[ROM][01.12.2011][WWE]Jackos S3 WM6.5 21913 + Sense 2.5/2.1|TF3D2.1

Search This thread

dryice1049

May 27, 2008
Orlando
Jackos you are doing great work! Loving the new ROM messaging is slow but doesnt seem to be causing freezes of manilla, which I am experiencing at random. Other roms of this new build are doing the same thing iiniin diffrent ways. Hope your hybrid will take care of the issues. Nonetheless great work.

Scann69

Any chance you will be releasing the new version today? I'm thinking of flashing today cos memory usage seems bad on this HTC rom. It's already at 78% and i don't have any programs running at all :(

Also, in the SMS tab, if you have a conversation going and when you click on the sms, slide out the keyboard, the sms does not show the compose portion but rather it's shows the middle part of the conversation. So to start typing, i will normally have to use pull it down to the end where the compose space is. Are you able to fix that?

Hope you know what i mean :p

Jackos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Any chance you will be releasing the new version today? I'm thinking of flashing today cos memory usage seems bad on this HTC rom. It's already at 78% and i don't have any programs running at all :(

Also, in the SMS tab, if you have a conversation going and when you click on the sms, slide out the keyboard, the sms does not show the compose portion but rather it's shows the middle part of the conversation. So to start typing, i will normally have to use pull it down to the end where the compose space is. Are you able to fix that?

Hope you know what i mean :p
Today? Sorry, but no way. I have a big hangover and my rom needs to be tested a bit longer. So I won't release crap ^^

Edit: I forgot to mension that i have no idea how to fix that SMS tag issue with landscape. Looks like it's a bug in Sense and we can't do anything with that.

Last edited:

sbalko

Feb 6, 2008
download

When I click on the download on the first post it goes to a page that says it can't find the file. What am I doing wrong?

Scann69

Today? Sorry, but no way. I have a big hangover and my rom needs to be tested a bit longer. So I won't release crap ^^

Edit: I forgot to mension that i have no idea how to fix that SMS tag issue with landscape. Looks like it's a bug in Sense and we can't do anything with that.

Oh...no problem. Been using your S2 rom for a couple of hours. Smooth and stable :)

Thank you.

jgamlieli

Dec 28, 2009
Los Angeles
ATT Tilt2 users - can you answer some questions about this ROM

Hi, I want to use this ROM because I like the fact that is close to stock, without LEO (HD2) add on tabs . However, I would like to know if the following works:
1)SMS - does the ROM use the HTC SMS client, and NOT the WM SMS cleint? For example, when you go to all messages di you see the HTC interface, not the WM interface.
2)SMS- does the SMS sense tab update with the unread mesage counter bubble?
3)Speaker phone - some new ROMS have had an issue with the speaker phone not working properly at times. you can hear the callers but they cant hear you. does this ROM have this issue
4)Phone - If you are using the opera browser or an application like bing or google maps , when a call comes in, does the phone disply the caller id? I have seen some ROMS, where you can hear the ring, but the caller id (dialer) screen does not popup
5)Facebook integration - does this ROM display the caller id picture based on the callers facebook profile if you tagged them to use this picture in the people tab

Thanks in advance for answers to these

jgamlieli

Dec 28, 2009
Los Angeles
Registry fixes to solve the memory issue that Jackos is talking about

If you want to address the memry issue that Jackos is talking about you can do so by simply doing the follwing. I tried this sand it does work, when youi close programs, the memry foot print gopes down to about 65% as it should.

HKLM/Software/HTC/ResProxy/ShareMemSize to 0.

This changes alone worked with Windows 6.1 but not on 6.5.

On 6.5, you also have to delete "ResProxy" key from HKCU/Software/HTC/BootLauncher/Services

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Hi, I want to use this ROM because I like the fact that is close to stock, without LEO (HD2) add on tabs . However, I would like to know if the following works:
1)SMS - does the ROM use the HTC SMS client, and NOT the WM SMS cleint? For example, when you go to all messages di you see the HTC interface, not the WM interface.
2)SMS- does the SMS sense tab update with the unread mesage counter bubble?
3)Speaker phone - some new ROMS have had an issue with the speaker phone not working properly at times. you can hear the callers but they cant hear you. does this ROM have this issue
4)Phone - If you are using the opera browser or an application like bing or google maps , when a call comes in, does the phone disply the caller id? I have seen some ROMS, where you can hear the ring, but the caller id (dialer) screen does not popup
5)Facebook integration - does this ROM display the caller id picture based on the callers facebook profile if you tagged them to use this picture in the people tab

Thanks in advance for answers to these
1) Yes, it does use the SMS feature within Sense.
2) Yes, it does.
3) No idea, never happened to me. If the issue is in Europe S2 rom then it will be in my rom too.
4) Works fine.
5) Yes, it does.

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
If you want to address the memry issue that Jackos is talking about you can do so by simply doing the follwing. I tried this sand it does work, when youi close programs, the memry foot print gopes down to about 65% as it should.

HKLM/Software/HTC/ResProxy/ShareMemSize to 0.

This changes alone worked with Windows 6.1 but not on 6.5.

On 6.5, you also have to delete "ResProxy" key from HKCU/Software/HTC/BootLauncher/Services
I'll try it. Thanks mate!

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
I removed the ResProxy from the rom and now it's working even nicer. No memory leak at all 0.o

Now I need just a couple of days to test if everything is working fine without any ResProxy. I was sure that there are some dependencies, but obviously I where wrong!! A bit confused, but happy ^^

pemahy

Oct 11, 2008
1) Yes, it does use the SMS feature within Sense.
2) Yes, it does.
3) No idea, never happened to me. If the issue is in Europe S2 rom then it will be in my rom too.
4) Works fine.
5) Yes, it does.

Hi, I can confirm issue No. 3, it´s happing me too when speaker is turned on.

iamugly

Mar 15, 2009
youtube isnot working

youtube somehow isn't working. it basically says the program file that shortcut points to can not be found.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read the fifth post before flashing my ROM.

Download:
    Jackos ROM repository

GSM ONLY, DO NOT FLASH ON CDMA

All those roms have exact the same base, just some components are changed to fit anyone.

Goals for my ROMs: (ordered by importance, descending)
    1. Reliability
    2. Battery life
    3. No memory-leak (or at least trying to minimize this issue)
    4. Memory friendly, multitasking ability
    5. Stock speed

ROM versions explained:

JackFULL
    - CHT2.0.0

JackFULL legacy
    - CHT1.8.5

SkrobPRO
    - CHT1.7.1

ManilaRUSH
    - Sense 2.5 only (4 column quick links [CHT1.6.1])

ShowLITE
    - Sense 2.5 only

SmartMOVE (bonus release)
    - Sense 2.1 only (some mods to make it feel like Sense 2.5)

SleekBASIC (bonus release 2)
    - TF3D 2.1 only
    Hi Jackos. First of all thanks for nice clean ROM, seems to me works pretty well for my needs. Just one little strange problem. I can not find SIM Manager anywhere. Am using Vodafone in Ireland. Have you any idea why?

The SIM mangager is present in the system (as \Windows\SIM_MGR.exe), only a link is not placed in the Start Menu. A quick fix is:
    Copy a file \Windows\SIM_MGR.lnk into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs (or subfolder of Programs) and you will have it in Start Menu.

Or you can go to Windows Contacts (Start Menu -> Outlook -> Contacts) then Menu -> Sim Manager

hey guys dont forget to thank jackos,seem and other great people
    use the new thx button dont be afraid just remember that you have 5 thx per day (didnt read about that till i wasted mine lol) ;)

Seems like the "thanks" feature works only in new xda layout. I was about to write that it disapeared but I still work in the old style (I got used to it...).
    I finished compiling, compressing and uploading all my 1.6.0 roms.

No big changes for this releases, but a lot of work has been done to improve my kitchen. Also a new visual change is to be noticed together with a StartMenu grid changer developed by ultrashot and featuring my layouts. There aren't many of them, but I may release a cab file to insert more possibilities.

For EVO roms the WM6.5.x build has changed to 21690. This is just a cosmetic change - I'm a huge fan of ultrashots work and if he picked this build there must be a reason for that :D Nevermind, I didn't find any downsides of this build so lets keep it for a while ;)

Standard cleanup as always.

Have fun and enjoy my latest releases, feedback is always welcome (especially if there are any complaints :D)!
    Hello Jackos,
    do you think you can keep the promised timeline for releasing S3 this weekend?
    I'm very eager to try your new ROM!
    I don't want to strain you, I'm just a big fan and every time I try another cooker's work I always repent and come back running to this thread...

I don't know yet. Got 5 out of 6 roms finished.
    In regards to the question about Android not running. It is probably due to the overclocking. If you disable the OCT first, then Android should work. (I had the same problem)

Sent from my MSM using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Good to know, makes sense because Android does overclock the device too.

Thanks and have a nice day :)