[Q] Bought a Seidio 1800mAh but no difference in performance.

Search This thread

Razultull

Jan 3, 2011
Hey guys so i bought an 1800mAh battery for my IS and i don't seem to be getting any extra juice really. My main concern is that the phone still thinks i am on theold one and indicating that i am on reserve power when i'm actually not. Is there some utility i can use that gives me accurate feedback as to how much juice is left in my battery or are my suspicions unfounded?

TIA

bebolf

Apr 5, 2011
If your IS is S-OFF then you should be able to use ClockworkMod Recovery to wipe battery status. And to calibrate new battery, you need to charge the new battery until full (there's some dispute on whether to leave it charging for 8 to 12 hours), and then use it until the phone tells you to charge (~1% left).

But NEVER drain your battery to 0%

Finally repeat that process for at least 4 times, new battery calibration done!

Splux

Nov 7, 2010
If your IS is S-OFF then you should be able to use ClockworkMod Recovery to wipe battery status. And to calibrate new battery, you need to charge the new battery until full (there's some dispute on whether to leave it charging for 8 to 12 hours), and then use it until the phone tells you to charge (~1% left).

Not 100% correct.

If you notice that your battery-left-show-thingy doesn't really match how much battery you really have left, you should use the phone untill it dies. When the phone dies because the battery is "empty" (in quotation marks since it isn't 100% empty if I can recall what I learned from my electronics course correctly..) it re-calibrates the battery stats and should be more accurate next boot.

But except for that fact you're right :)

If you want the battery to have as long lifetime as possible, keep between 30% and 70% all the time, and when you're not going to use the battery for a long time charge it to 40%!
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
Some good reading if you want to know more :)

(well, I know this is a bit off topic, but someone might find this info quite good to know ;))

Reactions: hussainmushahid

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
usually third party battery with "higher" rating usually sucks and don't really give the performance that they rated the battery with

jul644

Jul 22, 2009
London Ontario
www.lmgtfy.com
correct

usually third party battery with "higher" rating usually sucks and don't really give the performance that they rated the battery with

correct third party battery's usually have about 20% less of their "ratted" capacity some lesser known third party ones have like 40% less

Their is nothing like the real thing

but as others have said re-calibrate your battery

Voilenteraser

Jul 20, 2011
Windsor, Ontario
I heard you can use the 1800mAH desire z(I think)battery as it is the same size and type. I know nothing about it but will I need to do anything special or is it plug and go? What kind of performance difference can I expect?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

reggiep

Nov 12, 2007
Ummm...its only 50mAh more. How much extra battery life did u expect?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not 100% correct.

If you notice that your battery-left-show-thingy doesn't really match how much battery you really have left, you should use the phone untill it dies. When the phone dies because the battery is "empty" (in quotation marks since it isn't 100% empty if I can recall what I learned from my electronics course correctly..) it re-calibrates the battery stats and should be more accurate next boot.

But except for that fact you're right :)

If you want the battery to have as long lifetime as possible, keep between 30% and 70% all the time, and when you're not going to use the battery for a long time charge it to 40%!
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
    Some good reading if you want to know more :)

(well, I know this is a bit off topic, but someone might find this info quite good to know ;))