Call interference / buzzing from phone - Should I RMA?

Search This thread

Grunzen

May 1, 2014
Hello there folks, I recently purchased a LG G2. For the most part is a fantastic phone but I've noticed a few problems with it. The main ones being in the audio department.

When I am making a phone call. I can hear the same sort of noise you notice when you are making a phone call next to a speaker system. It doesn't happen all the time so it must depend upon certain factors including what network mode it's using. It doesn't actually appear to be coming from the earpiece but rather the back of the phone (near where the camera is) as I can hear it more clearly on that side plus also when I'm not in a call.

The noise actually does change depending on what I'm doing. For example, sometimes I will hear a clicking noise just when I'm browsing the web (although this is a non issue, I can only notice it in a quiet room)

So yeah, do you think I should RMA the phone over this? Do any of you guys have the same issue? Thanks.

Last edited:

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
Hello there folks, I recently purchased a LG G2. For the most part is a fantastic phone but I've noticed a few problems with it. The main ones being in the audio department.

When I am making a phone call. I can hear the same sort of noise you notice when you are making a phone call next to a speaker system. It doesn't happen all the time so it must depend upon certain factors including what network mode it's using. It doesn't actually appear to be coming from the earpiece but rather the back of the phone (near where the camera is) as I can hear it more clearly on that side plus also when I'm not in a call.

The noise actually does change depending on what I'm doing. For example, sometimes I will hear a clicking noise just when I'm browsing the web (although this is a non issue, I can only notice it in a quiet room)

So yeah, do you think I should RMA the phone over this? Do any of you guys have the same issue? Thanks.

Checkout my thread I made a while ago...
I suspect it might be it. If so. You can try RMA, but to some degree the new handset will have the same issue, might be better, might be worse.

Better not get an LG device at all, as this is not the first device with this problem....

Or just get used to it....

But once heard cannot be unheard.

ratibars

Jan 6, 2013
Checkout my thread I made a while ago...
I suspect it might be it. If so. You can try RMA, but to some degree the new handset will have the same issue, might be better, might be worse.

Better not get an LG device at all, as this is not the first device with this problem....

Or just get used to it....

But once heard cannot be unheard.

I never had any such problem. I think union should return.