[REF] GALAXY S4 (I9500/I9505) GSM / NON-HLOS - MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM/TWRP)

Search This thread

pitcher85

Sep 17, 2011
Has anyone experiences with the XXUEMI8 modem in Europe or especially in Germany with Vodafone?
How is the performance / signal?

Or is it a better idea to use the latest modem XXUDMI1 released by Vodafone for Germany?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Last edited:

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Has anyone experiences with the XXUEMI8 modem in Europe or especially in Germany with Vodafone?
How is the performance / signal?

Or is it a better idea to use the latest modem XXUDMI1 released by Vodafone for Germany?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

I'm on XXUDMI1 modem, which is the latest, official modem for Europe (well, at least the Germany part, the carriers here don't really care about upgrading past MG/MH something). It's working well... I can't say if it's better than the previous one I was using (ME4), but anyway.

Until the official 4.3 update lands, and we get to see what modem they include then, I'd say you'd better stick to MI1.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Hmm, this is interesting.

There are 3 mobile network carriers in my country, and according to the SamMobile firmware checking tool, each of them has deployed a different latest version of modem / PDA.

For Cosmote (my carrier), PDA & modem is I9505XXUDMH6.
For Orange, PDA & modem is I9505XXUBMG7.
For Vodafone, PDA & modem is I9505XXUDMGG.

Now, the carrier I am on (Cosmote) is the worst of the three. Let's say Orange and Vodafone are rated 10/10, while Cosmote... I'd give it a 7. Internet speeds, signal coverage, network / voice calls quality... it's just bad. Although... look... they released MH6, which is newer than MG7 or MGG (lol, didn't even knew the last character can be a letter, I knew it's got to be a digit). Haha.

I was honestly expecting Orange or Vodafone to have MI1 for the S4, and Cosmote to have ME2 :silly: .

Of course, SamMobile could be wrong here, but I tend to believe otherwise. The carriers in my country never bothered that much with pushing updates as fast as possible. For example, a friend's HTC Sensation didn't get the Android 4.0 update until 3 months of its release...

Reactions: pitcher85

pitcher85

Sep 17, 2011
I'm on XXUDMI1 modem, which is the latest, official modem for Europe (well, at least the Germany part, the carriers here don't really care about upgrading past MG/MH something). It's working well... I can't say if it's better than the previous one I was using (ME4), but anyway.

Until the official 4.3 update lands, and we get to see what modem they include then, I'd say you'd better stick to MI1.

Actually XXUDMH5 is the latest offical modem for Open Europe (without the leaked test firmware for Open Europe) and XXUDMI1 is the lastest offical modem for Germany Vodafone which is newer than the Open Europe one.

Using XXUDMI1 now since I am using Vodafone Germany and will wait for the offical next Open Europe or Vodafone modem! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Hi, on Samsung Firmware Checker, it wrote I9505XXUDMH6 for PDA and I9505DXUDMH6 for MODEM.

Should I flash XXUDMH6 (since it's available?) or request and wait for DXUDMH6 to be available?

You can check the latest modem available for your country or region here.

Aerodeath

Jun 22, 2008
Thanks. It still stated XXUDMH6 under PDA though. And the link OP gave was DXUDMH6 under MODEM not PDA so I still wonder which to flash...

Last edited:

flow78

Mar 23, 2011
Paris
Sorry for noob question but can i flash modems with mobile odin pro on my gt-i9505?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

pitcher85

Sep 17, 2011
Thanks. It still stated XXUDMH6 under PDA though. And the link OP gave was DXUDMH6 under MODEM not PDA so I still wonder which to flash...

XXUDMH6 is the stock ROM for russia from 2013-08-13 with changelog 1220396 (so the newest stock 4.2.2).
It uses the modem XXUDMH6.

You can either flash the whole stock firmware or just the modem. It's a difference ;)
In this thread you are getting modems, while sammobile or this thread gives you stock ROMs.

Reactions: Aerodeath

Aerodeath

Jun 22, 2008
XXUDMH6 is the stock ROM for russia from 2013-08-13 with changelog 1220396 (so the newest stock 4.2.2).
It uses the modem XXUDMH6.

You can either flash the whole stock firmware or just the modem. It's a difference ;)
In this thread you are getting modems, while sammobile or this thread gives you stock ROMs.
Thanks, this is a bit weird...

From Samsung Firmware checker,
I'm using "Singapore(SingTel) - SIN"
so my PDA is I9505XXUDMH6
whereas my MODEM is I9505DXUDMH6.
From that thread I've already flashed PDA XXUBMH1,

In this case I should be using DXUDMH6 as MODEM right?
But it hasn't been uploaded. Will XXUDMH6 bode ill consequences? Since the front 2 letters are for different parts of the World.

pitcher85

Sep 17, 2011
Thanks, this is a bit weird...

From Samsung Firmware checker,
I'm using "Singapore(SingTel) - SIN"
so my PDA is I9505XXUDMH6
whereas my MODEM is I9505DXUDMH6.
From that thread I've already flashed PDA XXUBMH1,

In this case I should be using DXUDMH6 as MODEM right?
But it hasn't been uploaded. Will XXUDMH6 bode ill consequences? Since the front 2 letters are for different parts of the World.

The newest stock ROM (PDA) available for Singapore is XXUDMH6 with changelog 1220396 - so the newest 4.2.2 stock (there are no newer 4.2.2 stock firmwares available anywhere)!
You can just use this ROM and the included modem (PHONE) DXUDMH6.

You can also try modems from different regions since it can offer you a better signal.
You just have to try which modem gives you the best signal.

So to summarize: The ROM does not have to be from your region as well as the modem does not have to be from your region ;)

Reactions: Aerodeath

Aerodeath

Jun 22, 2008
The newest stock ROM (PDA) available for Singapore is XXUDMH6 with changelog 1220396 - so the newest 4.2.2 stock (there are no newer 4.2.2 stock firmwares available anywhere)!
You can just use this ROM and the included modem (PHONE) DXUDMH6.

You can also try modems from different regions since it can offer you a better signal.
You just have to try which modem gives you the best signal.

So to summarize: The ROM does not have to be from your region as well as the modem does not have to be from your region ;)
Thanks for the clarification. This sounds like tricky business.

Currently using XXUDMH6,
requesting DXUDMH6! :)

Aerodeath

Jun 22, 2008
Are there also ways to watch your Country/Carrier's Firmware so that when there are updates you'd be notified?

JohnnyBlack10

Oct 30, 2010
Hello! I had flashed XXUBMGA modem then i flash zhudmi1 moden i now i try Downgrade zhudmi1 to XXUBMGA and nothing happens :(...ZHUDMI1 i steel there. Is possible to downgrade or not?

Aerodeath

Jun 22, 2008
OMG.
I misinterpreted
Use Odin v3.04
Untick Autoreboot
Flash modem
Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
Flash Modem once more
Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

And tried to Odin my phone outside Download/Odin mode.
Now it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

Kies seem to take too long to Connect my phone. Should I like flash something to resolve...?

victag

Oct 21, 2012
OMG.
I misinterpreted

And tried to Odin my phone outside Download/Odin mode.
Now it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

Kies seem to take too long to Connect my phone. Should I like flash something to resolve...?

- turn off phone (I remove battery and put it back)
- enter download mode ( vol down home and power)
- successfully flash with odin a modem file

then it should reboot normally

Top Liked Posts