[Completed] Please Help Me (I am severe problem with my Android Tablet PC video recording)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aryan0088

Jun 20, 2014
Hello,

Awesome XDA developers. I am seriously in need for some helping hands for my Tablet PC. I have got a China Octa Core 7 inch tablet pc with WUXGA display, MT6592 Octa Core processor, 2GB RAM, 16 GB ROM, Android 4.2.2 OS , 13.3 MP REAR CAMERA, 5.3 MP front camera etc.

So far the tablet is so good with Android 4.2.2 OS. The china company recently gave me an updated ROM for the tablet PC. The update includes Android 4.4.2 OS. I installed the firmware with SP Flash tool 5.5. After installing the OS, I was very happy to enjoy KiTkaT. Every thing were perfect.

Except one strange problem I am facing with Android 4.4.2 KiTkaT upgrade. I can take photos in 13.3 MP high resolution with the rear camera. But when I record videos with "Fine" recording mode or any other modes (low, medium high or fine), the video gets recorded in 640x480 low resolution only. I tried every camera settings did not work. I also check the "build.prop" settings & "camerasize.xml" settings. But nothing worked. For both the front (5.3 MP) and rear camera (13.3 MP) records videos in 640x480 low resolution where as the same camera take photos in 5.5 MP (Front Cam) & 13.3 MP (Rear Cam) resolutions.

But for Android 4.2.2 OS, both the cameras could record videos with 1920x1088 resolution when you choose "Fine" as the video recording mode. I am a beginner level developer. I can not get anything to fix the problems. I reported this to the tab company, they said the firmware company can not fix the problems now. And asked me to use the Android 4.2.2 OS. I have also googled for possible helps with this firmware problems. I found that modifying libcameraservices.so & media_profiles.xml may fix the problems. I found the file "libcameraservices.so" and copied to my PC, opened it with a HEX Editor but am not that expert to correct it. Please help me.

Can the XDA forum experts help me with this miserable problems. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Please help. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Thanks & Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Those are libraries that are included in the firmware. Those can't be edited with a Hex editor. Not effectively anyway. What I'd suggest instead is to see if you can install Google Camera App.

But if that too does not work, then for you, the only other thing might be going back to 4.2 short of rebuilding the firmware with right libraries.

Reactions: aryan0088

aryan0088

Jun 20, 2014
Tried Google Camera But Failed :(

Those are libraries that are included in the firmware. Those can't be edited with a Hex editor. Not effectively anyway. What I'd suggest instead is to see if you can install Google Camera App.

But if that too does not work, then for you, the only other thing might be going back to 4.2 short of rebuilding the firmware with right libraries.

Thanks for your quickest reply to ma text. :D

I installed google camera. After getting it installed from the play store. It closes with an error when I try to access the camera settings. I also tried to do a trick by copying the "libcameraservices.so" from the Android 4.2.2 firmware & then copying it over the "libcameraservices.so" Android 4.4.2 firmware. Then I rebooted the phone, but it got stuck in the boot logo never rebooted. :(

Is there any possibility to correct the parameters of libcameraservices.so (Android 4.4.2 firmware) to fix the error..?? I am not that expert in building a custom ROM yet. Can you please help me out..?? :(

aryan0088

Jun 20, 2014
Here is the libcamerservices.so for bot Android 4.4.2 & 4.2.2

Hi,

I am upload the "libcameraservices.so" file that I copied from the both the fimware system files. Is there any expert who can check the difference between these two..?? And correct the parameters so that it is possible to record video in 1920x1088 resolution for Android 4.4.2 OS as well.

Thanks & Regards

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I apologize, please see the mission of Assist as mentioned by 2 Stickies on this forum.

The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem. Perhaps you can't find posts on how to root your phone, install custom recovery or maybe you have questions about how to navigate and use features on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.