[MOD] Custom S Note template
I don't quite like any of the provided templates in S notes. And frankly I think Samsung should allow us to create templates. Anyways...
I have been searching quite a while for this but could not find a suitable solution. Hence, I decided to check it out myself.
Basically, it's pretty simple, replacing files within an apk. Not sure if this has been explored before though..
1) Rooted device with any file explorer to read/write system files
1) Create a template.
Simple create a blank note "blank.snb" that you would like to use as a template. You can have your required background, pattern, color, etc. Save it.
2) Copy out this "blank.snb" into your PC. Notes location on device is "\sdcard\S Note" internal storage.
3) Copy out S notes APK into your PC. Location: "\system\app\Snote_wxga.apk"
Make extra copies of this apk, in case the one you're editing screws up!
4) Rename the "Snote_wxga.apk" to "Snote_wxga.rar" and open it with winRAR.
5) In winRAR, browse to "\assets\templates" and delete "magazine.snb" - more info on this below
6) Rename the "blank.snb" from step (2) into "magazine.snb"
7) Drag this new "magazine.snb" into winRAR location "\assets\templates" of "Snote_wxga.rar". Close winRAR.
Your file "Snote_wxga.rar" should now be updated.
8) Rename back "Snote_wxga.rar" to "Snote_wxga.apk"
9) Copy this "Snote_wxga.apk" back into "\system\app\" of your device.
NOTE: Your device may restart in this process.
10) Restart your device if it already hasn't.
11) Open your Snotes. Your "Magazine" template will now be your custom template that you created.
i) I tried adding a new snb into the APK but that was not registered as a new template. This is why I had to replace an existing template with my custom one. I happen to choose "Magazine". I believe others should work also. I did not experiment replacing more files.
ii) The thumbnail does not change though. It still has the magazine thumbnail. Not a major issue for me as I always pre-select my template when I create new notes. For those who have any ideas to change this, pls do share.
iii) This little mod worked for me and I didn't find time to explore further as this meet my needs. I do not take responsibility if your device decides to misbehave. So do remember to backup the "Snote_wxga.apk", or better still, perform a nandroid backup.