[Q] possible to flash stock rom from diffrent carriers

Search This thread

mootmetal

Apr 9, 2011
casa
I have a trend plus stock and i found newer updates but not yet for my country so if i flash a stock rom of another country or an other carrier in my country that will lock my phone? or may brick it in anyway? Will i loose my emei ?

I have a trend plus stock and i found newer updates but not yet for my country so if i flash a stock rom of another country or an other carrier in my country that will lock my phone? or may brick it in anyway? Will i loose my emei ?

There is a possiblility of brick if you use different carrier firmware.

One of my friend had Verizon S3 and he flashed Indian S3 Firmware and resulted in hard bricked device.
He could not go to recovery mode and download mode, USB Jig failed. Even JTAG Device could not repair.

Only Samsung Service Center could repair it (and he had to pay them).

But IMEI was not lost. (I think because IMEI is stored in /efs and it is not harmed in ROM business)

Reactions: mootmetal

mootmetal

Apr 9, 2011
casa

One of my friend had Verizon S3 and he flashed Indian S3 Firmware and resulted in hard bricked device.
He could not go to recovery mode and download mode, USB Jig failed. Even JTAG Device could not repair.

But IMEI was not lost. (I think because IMEI is stored in /efs and it is not harmed in ROM business)

Thanks man for the answer ... what about flashing diffrent carrier firmware from the same country i thinks this wont brick the phone but it may lock the phone ..right?

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
It might work but its risky and you would end up with all the bloatware from another carrier boot screen etc. It shouldn't have any affect on the sim lock as this is in another part of the phone.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

mootmetal

Apr 9, 2011
casa
It might work but its risky and you would end up with all the bloatware from another carrier boot screen etc. It shouldn't have any affect on the sim lock as this is in another part of the phone.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

yeah sad but true ... i wonder why there's no universal stock rom ..all roms i found are for this or that carrier ... is there any way i can find the systeme folder because i deleted some systeme apps and than the phone become a liitle bit crazy ...now if i insert an sd card the become slow and hang on after some minutes, a thing that wasnt befor ... and even after a factory reset from the phone or from cwm there's some aps missing like stock file browser or alarm app ...

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Unless you want to try the other ROMs you could find someone with the same phone and get them to download apk extractor. They can then extract the apk from whichever system apps are damaged/missing and send them to you

mootmetal

Apr 9, 2011
casa
Unless you want to try the other ROMs you could find someone with the same phone and get them to download apk extractor. They can then extract the apk from whichever system apps are damaged/missing and send them to you

well i tried to copy the missing aps from another rooted phone (the same phone and firmware) and ended with apps intstalator FC after rebooting and now i cant use the phone will try to flash a nandroid backup i made on the other phone

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Odd any luck with backups?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.