Format System - Phone Wont Connect

Search This thread

culturistic

Jul 2, 2013
Well I did something stupid, I was getting ready to give my phone to a friend and in my haste to make sure everything was deleted, I formatted /system in CWM recovery. I dont have any backups left on it either.

Now, I just need to flash a new rom, but I cant get my phone to connect to a computer in order to transfer the rom over.

It shows up immediately in Device Manager under Android USB Devices > My HTC, but it does not show up as a separate drive in My Computer.

Ive made sure the driver is up to date.

Anyone have any ideas?

UCFour

May 3, 2013
Well I did something stupid, I was getting ready to give my phone to a friend and in my haste to make sure everything was deleted, I formatted /system in CWM recovery. I dont have any backups left on it either.

Now, I just need to flash a new rom, but I cant get my phone to connect to a computer in order to transfer the rom over.

It shows up immediately in Device Manager under Android USB Devices > My HTC, but it does not show up as a separate drive in My Computer.

Anyone have any ideas?

you cant connect your device to computer in MTP mode because you are not having any rom
try adb sideloading rom or adb push rom in custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (i used TWRP) in order to upload rom to sdcard

For Adb sideloading rom

> Reboot into TWRP
> in TWRP click "advanced" and navigate to "Sideload"
> Swipe to start Sideload
> now type "adb sideload romzip.zip"

wait until 100% then reboot back to recovery to flash the rom

If Adb sideload doesnt work..try Adb push

> Reboot into TWRP
> type "adb push rom.zip"

it might take sometime may be less than 5min to sideload or push the rom..dont cancel the command prompt after typing the above commands

Last edited:
Reactions: culturistic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyone have any ideas?

you cant connect your device to computer in MTP mode because you are not having any rom
    try adb sideloading rom or adb push rom in custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (i used TWRP) in order to upload rom to sdcard

For Adb sideloading rom

> Reboot into TWRP
    > in TWRP click "advanced" and navigate to "Sideload"
    > Swipe to start Sideload
    > now type "adb sideload romzip.zip"

wait until 100% then reboot back to recovery to flash the rom

If Adb sideload doesnt work..try Adb push

> Reboot into TWRP
    > type "adb push rom.zip"

it might take sometime may be less than 5min to sideload or push the rom..dont cancel the command prompt after typing the above commands