Question about Network Unlock

Search This thread

xhalz

Apr 26, 2010
Hello all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III from AT&T.

I plan on traveling so, I wanted to unlock it. I followed the steps on Android 4.1.1 I believe and it seemed to work (my menus looked identical to the tutorial I followed, but I don't have another SIM to test with). But, I have had the phone for a while and it is really sluggish, so I backed it up and decided to do a hard reset. The phone is running much smoother now, but I did do an AT&T software update which brought it to Android 4.3, and now when I look at the menu after typing *#197328640# and following the steps, when I get to Network Unlock, it looks different. Did the update relock my phone to the AT&T network. Is there a way to verify? Should I just hard reset again and stick with 4.1? Pleas let me know as soon as possible as I am traveling soon.

Thanks for all the help

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
If your phone was unlocked using any method, it should not relock. You can test it with a non att sim.

xhalz

Apr 26, 2010
If your phone was unlocked using any method, it should not relock. You can test it with a non att sim.

How do I test if I don't have access to a non ATT sim, I have one Korean SIM card, but I don't know how to test with it because it is not currently being serviced.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Put in the non-ATT sim, power up the phone. If it does not ask you to enter an network or carrier unlock code, the phone is unlocked.