[TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V3.0.1 [7-7-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Added this to my Index thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671237

Don't think this is what you mean in the top post when you say "don't post elsewhere". But just wanted to make sure. Let me know if there is a problem with this.

That's completely fine. This is what I mean

http://www.forum-generationmobiles....olkit-v11-6-9-12-perm-rootnoob-proof-06092012

They copied and pasted my thread to their site to generate more traffic. People can modify what's in my toolkit (add a virus) and then people will think that I did it. That is not what I approve of.

Reactions: redpoint73

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
That's completely fine. This is what I mean

http://www.forum-generationmobiles....olkit-v11-6-9-12-perm-rootnoob-proof-06092012

They copied and pasted my thread to their site to generate more traffic. People can modify what's in my toolkit (add a virus) and then people will think that I did it. That is not what I approve of.

That's what I figured you meant. It sucks that a$$holes steal content from here. One of the many reasons I urge people to stick to XDA, as its often the original source.

CirgioD

May 24, 2012
Washington
Hasoon, could you please enlighten me what exactly is Perm Root? Do I need it on even if my One X was rooted and BL unlocked while still on 1.85 hboot? Thank you for very handy tool!:)

Bones2374

Aug 22, 2007
Hasoon, could you please enlighten me what exactly is Perm Root? Do I need it on even if my One X was rooted and BL unlocked while still on 1.85 hboot? Thank you for very handy tool!:)

The X-Factor Perm Root is for folks who are stuck on the 2.20 stock firmware, who never rooted or unlocked the bootloader before.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Basques and CirgioD

c_h0use

Dec 22, 2010
When ever I try to flash TWRP to my phone it just stops at a random spot on the progress bar and stays there. I keep trying to flash TWRP but it happens every time. Could anyone know whats causing this?

joho5

Oct 20, 2011
Is the exploit and supercid cooked into this toolkit or do I need to do that prior to using the kit?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Bones2374

Aug 22, 2007
Will this work on a 1.85 device or only 2.20?

Great question. Since I just also ordered another HTC One X for my wife today (knowing that I can now root it no matter what, Yay!), I'm also curious if this tool works on 1.85, so I:

#1 Backed up my data (with TWRP, then mounted the phone to the PC and copied all the SDCard folders over)
#2 Re-locked the bootloader with this tool
#3 Ran the HTC Stock 1.85 RUU Firmware to go back to factory/bone-stock 1.85 (I've never upgraded to the 2.20 firmware)
#4 Enabled USB Debugging, then opened this tool again
#5 Ran the X-Factor Exploit (on stock unrooted 1.85, just to see what happens)
#6 I didn't get the two backup authorizations on the phone or anything, just ADB 1.0.26 command-line help garbage. See screenshot
:confused:
EDIT: I also just got my wife's new/refurbished HOX for $9 directly from AT&T today and it arrived with 2.20. This happened again, so this toolbox version of the script really is broken, at least on Windows 7 32-bit. Ahh well, no biggie. I was able to successfully root it by downloading the X-Factor script from the original source/sticky thread. Then I used the rest of this handy tool to unlock the bootloader and successfully flashed TWRP on.
:cool:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:
Reactions: gredberd

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
What happens if we don't get the CID as 11111111? I closed your script but it kept popping up -- I am scared to try it again...do I just keep at it until my CID gets switched to 1111111?

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Great question. Since I just also ordered another HTC One X for my wife today (knowing that I can now root it no matter what, Yay!), I'm also curious if this tool works on 1.85, so I:

#1 Backed up my data (with TWRP, then mounted the phone to the PC and copied all the SDCard folders over)
#2 Re-locked the bootloader with this tool
#3 Ran the HTC Stock 1.85 RUU Firmware to go back to factory/bone-stock 1.85 (I've never upgraded to the 2.20 firmware)
#4 Enabled USB Debugging, then opened this tool again
#5 Ran the X-Factor Exploit (on stock unrooted 1.85, just to see what happens)
#6 I didn't get the two backup authorizations on the phone or anything, just ADB 1.0.26 command-line help garbage. See screenshot
:confused:
EDIT: I also just got my wife's new/refurbished HOX for $9 directly from AT&T today and it arrived with 2.20. This happened again, so this toolbox version of the script really is broken, at least on Windows 7 32-bit. Ahh well, no biggie. I was able to successfully root it by downloading the X-Factor script from the original source/sticky thread. Then I used the rest of this handy tool to unlock the bootloader and successfully flashed TWRP on.

Hmmm. I guess he modified ADB or he's using a newer version. I guess I haven't updated ADB then! lol. I'll do it now. Thanks!

911jason

Nov 1, 2010
Los Angeles
this toolbox version of the script really is broken, at least on Windows 7 32-bit. Ahh well, no biggie. I was able to successfully root it by downloading the X-Factor script from the original source/sticky thread. Then I used the rest of this handy tool to unlock the bootloader and successfully flashed TWRP on.

I had the same experience the other night. Couldn't get the CID to change with the toolbox, but went over and used the X-Factor script and it worked fine. Then used the Toolbox to flash TWRP.

I still wish there was a single guide though that was foolproof for flashing a custom ROM on newly rooted 2.20 devices. It's been about a year since I've flashed much of anything, although I used to flash ROMs all the time on both my HTC Aria and my BN Nook Color. TWRP is completely new to me as is flashing boot.img separately. Each thread I've looked at has different advice and various warnings that are making me nervous that I'm going to screw something up.

Has anyone seen a legit, detailed step-by-step from start to finish?

Reactions: Bones2374

maddie01

Feb 5, 2009
New Orleans
Wild Child has a nice PDF on flashing to the ATT One X on his forum but you have to be a member, etc...to download the ROMs....

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I had the same experience the other night. Couldn't get the CID to change with the toolbox, but went over and used the X-Factor script and it worked fine. Then used the Toolbox to flash TWRP.

I still wish there was a single guide though that was foolproof for flashing a custom ROM on newly rooted 2.20 devices. It's been about a year since I've flashed much of anything, although I used to flash ROMs all the time on both my HTC Aria and my BN Nook Color. TWRP is completely new to me as is flashing boot.img separately. Each thread I've looked at has different advice and various warnings that are making me nervous that I'm going to screw something up.

I just got home and I've been busy celebrating my holiday (I'm Muslim and I was celebrating Eid!). I have to update the ADB he used in my toolkit. Flashing ROMs is simple and so is the boot.img. My tool offers flashing kernels. I can probably get it done tomorrow. Too tired right now lol

Basques

Mar 31, 2008
unlock code.bin

What I should do if can't get my unlock code.bim from HTC DEV error code 160?
Device: HTC ONE X AT&T

Bones2374

Aug 22, 2007
What I should do if can't get my unlock code.bim from HTC DEV error code 160?
Device: HTC ONE X AT&T

Sounds like the "SuperCID" portion of the script didn't take on your phone yet. If your CID is still the original AT&T one "CWS__0001", then the HTCDev site won't send you an unlock.bin

smahend2

May 5, 2012
flash rom steps

911jason

I used the following http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957193

Worked for a noob like me. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 911jason
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC One X. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • TWRP 2.5.0.0
    • User Provided Recovery
    -Flash Kernels provided
    • User Provided Kernel
    - Link to this thread
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked
    - Link to the One X Development thread
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Boot into Bootloader
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this! (A great motivator for me to continue updating for the One X!)

Here is a screenshot.

ndol1g.png

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - djrbliss for his Xfactor root exploit!
    - Mods of the forum!
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​

You can show your appreciation by donating to me via PayPal by clicking THIS. It helps me continue going to school and gives me a motivator to update the toolkit for the One X!

Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 10-23-2012
    - Initial Release

v1.1 Released 10-28-2012
    - Updated ADB and Fastboot
    - Updated my scripts with instructions on how to basically do everything. It should be pure noob proof now!!!

v2.0 Released 12-24-2012
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.99
    - Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

v2.1 Released! 1-22-2013
    - Added a Factory RUU link
    - Added a way to check your CID
    - Get Token ID command will take you to bootloader and then get it. No more booting to bootlaoder manually
    - Added a feature to flash RUU zip file
    - Flash A Kernel command will take you to bootloader and then flash it. No more booting to bootlaoder manually
    - Relock Bootloader command will take you to bootloader and then relock it. No more booting to bootlaoder manually

v2.1.1 Released! 2-1-2013
    - Updated all TWRP recoveries to 2.4.1.0
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.99 to 1.04 <--- This should fix the root issues now!

v3.0 Released! 6-4-2013
    - Changed my main file hoster to Androidfiles.org (credits to JMZ for giving me space in his server)
    - Updated drivers to support Windows 8
    - Added the Motochopper 3.18 exploit
    - Added the S-Off feature
    - Updated TWRP to 2.5.0.0
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.25
    - Removed the kernel section and added the kernel flashing under the Extras section
    - Added new commands
    - Added a feature to make logcats
    - Added S-Off ONLY commands: Write CID, Return to S-ON
    - Added many links in to the toolkit that are useful
    NOTE: I did not add any of the files from the S-Off thread/exploits to my toolkit. I added the official links to download the files but the files are not actually within my toolkit. Therefore, I did not violate what Jcase and beaups said since I did not incorporate the files to my toolkit.

TONS OF NEW UPDATES HAVE BEEN ADDED!!! This took me a long time and I made sure this update was well worth the wait! Please guys, I hope you enjoy all the time and effort I put into this. It wasn't easy. I can definitely tell you that!

v3.0.1 Released! 7-7-2013
    - Fixed the TWRP bug
    - Added soff.bat so you can now complete soff.
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    Nicely done! Thanks for updating this for Evita.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

You are welcome :)

When I heard there was a root exploit, I quickly came here and saw there was. Made a toolkit as fast as I can for you guys! ]

Enjoy everyone!
    v2.0 Released 12-24-2012
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.99
    - Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

Download is in Post 2.