3250 mAh battery review (stock battery size)

Search This thread

LemonPowerForce

Feb 3, 2012
Liverpool, UK
I've ordered one. Will do more rigorous testing when it arrives if no one else has done them first. but the existing pictures are enough to convince me.

Nice find. As with everyone else here, I would have expected these to be knock-offs, performing at less than stock.

Thanks again for the hours of testing. =)

stevencyc

Apr 8, 2009
Toronto
I find these results hard to believe too. At $12.69 USD, it won't be too painful to give it a try. I purchased from the seller below. Looks to be the same but the seller has a different name.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160773578553#ht_4720wt_786

As the thread creator mentioned, I'm not expecting 3250 mah performance, just better then stock.

It doesn't ship to Canada :rolleyes:

Any other seller that ships to Canada?

Try the search in ebay but to no avail.

PoisonWolf

Feb 8, 2009
Good luck. I hope for your sake that the battery does not melt a month in and rip right through your phone.

mustang2012

Jan 10, 2012
Good luck. I hope for your sake that the battery does not melt a month in and rip right through your phone.

I totally agree with you on that !! I never buy cheap after market battery which is made in china as I've read lot of incidents of battery got burnt/explode...
I would not risk it... I rather carry extra original battery supplied by samsung:)

numbnutsuk

Mar 30, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I totally agree with you on that !! I never buy cheap after market battery which is made in china as I've read lot of incidents of battery got burnt/explode...
I would not risk it... I rather carry extra original battery supplied by samsung:)

I totally agree with you both and it's a valid point. I don't recommend anyone buying this brand and never have done!

Sent from a noob on a new note

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
So after quite a bit of searching I have come to the conclusion that not all "gold" batteries are created equal. Every time I found mention of the other gold battery, the impressions were always very poor. However, every time I found mention of ones from the same manufacturer as the one originally posted here, the initial reaction was that it is amazing...then the mood in the thread would dampen as many other "gold" battery users and non-experienced nay-sayers would bash the heck out of it until the thread died. This thread so far is the most insightful as regards this particular battery manufacturer, and I hope the tests continue to prove one way or the other.

As far as mobile batteries in general, performance seems to be relative with OEM almost always being the best all around with long-term endurance. (Some nice tests here)

In my searches, anker seemed to get the most satisfactory user response, so it is probably a safe bet as an alternative with good lifespan. Hopefully Seidio will produce batteries for our note as well as they were also well regarded.

I could only find one instance of a person stating that they had an aftermarket battery melt down in their device while charging, and even then they said that it did not harm their device. I have recently helped a friend flash a kernel and rom to his EVO4G to increase his battery life, the combination included tweaks to the charging profile...my point is that if/when catastrophic failure happens, it might not necessarily be the battery's fault.

Reactions: Kimodroid

stevencyc

Apr 8, 2009
Toronto
... and manufactures spread the myths about none oem battery exploding/melting so they not losing profit to others.
We should call "Myths Busters" to investigate :D

Reactions: mokokawi

jmpmjmpm

Sep 28, 2007
Bridgend
Always gives me a chuckle when the imbacils roll in on these battery threads. The gold battery for the sensation was tested to last longer than stock. It looks like these batteries may be li-po explaining their larger capacities for same physical size. They are likely to be "seconds" probably not reaching their design capacity so are "binned". But if they last longer than stock, who cares.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
Hi. Can you post the link from ebay just to be sure that I will order the same one?

Just be sure it shows the same insignia as the one from the OP:

attachment.php

The other gold battery is usually claimed to be made in japan (despite it saying china under the label typically) and has something similar to this on it:

Capture.PNG

h11g

May 13, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Does this battery takes long to charge up from 0 to 100%? Or same time as stock?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

numbnutsuk

Mar 30, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Charging.

Battery charges fast from 0 till 40. It slows then to 60 then it does seem to hang around 60% ish for a while before it's speeds up to the 90s. Charging has taken about 4 hours on average over the3 cycles I have done.

numbnutsuk

Mar 30, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi everyone, 3rd cycle results in!

You will notice about half way through the test the battery peak and trough. this is due to me being asked to post photos if the weights of the 2 batteries (1 page back). I had to remove the extended battery and replace it with the stock so I could take the photo and weigh the extended battery. There was no problem with the battery or phone and no malfunction or freeze or re boot ok . Everything is working A1. (so far)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333477826599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333477826599.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 785
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333477838508.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333477838508.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,321
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333477850797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333477850797.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333477860233.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333477860233.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,247

numbnutsuk

Mar 30, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Could you post please where have you bought it?

My local independent phone/repair shop. I was chatting to him when I bought my note phone case about battery life in a phone with a screen so big. He believed he'd seen an extended battery of standard size that was for the note. Although he wasn't sure he said they were about a tenner. I left him some money and my address and he said he'd get one sent to me.

About 3 weeks later a small plain UN branded packet arrived with the customs sticker from China with nothing but a battery not even any protective cover.

So would expect as long as battery has the same "" type logo and it's 3250mAh and from China I would expect it to be the same??

Sent I from a noob on a new note

Last edited:
Reactions: ssss69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's getting late......after a long day waiting for this 3250 mAh battery to go flat, here is my review for what it is worth.

I have been searching for a month to find a battery that had the capability to last me all day. Not a bulky one! One that would fit within the original case. Not make my phone look pregnant.

I wanted a battery that i could Take off charge at 8am being able to last me all day, with LIGHT to MEDIUM usage (not heavy use!), right up until I went to bed at 10 and put it back on charge.

Is this the one??? (battery photos below)

I sourced this one. It just about fits the phone. I had to peel the battery label off at all 4 corners to get it in. It's fits in fine with standard Samsung back on. No bulge. I put in straight into my phone and charged it up to 100% then took it off charge and restarted the phone.

I'm not expecting amazing results on this first drain as I am more than aware it will take 3 to 4 cycles to gain it's full effectiveness. I am however expecting it to beat my standard battery display time on this first drain as it holda 34% more charge and then improve again after 3 more days use!

My stock Samsung battery lasts normally 4 hours display time with light to medium use. I have google location turned off, brighteness to auto and i am running gingerbread LA6. Full Samsung stock fresh out of the box. No root. No mods at all. And I have all the Samsung crap turned on and registered. I have google email with 2 accounts running. I play the odd game, and text and email like crazy. I used Ebay app heavily and also surf the Web lots. There are widgets on all 7 screens running and I always have a heavy usage live wallpaper running.

Phone finally starting to go flat... I will take screen shots of battery use and upload them. With my finally thoughts and finally 1st battery use screen shots as soon as it goes flat.

And obviously I'll look forward to your valued thoughts and views and make use of your experience as I'm new to this.......hopefully won't be too long!

Bye 4 now

1st day results in.

2nd day results in..

Photos of battery weights...

3Rd day results...

3250 video running test result

finally finished testing the batteries:
    conditions: plane mode, dark room (night), non-stop video on MX Player, brightness 0, volume 0
    batteries:
    1. stock 250mAh (weight 50g), after 2 months of heavy use
    2. gold 3250mAh from lovetomorrow (weight 50g), after 1 charging cycle
    running times:
    1. stock 2500mAh: 7:40:39 on battery
    2. gold 3250mAh: 7:50:50 on battery -> 2% longer than the stock one, well within error margin

screenshots attached

PS. rerun of test in post 416
    So you have one of these batteries have you? you've tested it have you? Your the one who's fake. Making unfounded statements you drongo

Really? I was explaining what the other guy meant by fake. Its no Mystery cheapo batteries are sold with "fake " ratings its a scam no need to get defensive due to your ignorance! I made no personal pokes at you and to respond like that proves your less than intelligent. My battery results with stock battery are better than yours so i dont need to own one to know its junk...

Enjoy spazzo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Fair testing

Hey,

I see a lot discussion in here about these "Gold" 3250mAh. So, guess what, I did the testing. A reallife, straight forward one. I have no reason to lie ^^

My test is simple: put everything to heavy usage e.g. full brightness, GPS, WIFI, Sync on, SetCPU to performance 1.4Ghz etc. The goal: suck the battery as quick as possible. Then I charged to 100% and run Riptide GP 3D game on a loop run and leave the screen to always on.

Straight forward results with the battery I have:
    Gold 3250 mAh = ~3h10
    Samsun2500 mAh = ~3h10
    Anker 2600 mAh = ~3h10
    CS 5000m mAh (thick one) = ~6h30

There you have it. Hope it helps ^^

So, conclusion: what can you expect from a battery that weight the same, size the same and have the same technology as the Samsung one? well, the same capacity... You can dream of increased battery life in same weight and form factor, only if you have a better technology...

PS: so, with this Gold battery, if you feel you have more capacity on normal usage, then either it is a placebo effect, or you had a lighter usage than usual by coincidence...

Cheers,
    Denis
    I measured battery capacities using specialized device, which discharges the battery with the constant current. Knowing the current, time to discharge and monitoring battery voltage gives you real battery capacity. Battery with the claimed 3250 mAh capacity discharges quicker than the battery with 3000 mAh capacity, from a fully charged state at 4.2 V to 3.4V. In an attempt to get better sales some companies simply lie to their customers...