[Q] How can I restore my IMEI?

Search This thread

OtVang

Oct 30, 2007
Dear,
Please help me!
I don't know why my HOX had changed IMEI, now I can't using my phone - it always asked me input unlock code and others function seem be as normal.

IMEI is not the same as show in barcode .
Now check by *#06#: 0049999010640000
Origin must be: 35304xxxxxxxxx :confused:

Check via fastboot by command: fastboot getvar all - it is OK - show the same barcode.

My One X check by fastboot getvar all:

version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.36.000
version-baseband: 5.1204.162
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.14.707.24
serialno: HT25TW{marked}
imei: 35304{marked} (it is OK)
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ4610000
cidnum: HTC__044
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 3741mV
devpower: 32
partition-layout: None
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
What did you tried..?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

OtVang

Oct 30, 2007
Anybody help me please!

This may be came after I tried upgrade it by other CID firmware :eek:

Now it is same as Android Player :crying:

OtVang

Oct 30, 2007
Did you suceed in flashing it?

I run RUU file: RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_3.14.707.24_Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_296434_signed.exe

and check after that - the trouble did not solved.

Looking for solution from you, this it appear when upgarde to JB so may be can solved it by downgrade HBOOT to downgrade firmware to ICS.:confused:

If this way cannot public - please send email to me.:good:

Thanks.

fgth90

Jan 3, 2007
Belfort, France
AFAIK there is no solution is you're not S-OFF.
You have to contact HTC SAV and ask them what to do.

No idea, sorry. I've no clue as to what the deal is with the software on cloned phones. The IMEI is supposed to be hard coded in to the firmware on the phone and untouchable.

Could well be the network has recognised it as a clone and blocked the IMEI, but I couldn't say that was actually the case with any degree of certainty.

Moreover, changing your IMEI is illegal as far as I'm aware, so we can't discuss it here, sorry.
If you bought it, contact the previous owner and ask him.

Good luck in your searches,
Franky

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I run RUU file: RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_3.14.707.24_Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_296434_signed.exe

and check after that - the trouble did not solved.

Looking for solution from you, this it appear when upgarde to JB so may be can solved it by downgrade HBOOT to downgrade firmware to ICS.:confused:

If this way cannot public - please send email to me.:good:

Thanks.

You can't downgrade hboot if you're not S-Off.

OtVang

Oct 30, 2007
Thanks, I already send an email to HTC support but must have waiting solution respond from them,

also when waiting respond from them - who can please provide me nand ICS backup for Asia-wwe (or the link me can download).
this may be: Nandroid Backup 1.19.707.1 CID HTC__044 or Nandroid Backup 2.17.707.3 CID HTC__044, I find out some link in here [COLLECTION]Stock Nandroid Backups for Different CIDs but it was removed.

I will try restore and check.

Thanks.

webpatrick

May 10, 2006
If you do a "fastboot getvar all", the IMEI is OK so it looks like the firmware spits out the correct IMEI, but not in *#06#.

Isn't it just something in your build.prop?? Or some other file?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Just saw this in the ViperX thread. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45642190&postcount=18446 Something with a fake IMEI.

Reactions: OtVang

OtVang

Oct 30, 2007
If you do a "fastboot getvar all", the IMEI is OK so it looks like the firmware spits out the correct IMEI, but not in *#06#.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Just saw this in the ViperX thread. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45642190&postcount=18446 Something with a fake IMEI.

Update: Currently only supports Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
Android version 4.22 is not supported:rolleyes:

Many other person face to this trouble but in some others kind of phone brand. also They have the way fixed it (samsung, MTK chip..) but have not for HOX - so sad

Last edited:

Prateekseth

Jan 14, 2012
Htc one x imei off and on coming

Update: Currently only supports Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
Android version 4.22 is not supported:rolleyes:

Many other person face to this trouble but in some others kind of phone brand. also They have the way fixed it (samsung, MTK chip..) but have not for HOX - so sad

Guys i have the same problem same problem but my imei come back after certain period of time and again disappears. please help me out..... i didnt do anything with my ph it suddenly started . It i is now just ipod for meno network.

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.36.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.162.29
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.14.707.24
(bootloader) serialno: SH26xxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: 3534xxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4150mV
(bootloader) devpower: 100
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I tried to flash ruu the same ruu that you did . sucessfully done also but no imei.

Last edited:

gmbengue

Jan 26, 2010
Guys i have the same problem same problem but my imei come back after certain period of time and again disappears. please help me out..... i didnt do anything with my ph it suddenly started . It i is now just ipod for meno network.

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.36.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.162.29
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.14.707.24
(bootloader) serialno: SH26xxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: 3534xxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4150mV
(bootloader) devpower: 100
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I tried to flash ruu the same ruu that you did . sucessfully done also but no imei.

Welcome to the club !
No solution for me since a lot of month, my HOX is like a ipod. I'm now on hboot 1.72 with sense 5 rom.
Maybe one day a developer will try to find a solution

sherwaniusman

Dec 7, 2012
Welcome to the club !
No solution for me since a lot of month, my HOX is like a ipod. I'm now on hboot 1.72 with sense 5 rom.
Maybe one day a developer will try to find a solution

How did you upgraded to hboot 1.72? I couldn't find any update for 1.72 for cid: HTC__044.

I am having the same issue. I am on hboot 1.36. Tried every thing but no luck. Looking for trying a Hboot upgrade.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
When your imei is gone you won't get it back just like that. It needs or a jtag solution via a shop or get it rewritten by an official repair centre/HTC !

And when you want to do it yourself you need at least s-off.....but that is also not really possible.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sherwaniusman

Dec 7, 2012
When your imei is gone you won't get it back just like that. It needs or a jtag solution via a shop or get it rewritten by an official repair centre/HTC !

And when you want to do it yourself you need at least s-off.....but that is also not really possible.

But why is fastboot showing correct IMEI and basband number? The only thing HTC know is that they would replace the board for 200$ :( what kind of a solution is that

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
But why is fastboot showing correct IMEI and basband number? The only thing HTC know is that they would replace the board for 200$ :( what kind of a solution is that

For us no solution, yeah an expensive one ! I can't help it, not working for HTC :)

But options are limited im afraid !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody help me please!

This may be came after I tried upgrade it by other CID firmware :eek:

Now it is same as Android Player :crying:

Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975140

and try to flash the good firmare, you can dl it in the good area HTC-044.

Good luck
    Franky

Hi, i need a help with this problem.
    Yesterday i bought htc one x, but i cant connect to a mobile network, airplane mode continuosly turning off, IMEI and Baseband numbers are unknown.
    What should i do now, can i fix that issue?
    The phone was never been used for instaling custom roms, bootloader is locked, here is the all informations that i got in fastboot mode:

ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.73.0000
    CPLD-None
    MICROP-None
    RADIO-5.1204.167.31
    eMMC-bootmode: disabled
    CPU-bootmode: disabled
    HW Secure boot: enabled
    MODEM PATH : OFF
    Jun 21 2013, 18:24:41

and here is what i got with fastboot getvar all command:

I readed somewhere that i can fix that problem with returning to stock RUU, but i also read that i cant downgrade if i am S-ON. I dont want to brick my device so i'm asking here for help.

Can anyone please help me with this, i will provide every informations you need.
    Also to mention that i have all drivers instaled, htc sync installed and deleted, fastboot and adb drivers, android sdk manager, google usb drivers, flashtool and surly some more drivers, so i can start to do what you sad to me immedietly.
    Tell me if i need something more. Thanks

Man stop spam ask only in one thread somebody will answare. I answared in other place on your question