[ROM][PORTED] MIUI Buzz Beta 6 [DOWNLOADS FOR BETA 7 Live, Discontinued 4 Now] [WIP]

Do You Want Beats Audio or Sony Bravia Engine or Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

mengfei

Jan 20, 2010
Shenzen, China
finally! miui 2.3.x for the wildfire :)

my wife is complaining that the current OS is kinda hard for her to use, I really hope the stable version will be realized.

tnx tnx tnx

L

LastStandingDroid

do anyone got themes to work? i can download but they don't apply themself :/

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
You need to make a folder called themes in /data/system. Just to let you all know i have just come back from hospital and will be taking some time off for the rest of the week due to a TI attack.

After i recover i will return.

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Make a folder in /data/system called theme then apply a theme, make sure you don't apply a lockscreen though there hdpi (too big) and some things won't apply properly due to renaming issues between our miui and others.
Oh..... and reboot to see statusbar, framework changes or fc the launcher for home, icon changes.
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Last edited:

LucidSomnia

May 28, 2011
Paphos
i had the same problem with beta2 and first tried setting my mtds to 250 40 which i thought was 'reset' but still the problem persisted. so i reinstalled cwm 5.0.2.0 using a pc49img (link below) by (if you dont already know) putting zip containing img on root of sd card and booting into hboot, letting hboot read the image and asking if you want to install the image by pressing the volume up button or not by pressing the volume down button. press the volume up button and let it do its thing then reboot when prompted and your mtds will be reset and you'll have cwm 5.0.2.0

also when installing a new rom or nandroid back up you should reflash the 'bravo-boot-v1.5.3-CustomMTD.zip' used when setting mtds

http://db.tt/PjwFHEZc

hope this helps

Thanks, had a problem after installing the update, my phone got into bootloop and couldn't get into recovery, at the end i removed sdcard and made it.

Also i made it installing the rom and booted, but i have another issue, i cannot download apps from market due to error (-101). I will flash gapps over and state condition.

Edit: after flashing gapps, problem persists.

Edit: cleared market cache, problem solved.

Last edited:

djmark

Oct 7, 2008
hello guys
Have you noticed if the delivery report SMS and enabled by default?

L

LastStandingDroid

Make a folder in /data/system called theme then apply a theme, make sure you don't apply a lockscreen though there hdpi (too big) and some things won't apply properly due to renaming issues between our miui and others.
Oh..... and reboot to see statusbar, framework changes or fc the launcher for home, icon changes.

why isn't this folder there by default?? much easier if it was :p

djpry

Jun 17, 2011
Singapore,CQ
MADE FEW SPLASH SCREENS FOR MIUI...SO THOGHT OF SHARING....

FLASH IT IN PC49IMG METHOD

RENAME ALL THE ZIS AS "PC49IMG.zip

hope u like them :rolleyes:
miui_purple.png
miui_blue.jpg
orange.jpg

Attachments

• PC49IMG_ORANGE.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 2
  • PC49IMG_BLUE.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 12
  • PC49IMG_PURPLE.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 2

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Because we didn't know how to create it on boot, think I've found how they do it though I haven't tried it yet when I do I'll post it here.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
na that one didn't work at all i tried every way using the run_program command to do it and it didn't even make the folder all it did was bootloop the phone.

Try:

mount(yaffs2, MTD, userdata, data);
package_extract_dir(data, data);
delete(/data/system/theme/placeholder);
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0775, /data/system);
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0777, /data/system/theme);
unmount(data);

equiliym posted this on the MIUI GB for Galaxy Mini so thank him for this bit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** LINKS WILL BE BACK SOON ON BETA 7, Removing Gapps from the Rom. Which means you'll need to flash Gapps after"

Welcome to the MIUI GingerBread Topic.
    Here on Offer is Ginger Bread MIUI which has been ported from the Galaxy Mini.
    But First off i would like to thank the following Members and Teams.

With Thanks

Cm7 Team For CM7.2 RC the base of the rom.
    MIUI Team for the MIUI GingerBread Rom
    Bravovn (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1558649&highlight=miui) For allowing me to try and port his rom.
    [FONT=&quot]Siznex (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572381&highlight=miui) For allowing to port and use his rom as the porting base.[/FONT]
    Ahmadsafar Rom Status Bar Fix
    Slaid480 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585774&highlight=miui) for Tweakscripts
    Justice for Testing and Idea’s
    Nejc121 for Suggesting the Galaxy Miui rom to port.
    Kevin2516 For Miui Camera and Gallery

Sympnotic For the Lovely Kernel
    sizneks For New Beta Porting Rom
    P00t for his Nice Keyboards (To come in next beta 4)Zeppelinrox for his V6 Charger Script which can be found HERE
    VigiDroid for MIUI Graphics Tweaks for LDPI Also Translation fixes.
    Ajayahmed Webspace donation for mirroring.
    Myself for porting and the main download hosting.
    Scratch0805 For his helping out with the rom with scripts,addons,themes and general help.

Now as with any rom there will be issues please please report them to this forum topic. Try and stay on Topic.

People helping out with this rom DO NOT!!! i repeat DO NOT!!! want to here when is the next update out or any other type of ETA question. When its done its done.

Give the people above some thanks and respect and Enjoy the Rom.

Download Links and Screenshots to follow!!

Important Notice: From Beta 7 Upwards you'll need to flash Gapps, Also main downloads will now be placed on my own Webserver and mirrored on
    Ajayahmed server as well.

Please do not abuse these servers, this safes all the hassle of Fileshare websites and their slow download speeds.
    Important Notice:
    All links are hotlink and leech protected only XDA and goo.gl have the permissions to download from my server. If your using Tapatalk use the mirrors if your using a browser you can use both main and mirror.
    Thanks to topjor for pointing this out.

If you have your rom setup already and would like to keep your apps if you have used a SD-EXT script makes sure you perform a nandriod backup in CWM.

After Flashing the Rom restore only the /Data partition and SD-EXT Partition clear the caches and Reboot.

Also if you flashing this rom from new Please Make Sure you Flash Gapps straight after the rom else it will not boot at all it will boot loop without Gapps.

Direct Download Links :

MIUI GB Buzz Beta 7 (CWM) : DOWNLOAD

Mirror Downloads :-

MIUI GB Buzz Beta 7 (CWM) : DOWNLOAD (nejc121)
    MIUI GB Buzz Beta 7 (CWM) : DOWNLOAD

Gapps : DOWNLOAD

The Following Partitions will be formated on installing the rom.

Data
    System
    Cache

It is recommend that you perform a nand backup before using either the CWM Beta 3 upwards untill the final version is released.

Current Known Issues:

Some Apps might have the Black background and text issue, please let me know. (Should be fixed but still let me know)
    Google Locate Service FC's when Wifi is enabled for Location Detection. (still can not fix this!)
    Unable to Uninstall any apps in the /system/app directory due to permissions.
    Slight Delay in Call Screen show (Should Be Fixed now)
    Dailer need slight adjustment sizing wise.
    Screenshots are not always perfect ( No matter what i do i can't fix this so retake the screenshots till it does do it perfect.)
    Slight delay in screen response after app closes can cause a FC at times and can't be helped its mainly down to the GPS area.

Dailer Lag might happen for some people use the V6 Charger script to correct this.

Wifi Teathering not working USB does. Looking into this at the moment please use a 3rd party teathering program such as Open Garden Wifi Teather for now please.

ALL THEMES DOWNLOADED THROUGH THEMES ARE DESIGNED FOR HDPI ALTHOUGH THEY WILL WORK THE LOCK SCREEN WILL BE TOOO BIG TO UNLOCK THE DEVICE. PLEASE MAKE SURE WHEN DOWNLOADING AND SELECTING A THEME TO UNCHECK LOCK SCREEN. IF YOU DON'T DO NOT COME CRYING IN THIS FORUM THREAD. I WILL JUST IGNORE THE WHINE'S PURE AND SIMPLE!!!!!!

You have been warned!

If you would like to help out with this rom please give me a PM, any help would gladly be welcome.

Thanks to all that has downloaded the ROM...

I now need another Wildfire to continue this rom as my current one is going to be needed for important calls and so has to be fully working 24/7 having another Wildfire will help me develop further and faster. Hit the Donate to me button under the thanks meter.

Donations will then go towards the wildfire or if you have a spare you can donate that by contacting me by PM.
    Change Log for Beta 5.

Performance Increase and Stabilization
    Theme Fixed and working so no more making theme folder in /data/system/ using script made by scratch.
    V6 charger removed at least for now.
    Overal Miui Experince enhanced thanks to [FONT=&quot]Siznex and[/FONT] Bravovn
    Miui New Camera and Compass thanks to
    [FONT=&quot]Siznex and[/FONT] Bravovn
    Symp Kernel 4.1 Added.
    Google Maps etc removed new addon packages will be made for this rom to go into /data/app once i can get data mapped to SD-EXT correctly.

Beta 6 Changlog

MIUI Performance Base Completed optimised.
    Java.io errors now removed.
    Scripts re-added for tweaks etc
    MIUI Graphics Fix added

Some other things i forgot.

The base of the rom is completed and can not go any faster. Most Memory leaks have been fixed as well.
    Stock CPU Speed feels now like 768mhz clocked.
    Apps that require SDCard reading loads faster this includes the SMS app overall the performance is now better.
    Touch Activation working correctly with the proper Touch MIUI app so turning off touch will work proper if activated via lock screen.

Whats left to do. Remove the settings that no longer work, translate some apps and get a Theme section for LDPI done and made with themes from the community.

Sort Widgets out and resize them correctly and a few other apps.

Once the above is completed RC1 and then final will be made with addon packages.

Screen Shots Are Below (New ones to come later!)
    Thanks for the info looking into this atm. Use Symps 3.5 Kernel for now i have been in the red on battery for the past 3 days and its still going strong.

Also i like to make it Clear to all. I am getting some PM's about this that and the other and how you want the final release out fast.

And here is my reply so to save you from PM'ing me stupid questions.

I work on this rom in my spare time i am not i repeat not a robot i can't just simply continue working day in day out on the rom.
    I do have a live just like everyone else if you continue pestering i will simply give the community the one finger and stop the dev of the rom.

This might seem harsh to others that do not pester or are sending me messages about issue that i am grateful off but the stupid PM's can stop.

If you have a speed or battery issue flash symps 3.5 Kernel it works well, if your GPS is not working reflash the Radio.
    If your language is not fully supported please wait there is more important issues to fix. If members can not except that then hardlines. Its no wonder why Wildfire Devs are so little in number. So give us some respect please and stop pestering!

I am aware of the issues and i am working on them in the free time i have.
    Ok i have tried to disable 3G Data and this can not be done so sorry if you not on a data plan install the rom without your sim in till after you disable 3G.

V6 Script is in and working and no FC's at last. /data/system/theme has now been added on Rom install so theme fix now works.

The rom is now as fast as possible i can't make it any faster. So B4 Base is now made and should work a dream for most if not all users.

Black on Black issue should be fixed as well. If you have apps in sd-ext partition they will not be erase either.

So whats left to do. Well Themes for LDPI is needed icons need doing and a few apps need resizing and translating other then that Version 1.0 is not that far away.

I shell now upload B4 to the webserver.

Now as you are aware i am now shattered with all the working on this rom most of the day and late/early mornings. So if it is ok by everyone can one take a small break?