How to extend the length of your dock charging power cord.
When I got my Asus TF700T I got one power plug and 2 USB to tablet/dock plugs. The first thing I was VERY disappointed about is how short the USB cord was. When in my bed I could not plug it in I had to use it off battery only due to the shortness of the USB cable.
I went out and bought a USB male to USB female cord to use as an extension cord and low and behold it would not charge both the dock and the tablet when plugged into the Asus supplied AC adapter. I am assuming the extra length might have knocked down the power from the AC adapter just enough to not charge both devices.
What you need -
1) Original USB to Tablet Asus TF700T cord
2) Any length Male to female extension cable. I bought a 7 foot.
3) A 110-220 to 12 volt 2 amp power jack(car jack) converter. This is the one I bought any should work with the same specs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130962356608...84.m1497.l2649
This is a very easy "hardware hack" to do.
1) Pull off the 12 volt car jack at the end of the converter it will leave you with a + and a - cable coming from the power brick.
2) Simply strip off the male side of the USB extension cable disregard the 2 data cables and just use the + and - power cables. Solder/clamp/or connect and cover each connection with electrical tape.
3) Plug the USB cable into the female end of the extension cable that is connected now to the converter.
3) Plug in your dock and tablet and watch both charge at a decent rate. This gave me enough cable length to plug it in behind my bed and be able to have it plugged in and on my lap.
Also doing it this way allows you to not have to hack up your devices USB cable and you can still take it out of the female end for any syncing or traveling purposes.
Hopefully this helps someone else who has issues with how short the charge cable is for this tablet.