## Codes (Programming Codes) Listing

Search This thread

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
ok just for an update... i have pulled what I need ... i will be abandoning this thread.. since its basically dead and unsupported...

IMA COMIN EPST

pbarrett

Sep 11, 2009
Plano, TX
I can't enter a code at all. The keypad displays but looks like it doesn't have the focus. Pressing keys on it enters nothing into the text box.

beastmods

Jun 15, 2010
Charleston, SC
www.beastmods.com
so i tried to get the two files you talked about and put them on cm6 and fresh 3.0beta2

the epst file you get from titanium says epst 2.1...it would not restore it on 2.2

so i tried to just take the folder from /data/data and put it on fresh 3.0

got bootloop as soon as i tried to unlock the phone from lock screen.

will donate to anyone that figures out a quick way to change prl

codyco83

Jul 11, 2010
Lake Charles, LA
I'm sure someone on here will figure out the dialer issue soon enough but I needed to change my PRL back to the verizon 0001.prl because I updated to the leaked froyo update while I was on sprints PRL. Problem is, i cant get speeds faster than 100kbps where I'm located on that PRL. So with some searching I found a fairly easy way to change PRL's without dialing ##775#.

This is the tutorial I used from droidforums.

i have no idea what an HTC Droid is but i have a Motorola Droid, and have used various HTC devices on many CDMA networks. to program the PRL manually, as *228 (*22801/*22802, etc) may not always work, you can use CDMA Workshop, QPST or the more difficult QXDM in Windows XP/Vista/7. in Linux it is more difficult to explain, and don't ask me about a Mac...

for the FREE QPST:

1. install HTC modem drivers for your O/Shere (courtesy PPCgeeks)
2. put the phone in DIAG mode, or turn on debug mode in Android Settings (under Applications)
3. navigate to Computer Management in Windows (Right click -> Manage on the My Computer icon, or Computer in Windows 7)
3. under COM ports take note of the port of the HTC device
4. start QPST and set the COM port accordingly
5. CONNECT to the phone
6. SEND the 6 digit MSL/SPC to the phone to unlock it
7. on the Roam/PRL pane upload a new PRL from file. you can get some PRLs for different carriers here
8. either click WRITE or try to exit the program and it should prompt you to save the items edited to flash

now when you dial a number the voice on the other end should be that of your chosen network. but you do need to activate the ESN with the chosen carrier, of course, to get service. you can *try* to *228 now, but it may not work :/

if you are referring to the non-HTC Motorola Droid, then you can use QPST in the same manner. you will need Motorola's drivers, found here (gotta register). put the phone in Debug/Diag/Modem/whatever mode (power it on by plugging in the USB data cable, while holding 'X' on the slide out keyboard). now you will need a Virtual Serial Port configured to IP 192.168.16.2, port 11008. this creates a COM port. there is a way to do it wirelessly as well; search the forum. to get a Hardware Virtual Serial Port, look here for free software on Windows XP. Windows 7 you need to find something else, i never found a free solution, only a trial

i hope it helps!

webs05

Apr 27, 2009
Quad Cities
Not sure how else to say it, I'm working on a fix. If everyone can be patient enough I should have it soon. Unfortunately as you are all finding out its not that easy, takes time. Let me know if someone figures things, but otherwise the fix is on the way.

webs05

Apr 27, 2009
Quad Cities
This has been a bit tougher than I thought. But I am getting close. I can execute the EPST system in both 2.1 and 2.2, but I'm having trouble getting everything to function in 2.2. It looks like Sprint removed some things.

Just need more time though, I am close.

vpoko

Aug 5, 2010
Unresponsive keyboard

I just joined up because I figured out the unresponsive keyboard issue when trying to enter a password (such as when selecting "edit" after trying ##3282#). When the keyboard for the password entry comes up, a small semi-transparent pop up comes up in the middle of the screen saying you can use your phone's back button to go back. That message needs to be dismissed (by clicking on the x), after that the keyboard will have focus.

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
I just joined up because I figured out the unresponsive keyboard issue when trying to enter a password (such as when selecting "edit" after trying ##3282#). When the keyboard for the password entry comes up, a small semi-transparent pop up comes up in the middle of the screen saying you can use your phone's back button to go back. That message needs to be dismissed (by clicking on the x), after that the keyboard will have focus.

I'm just saying...you should have killed yourself instead odf making an account... Wow, just when I thought I had met the worst noobs... Here's one teaching me how to close a hint box... NOOOOB! I wonder how long you sat there

vpoko

Aug 5, 2010
I'm just saying...you should have killed yourself instead odf making an account... Wow, just when I thought I had met the worst noobs... Here's one teaching me how to close a hint box... NOOOOB! I wonder how long you sat there
Wow, aren't you charming.

The problem with the hint box was that it was hard to see because it was between the keyboard and the password input box. Clearly several people here found it to be problematic, and I didn't see you helping, so I picked up the slack. Glad I could help you, Tilde88, if there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask.

webs05

Apr 27, 2009
Quad Cities

The problem with the hint box was that it was hard to see because it was between the keyboard and the password input box. Clearly several people here found it to be problematic, and I didn't see you helping, so I picked up the slack. Glad I could help you, Tilde88, if there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask.

Tilde, I think he was just trying to help, no need to flame. Both of you please keep to the topic at hand or take further discussions to PM. Thanks

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008

lol the only thing you helped is... well your vision? this does not fix any ## codes... for example mr.noob... can you do ##778# ? Cuz i can... and guess the **** what... im not posting the flashable .zip, cuz you might not be able to dismiss the hint window

vpoko

Aug 5, 2010
Don't worry, Tilde, I don't blame you for being a jerk. Chances are you're still in high school and get picked on for your intellect (which you obviously do possess to be doing this kind of work) and social ineptitude. I assure you, life will get better and you won't have the need to fly off the handle on internet messageboards for a measure of satisfaction. For the record, I was responding to post 48 in this thread, so by my count, I've helped at least one person, and it was all worth it.

To everyone else, I apologize for cluttering your board with this garbage, this was my final post on the topic.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Update4]
    The app my brother and I worked on is listed below. Feel free to use it and contribute back in the hopes we can have a great working app that can be used across different ROMs.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=998550

[Update3]
    It appears HTC and Sprint fixed this 2.2 ## code issue. The 2.2 fix listed here should no longer be needed unless the ROM you are using has an old 2.2 Sprint update. BEFORE APPLYING this update check and see if the ## codes work. This little test might prevent problems.

[Update2]
    The "fix" for 2.2 only works on rooted phones for now. I will update if a fix for non-root becomes available.

Thanks everyone for the fix! This is what worked for me. Download old EPST here (thanks to aporon for providing apk). Mount /system as r/w with root explorer and copy or move EPST to /system/app. Then install and reboot by clicking on EPST that you just moved to /system/app. Test with ##775# or some other code. It should work.

[Update]
    I plan on creating a fix for those with custom dialers and 2.2 that cannot dial these codes. I will update this post and/or create a new thread when this is complete.

[Original Content]

I want to start a thread to keep track of the ## codes/programming codes (whatever they are officially called). This way it can help devs and others know what code to use for what. Its basically a list showing codes with a simple description of each. The idea for this came from a winmo thread listed below...

If I have made a mistake or if I'm missing something (I know I am) please let me know, leave a comment, and lets have a community generated list with accurate information to benefit all.

All were tested on many different ROMs, but stock rooted 2.1 and DC 3.2.3 gave the same results as almost any 2.1 ROM. Most of these will not work on 2.2.

Tested/Working:
    ##775# - EPST/PRL - PRL Settings
    ##786# - EPST - Status Menu
    ##3282# - EPST - Data Programming Menu (User Name, Advanced, Restore, Enable HFA, DSA Server, MMSC URL)
    ##33284# - Debug - Debug Menu – (Debug Screen, Test Calls, RC Data, HDR/1X Selection, Voice Privacy, DTMF Set, Korea Mode Set)
    ##3424# - Diagnostic - Connect to phone in diag mode
    ##2539# - EPST/A-Key - Data A key menu
    ##7738# - EPST/P_Rev - Protocol Revision
    ##8626337# - EPST/Vocoder - Unsure
    ##4772579# - Reset the GPS
    ##72786# - changes DSA back to Factory
    ##889# - enables TTY
    ----- Was only able to get the following working on CM6 Rom -----
    *#*#4636#*#* - Phone Information - "Phone information, Battery information, Battery history, Useage statistics, Wifi information"

Confirmed not Working:
    ##UPST# - modem directory
    ##778# - EPST - Advanced Programming

Unverified:
    ##37872# - Full Speed USB Mode - Enable/Disable
    ##3386# - DDTM - Enable/Disable
    *#0*# - Test Utility - SAFE TO PLAY WITH
    *#0011# Service menu
    *#0228# Battery Status
    *#0283# Receiver Packet loopback
    *#0289# Melody Test again?
    *#0673# Melody Test SAFE TO PLAY WITH
    *#0782# RTCTimeRead displays time (and seconds)
    *#0842# Vibration test SAFE TO PLAY WITH
    *#147852# Allows you to access many screens including CDMA DATA Connections
    *#1472365# GPS Setup
    *#1575# Service menu
    *#197328640# Service menu
    *#2263# ??
    *#232331# Bluetooth RF Test Mode
    *#2454# Low Battery Power Off
    *#2580# Service menu
    *#2663# Touchscreen Accuracy Test SAFE TO PLAY WITH
    *#2664# Touchscreen Firmware Version
    *#2664# Main Firmware Update
    *#2767*2878# Service menu
    *#32489# Service menu
    *#3264# RAM Version
    *#3282*727336*# Current Data State
    *#369852# Allows you to access many screens including CDMA DATA Connections
    *#4238378# Service menu
    *#6984125*# Service menu
    *#7284# Service menu
    *#745# Sec_RIL_Dump allows you to copy to phone memory, clear ril log, (greyed out copy to SDcard and view RIL log), exit
    *#7450# Phone Dump Mode Disable
    *#7451# Phone Dump Mode Enable
    *#767*3855# Factory Format – CRAP!! WARNING!!!
    *#7780# Factory Reset
    *#9090# Service menu
    *#9900# SysDump copy logcat/dumpstate/dumpsys, enable debug log, copy watchdogdumpstatelog)

It looks like a few of them will go to the same menu, but is a shortcut to a specific area within the larger menu. The ones above I verified myself, but might have the names and descriptions wrong. The others I tried but didn't have any luck.

Shot out to Stevopativo for his running list he started here in a Touch Pro thread. I'm hoping this thread will build upon his list.
    Me!! Send me what you've got and I'll see what I can do when I've got some time.

Ok, well I need to send my brother a note cause he wrote the app. Let me make sure hes okay with me sending this out into the open. If so, I'll post it up with some other information that I have.

Hang tight.

webs05,

I love the prl hack for the evo and you helped out in the past.... can this be reversed with a verizon phone. i'm getting a htc thunderbolt to test it out!

Maybe, but these codes are specific to Sprint. Verizon does have some codes I think but I don't know what they are. That said, if you figure out their codes there is no reason we couldn't use the app I have to bypass the dialer and call them. Just realize these codes will likely not work.

Hope that helped...