love this case too! But that's nothing for my sense of style. :)

If they produced this flipcase with "normal smooth" leather... :cool:

Anyways, I'm waiting for my blue flip case from Hongkong which is already on its way to me. Hopefully that's good quality, than it's perfect for me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fast_asleep

Apr 21, 2012
Holy moly, in my opinion that "lizard"-style leather is ugly! :eek:

Thanks for your answer, everybody who loves this leather style will love this case too! But that's nothing for my sense of style. :)

If they produced this flipcase with "normal smooth" leather... :cool:

Anyways, I'm waiting for my blue flip case from Hongkong which is already on its way to me. Hopefully that's good quality, than it's perfect for me. :rolleyes:

link please :)

Aryana90

May 14, 2012
Wow, it just arrived. Unbelievable fast, I thought I would be very lucky if I get it next Friday.

My first thoughts are very positive: It fits perfect and feeld high quality.

The Flip gives a good protection, it's very strong. The battery cover is a bit thicker than the original one, so it protects the camera lense but doesn't make the phone bulky.

Two little disadvantages: It smells quite bad, but I believe in a week the stink is gone. And the back is very smooth, even a bit slippery. The plastic texture of the original had more grip, but it the aluminium looks simply great. So that's ok.

I'm very happy with it! :)

Last edited:

megamanexent

Apr 30, 2011
Now I just have to think about if I take this one or the one suggested in the kick stand thread.
Yup, the one from Anymode looks really nice. But you will probably have to wait a few days or maybe weeks until it's available outside Korea (or you can try buy it from their website, I don't speak Korean so I can't help you with that). And it won't be cheap as I suppose it won't be less than $50-$60 without shipping.

UPDATE:
Here you go (URL REMOVED)
(I don't if the the seller is trustworthy, it's for you to decide)

But this case actually makes the phone a few millimeters thicker, so you should think again what's your priority. High quality looks or phone slimness.

Congrats on your case!

I am not sure if the seller is trust worthy either, but does anyone know if the
Anymode Case Galaxy Note Stand Folio Case Series from ExportPrive would work on the SGH-I717 or is it just for the International Note?

Edit:
Also Found it on Amzon for $85

Edit 2:
Ater some google-fu on the case and exportprive, I went ahead and ordered it. Apparently the case is made for the Japanese model of the Galaxy Note, so it does have the NFC antenna on the battery cover of the case (I have the SGH-i717) . The only foreseeable downfall I see is that it doesn't snap on properly, that would hurt. But for $63 including shipping, I say it is worth the risk considering I fell in love with the anymode case at&t sells, but thought it was to pricey for a brick&motor store to sell. Now I will get a kick stand plus earpiece cut out! Will update when I receive it.

Last edited:

YLNdroid

"Genuine" Samsung flip cover

Hello Friends. :)

I intend on purchasing a genuine Samsung flip cover (white) for my Galaxy Note (ceramic white).

I had a look on Amazon UK and for illustrative purpose I have posted the link below.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Fli...D4TM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338410191&sr=8-1
The product is Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note - Blue by Samsung. Considering it has by Samsung displayed on the link, is it safe to presume it is a genuine Samsung product?

I ask the above because the Samsung UK website does not have any cases/covers listed under the Accessories category.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/mobile-phones/accessories

:confused:

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
@Aryana90 do you mind posting some pics of the cover on your phone? Is it a replacement back cover, like the "genuine" cover?

The genuine cover (in YLNdroid's post) is a lovely fit, but probably isn't great for long term use, a lot of people complain that it wears out quickly. But it only adds about 1.5mm to the phone, so that's very attractive.

V

Reactions: YLNdroid

Aryana90

May 14, 2012
Yes, it is a replacement back cover. I think it adds not more to the phone than the original cover, but seems to be better quality. And looks amazing in blue!

I try to make some pictures this evening and will post it here.

YLNdroid

The genuine cover (in YLNdroid's post) is a lovely fit, but probably isn't great for long term use, a lot of people complain that it wears out quickly.

So is it inadvisable to purchase the "genuine" flip cover advertised on the Amazon UK link I mentioned in my previous post? :eek:

Yes, it is a replacement back cover. I think it adds not more to the phone than the original cover, but seems to be better quality. And looks amazing in blue!

I try to make some pictures this evening and will post it here.

Aryana90, is the said cover you purchased as good as the "genuine" one? Does it have Galaxy Note inscribed on the front and Samsung inscribed on the rear?
If so, where can I get one in white colour? I have a ceramic white Galaxy Note. ;)

I apologise for sounding a bit too paranoid perhaps! With all due respect, I do not want a sub-standard case/cover for my Galaxy Note. :)

Top Liked Posts