Zenus Vintage Leather Wallet Case

Search This thread

CradleRob

Dec 26, 2011
I'm not usually one to spend a bunch of money on a case...but this one looked to awesome to pass up:

http://zenuscaseusa.com/

Sold on ebay for $59.99

Attachments

• 700_gnote_vintagegnoted_07.jpeg
    700_gnote_vintagegnoted_07.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,465
  • 700_gnote_vintagegnoted_05.jpeg
    700_gnote_vintagegnoted_05.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,322

mchao92

Dec 27, 2008
I also picked one up. I'm a little bit scared of the magnet messing up the screen, but hopefully the covers thickness helps a bit

deeken

Feb 10, 2009
As nice as this case is I'm a little skeptical about its practicality. For one the wallet/case appears to add a lot of extra bulk to the phone, kinda making it to big to put in your pocket.
Second, it is a case-wallet. Would you be using it as a wallet as well? If you are keep in mind that if you ever lost your phone you would be losing your money, credit cards, ID's, etc along with it. Basically you would be getting screwed in 2 ways if your phone happened to get lost or stolen.
Third, unless you have a Bluetooth headset it seems a little too cumbersome to have a call on. The flap seems like it will get in the way unless you fold it back.
Lastly, the price. $60 for a case is just a lot of dough. I'm not one to cheap out on a case but for this to work for me I would not only need the case but a full body kit such as Zagg, Bodyguardz, Phantomskinz, etc to go along with it.

Don't get me wrong its a beautiful and classy looking case, just not sure if its for me.

Reactions: sweetboy02125

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
I like these cases a lot. I think they may appeal to many people. I have always wanted a case that incorporates a wallet. However, my ideal case would be a big rugged Trident, Ballisitc or Otterbox that allows you to slide in a few credit cards.

CradleRob

Dec 26, 2011
As nice as this case is I'm a little skeptical about its practicality. For one the wallet/case appears to add a lot of extra bulk to the phone, kinda making it to big to put in your pocket.
Second, it is a case-wallet. Would you be using it as a wallet as well? If you are keep in mind that if you ever lost your phone you would be losing your money, credit cards, ID's, etc along with it. Basically you would be getting screwed in 2 ways if your phone happened to get lost or stolen.
Third, unless you have a Bluetooth headset it seems a little too cumbersome to have a call on. The flap seems like it will get in the way unless you fold it back.
Lastly, the price. $60 for a case is just a lot of dough. I'm not one to cheap out on a case but for this to work for me I would not only need the case but a full body kit such as Zagg, Bodyguardz, Phantomskinz, etc to go along with it.

Don't get me wrong its a beautiful and classy looking case, just not sure if its for me.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. That being said....

I currently use a Credit Card Case for my IPhone 4S and have carried my License, Credit Card, and Debit Card with my phone for the last 8 months. I absolutely love being able to not have to carry around a separate wallet. I haven't lost my phone as of yet, so no worries about losing my credit cards...but I understand how that might be a concern for some. It just simply cuts down on the number of things I have to scramble around the house to find before I can go out. My checklist currently is (Keys, Phone, and unfortunately...cigarettes). Now...would I prefer to have it in a non-flip case format (like what I'm using now)? Sure would. But until someone comes out with one for the Note, this will have to do.

On that note (no pun intended), case manufacturers need to pay attention here. I suppose when a phone is as insanely popular as the Iphone's are, it makes sense to make a wide variety of cases. Android phones don't seem to get the same kind of love. I would buy immediately a thin case that allowed me to slide a couple of cards on the back of the case..but alas...no credit card case android love.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunshines4u

Yuongn

Nov 9, 2011
Will this hold the i717 tightly? My flip cover for the N7000 does not fit on my i717.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium

Reactions: ghettopops

mchao92

Dec 27, 2008
I asked a seller on eBay about this and he assured me that it would fit. I get the case today, so I'll let you know once i test a phone

Reactions: Yuongn

CradleRob

Dec 26, 2011
No phone yet, but this case came in today!

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 1,125
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 962
Reactions: sunshines4u

rchapoteau

Jan 16, 2007
Edgewater
www.nerd-base.com
How well does money fit in there? I pre-ordered one from ebay as well, and I'm just waiting for it to come in.

I've been using an iPhone wallet for months now and love it. I can't go back to using a standard wallet. I already got my hands on the Anymode wallet case with a swivel stand, but I'm not happy with the little bulk the swivel button adds in the center.

Since I'm a noob I can't post a link yet, but its one of the two tone wallet cases on ebay that have the picture window for the a drivers license. I also find that the swivel piece moves a bit too freely.

CradleRob

Dec 26, 2011
How well does money fit in there? I pre-ordered one from ebay as well, and I'm just waiting for it to come in.

Money fits fine. Folded in half of course... But would expect to be able to fit at least ten bills. I don't use cash, but it's nice to have that little pocket to add receipts to and stuff.

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
My Advantage came with a case like this. Even though it offered great protection and the ability to stand the phone up, I found it to be too cumbersome so it never saw the light of day. I got a belt case instead.

vizographic

Feb 19, 2008
I can see why you bought it, impressive...kinda retro-classic...but still tasteful; not overdone. Right out of a Gibson novel. A unique case for a unique device.
Interested how this eye candy will translate into practical daily use. Feel free to update.
No worries on the magnet. The notes amoled should be okay with the magnet, just don't rest it on your laptop at home or worse get near a plasma tv!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. That being said....

I currently use a Credit Card Case for my IPhone 4S and have carried my License, Credit Card, and Debit Card with my phone for the last 8 months. I absolutely love being able to not have to carry around a separate wallet. I haven't lost my phone as of yet, so no worries about losing my credit cards...but I understand how that might be a concern for some. It just simply cuts down on the number of things I have to scramble around the house to find before I can go out. My checklist currently is (Keys, Phone, and unfortunately...cigarettes). Now...would I prefer to have it in a non-flip case format (like what I'm using now)? Sure would. But until someone comes out with one for the Note, this will have to do.

On that note (no pun intended), case manufacturers need to pay attention here. I suppose when a phone is as insanely popular as the Iphone's are, it makes sense to make a wide variety of cases. Android phones don't seem to get the same kind of love. I would buy immediately a thin case that allowed me to slide a couple of cards on the back of the case..but alas...no credit card case android love.
    Will this hold the i717 tightly? My flip cover for the N7000 does not fit on my i717.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium
    I asked a seller on eBay about this and he assured me that it would fit. I get the case today, so I'll let you know once i test a phone
    No phone yet, but this case came in today!