How hot is too hot (gt-i9192)

Search This thread

vexorian

Feb 24, 2014
My gt-i9192 can get a bit hot. Reaching even 45 Celsius when I am outside using for example the maps app (needs gps, data and wifi (it claims it makes GPS more accurate and it seems to do)). or a game or browsing the web. Specially if the environment temperature is high (I consider 25º or so "high" for environment temperature). I am not sure if 45 is too much or if it is just okay fine. It does get uncomfortable and the temperature guard app defaults at 40º for the "too hot" warning.

How hot is too hot?

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
My gt-i9192 can get a bit hot. Reaching even 45 Celsius when I am outside using for example the maps app (needs gps, data and wifi (it claims it makes GPS more accurate and it seems to do)). or a game or browsing the web. Specially if the environment temperature is high (I consider 25º or so "high" for environment temperature). I am not sure if 45 is too much or if it is just okay fine. It does get uncomfortable and the temperature guard app defaults at 40º for the "too hot" warning.

How hot is too hot?

Keeping GPS on does get hot, particularly if you are using a navigation app. Depending on the games, some times it can be also demanding. But if you also get 45 degrees on browsing, than something is wrong.

You sure if the app is reporting the correct temperature? 45º should be warm to hold in hand (a feel-able temperature).

vexorian

Feb 24, 2014
Keeping GPS on does get hot, particularly if you are using a navigation app. Depending on the games, some times it can be also demanding. But if you also get 45 degrees on browsing, than something is wrong.

You sure if the app is reporting the correct temperature? 45º should be warm to hold in hand (a feel-able temperature).

Sure, I feel the hotness.

I used to get 45 degrees while browsing if the environment temperature is hot. It hasn't happened in a while, recently I moved to a custom kernel, so maybe that fixed it.

JoeCastellon

Sep 22, 2012
My i9190 has been getting really hot lately, and whenever it does the battery drains crazy fast (about 35%/hr). Strange thing is, the task manager shows no apps consuming CPU nor RAM.

HansBlenkers

Mar 10, 2014
Fort Collins
I had a similar problem with my old S2 that started after I had had it for about 9 months. At the start of a day battery consumption wasn't bad, but if I used it for an extended period of time it would heat up, and battery consumption seemed to rise linearly with the amount of heat the phone was emitting. There were incidents where it drained to half from full in a matter of less than an hour.

groda

Mar 11, 2014
Włocławek
I welcome. I have i9192 and at me temperature at the game on facebook also achieved 45 "C and I returned it to the shop. At other users of this phone what temperature is while looking the Internet through??Can the shop he will accept the warranty??

Last edited:

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Ah, I did forget one thing, since I didn't stay on original ROM for long. For those that are on original Samsung ROM, I guess it normal, since the default CPU governor is set on 'performance' mode. Your CPU is running on the highest speed all the time, and most original ROM does not enter deep sleep.

JoeCastellon: If you are on the original ROM, it would be your problem of battery drain. Using a custom Kernel or ROM like vexorian would solve your problem.

groda: Same, if you are on original ROM, running any app even if it not games, it would raise the temperature at a very rapid rate.

Reactions: groda

groda

Mar 11, 2014
Włocławek
I thank for the reply. When install root and to lower the clocking of the processor? by the way, the new ROM will lower the temperature?

Last edited:

vexorian

Feb 24, 2014
My latest "[doh this got too hot]" experience was on Sunday, I was using c0bain's kernel which AFAIK has the "on demand" governor.

I am now trying SilviuMik's ROM, will test during a week and see if the hotness happens again.

groda

Mar 11, 2014
Włocławek
For me a battery is overheating. I want install root and new kernel. I have a question. Which kernel will lower the temperature for me? As install new kernel could update whether I will be through wi fi??

Last edited:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
The kernel itself will not magically lower the temperature. You will need to manually undervolt the cores to achieve that, which requires a custom kernel which supports undervolting.

Changing your kernel will prevent OTA updates, if that's what you're referring to with the update through WiFi

groda

Mar 11, 2014
Włocławek
My cores are working now on the maximum. install the root can I lower the clocking of the processor this way?
It which kernel will be good for my i9192? What thread is it possible to find him in?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ah, I did forget one thing, since I didn't stay on original ROM for long. For those that are on original Samsung ROM, I guess it normal, since the default CPU governor is set on 'performance' mode. Your CPU is running on the highest speed all the time, and most original ROM does not enter deep sleep.

JoeCastellon: If you are on the original ROM, it would be your problem of battery drain. Using a custom Kernel or ROM like vexorian would solve your problem.

groda: Same, if you are on original ROM, running any app even if it not games, it would raise the temperature at a very rapid rate.
    Yes with kernel and appropriate app you can adjust clock settings.

Not sure if 9192 has a custom kernel that supports this. Check the development subforums

Okay found one.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2431953