Search This thread

amazing 3D

Mar 18, 2013
I missed this app so bad, but now seeing it getting a new life made my day

Sent from my LG-P920

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Just to clarify some concerns here. I only opened this thread based on information and links from someone other than the OP, the intent was to continue a good faith effort for further development for this.

Still waiting for reply - So be prepared for any eventual outcome.

Last edited:

kalel29

Dec 2, 2010
well i was using 1.7.0 since its release date,and it was always working fine,now its time to update to 1.7.1.

Thanks again FatMinMin:good:

Bluehacks

Jan 1, 2013
Mumbai
Now thts wht i call... BIG NEWZ!!

Dev u r supercool..BiG ThanKs

Sent from my Micromax A117 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

novnew

Apr 24, 2013
Impossible to reinstall an application

Hello

I have trying your software with an application.
After some time, this application does not serve me, so I uninstall it
A new version of this application is out, but now it is impossible for me to reinstall this application (the old version and/or the new).
How can I get it?
Is there anything to remove to prevent this blockage?

gordonpn

Apr 19, 2013
Montreal, QC
Hello

I have trying your software with an application.
After some time, this application does not serve me, so I uninstall it
A new version of this application is out, but now it is impossible for me to reinstall this application (the old version and/or the new).
How can I get it?
Is there anything to remove to prevent this blockage?

Why is it impossible? Are you installing from Xposed?

NEERO

Apr 21, 2013
A very usefull module indeed,great that you are back in action.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

SupremeOverlord

Oct 30, 2013
Chicago
I'm glad to see this module back in action. I never uninstalled the last version. Hopefully the OP will comment and let us know what is happening. I'll hold off updating until then.

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
And for the third point.. Now why would you want to allow ads in some apps

If they're not intrusive, to support the developers. It's up to you, if you don't want it, don't use it.

I have a question and I honestly mean no disrespect but what does "support the developers" mean? Click on ads? I ask because my understanding is that ad revenue is based on click-through and install rates from ads. I'm curious because I for one have Never intentionally clicked on an ad and find it very difficult to believe that anyone that is rooted and has Xposed installed is actually going to be someone who clicks through ads from inside an app! All of us that use adblockers of whatever type are the ones who will rarely "if ever" click through an ad, why would that change just because we now see ads in apps? Is anyone using this module that wasn't already using a hosts file or adblocker for their browser? I already did. Besides, most people, like myself, will buy premium/donate versions of apps anyway. Pretty much every app I have is a paid version if one is available, the only two apps I have that I see ads in without this module installed are GasBuddy and Wifi Analyzer. I honestly believe that the vast majority of us will not ever be ad revenue producers, regardless if this module is available or not! The Very Few who have managed to install a ton of apps with ads do need to suck it up and quite being cheap bastards, buy the donate version if one is available, "support the developers!" But... like I said, the majority of us will never generate ad revenue and still support the developers! All the drama regarding stopping the development of this module was pointless. As much as it is not worth, just my two cents! ;)
For the two apps I see ads in this module works great! Appreciate the update!

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
I have a question and I honestly mean no disrespect but what does "support the developers" mean? Click on ads? I ask because my understanding is that ad revenue is based on click-through and install rates from ads. I'm curious because I for one have Never intentionally clicked on an ad and find it very difficult to believe that anyone that is rooted and has Xposed installed is actually going to be someone who clicks through ads from inside an app! All of us that use adblockers of whatever type are the ones who will rarely "if ever" click through an ad, why would that change just because we now see ads in apps? Is anyone using this module that wasn't already using a hosts file or adblocker for their browser? I already did. Besides, most people, like myself, will buy premium/donate versions of apps anyway. Pretty much every app I have is a paid version if one is available, the only two apps I have that I see ads in without this module installed are GasBuddy and Wifi Analyzer. I honestly believe that the vast majority of us will not ever be ad revenue producers, regardless if this module is available or not! The Very Few who have managed to install a ton of apps with ads do need to suck it up and quite being cheap bastards, buy the donate version if one is available, "support the developers!" But... like I said, the majority of us will never generate ad revenue and still support the developers! All the drama regarding stopping the development of this module was pointless. As much as it is not worth, just my two cents! ;)

+1 very well said and true to the point!

Sent from my GT-I9195 CarbonKat 4.4.2

huladaddy

Jul 10, 2012
Has anyone confirmed whether this update is legit? Who is the dev behind the update. I don't believe we know the identity yet. Until then, I'm not going to update.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
I thought they got a little revenue from the ad being displayed too? Maybe I'm misinformed?

The dev doesn't get paid unless there's a click in any of the major ad networks. Considering it's a phone with limited real estate the major source of clicks has got to be user error. While this module was in hiatus I had to use Lucky for a few apps to return them to usable status, a tedious manual process. Glad to see Min's back!

Reactions: gordonpn

1300l

Jul 10, 2013
The reason why I remove MinMinGuard from Github is since I think MinMinGuard is kind of piracy. But now, I figured that MinMinGuard is not my own work. It also include other people's contribution in both code(maybe it's just a little part. but I am very thankful to that help) and translation. So I will make it available on Github again. Everyone can freely build it and remake it. Thanks to all the people here!

ps: Why I think MinMinGuard is piracy is because for some apps like 1weather and accuweather, the difference between pro version and non-pro version is only the ads. That's the main reason make me feel like I was doing piracy.
I find quite honorable you feel the worrie if your module is privacy or is not.
For me it is only a tool, any tool can be used for the good or bad.
If some Apps the only diference in pay or free is to have or not ads then the USER should know to dont block those ads...or pay for those.

How ever some apps just over-do with ads where you can even use it without have a popup add in full screen on every click inside the app (yes this exist). this i find terrible and i refuse to keep seeing the add if the dev want to make a quick buck but every 10 secs put a full screen ad on my phone.

You create a great tool for filter, who over and who doesent over do.

Also this kind of show the odity that Linux is. The plataform is free, was born to be supported by the comunity for free...but people want to make money now and to "keep free" they use ads (and most over use).

Good to see its back, we user will use your amazing tool with maturity to only enable on intrusive ones ;)

ivoe

I find quite honorable you feel the worrie if your module is privacy or is not.
For me it is only a tool, any tool can be used for the good or bad.
If some Apps the only diference in pay or free is to have or not ads then the USER should know to dont block those ads...or pay for those.

How ever some apps just over-do with ads where you can even use it without have a popup add in full screen on every click inside the app (yes this exist). this i find terrible and i refuse to keep seeing the add if the dev want to make a quick buck but every 10 secs put a full screen ad on my phone.

You create a great tool for filter, who over and who doesent over do.

Also this kind of show the odity that Linux is. The plataform is free, was born to be supported by the comunity for free...but people want to make money now and to "keep free" they use ads (and most over use).

Good to see its back, we user will use your amazing tool with maturity to only enable on intrusive ones ;)

On subject they should make it where you only get x amount of ads to "pay" for the app so if you have an app that cost 3bucks for pro you should only get that many ads till its payed off.

Atleast in my own opinion.

Then do like what hayday does you can get gems or special money after an ad

Anyways glad to see you back an this amazing app is back as well c: thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 running Multiboot - internal Resurrection Remix and Quantum Kernel

Reactions: tenxo

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I can't give you a complete answer because I don't have it - you can search yourself for that, I'm sure there is more detailed information around the Internet. In short, though, and this might depend on the ad provider, you usually get paid a small amount just for displaying ads.
Now of course, the decision is up to you and this isn't a discussion about monetization and revenue… so you can do whatever you want. ;)

Has anyone confirmed whether this update is legit? Who is the dev behind the update. I don't believe we know the identity yet. Until then, I'm not going to update.
I can't say for certain, but it's working great for me and looks consistent with previous versions.
Just check the GitHub commits. The latest commits are all by the original author.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    • USE MINMINGUARD AT YOUR OWN RISK
    • MinMinGuard is for experimental purposes only, and comes with no warranty or guarantee.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard are responsible for their own actions.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard agree not to use for illegal actions.
    • This disclaimer is subject to change without notice at any time for any reason.

Featured on the XDA portal: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/selectively-block-ads-on-certain-apps-with-xposed-module/
    Featured on the Pocketable: http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/minminguard-xposed-framework-module-patches-ad-holes.html
    Featured on XDA TV:

qhmJx2w.png

Introduction:
    Hi everyone,

Here I am going to share with you my newly developed Xposed module, MinMinGuard. It can completely remove both the ads inside apps and the empty space caused by those ads. Conventional ads removing apps are only able to block the ad content, but the space taken by the ad will still remain unused (black). MinMinGuard successfully removes that black space, which extends the app window and makes your user-experience better.

You can find more information here.

Chat Room:
    You are welcome to join the MinMinGuard Gitter Room for live discussion and supports.

Source Code:
    https://github.com/chiehmin/MinMinGuard
    Under GPL v3.0 license

Download link:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/tw.fatminmin.xposed.minminguard

FAQ:
    Q: Why there is still ads in a few apps?
    A: Some apps use differnt Ad Networks' SDK (Mostly some local ads providers ex: Vpon in Taiwan) that is not currently supported by MinMinGuard. If you encounter this situation, you can open a new issue on Github to let me know and I will try to fix it. The issue should contains at least "appname", "download link" and "which page in the app show the ads". If you don't know how to use Github, you can alternatively fill in this form and I will create the issue for you.

Q: Why ads in websites is still showing?
    A: MinMinGuard currently only blocks the "in-app" ads. Blocking ads in websites may be the future work.

Q: Can I use MinMinGuard along with Adaway?(or any other adblocker)
    A: Yes, they should work perfectly with each other.

Donation:
    If you want to support me, you can donate via Paypal and I will really appreciate you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MinMinGuard, App for the Android General

Contributors
    FatMinMin

Version Information

Created 2014-01-17
    Last Updated 2018-06-24
    The thread is reopened. If you have problems using MinMinGuard, leave your problems here. Please give me the name of the apps along with download links that don't work with MinMinGuard(It would be great if you also post the all the ad networks the apps use).

ps: It's so great to have Xposed working for Lollipop :)
    Hi all,

Due to my daily job and career focus, I can hardly find time to maintain MinMinGuard in recent years. However, it is luckily that MinMinGuard finally has an enthusiastic and brilliant developer @MSkjel who is willing to take over its future development.

Thank you all for the support for MinMinGuard in this years and cheers for @MSkjel .
    MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 works with Virtual Xposed

Hi, I just uploaded MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 with features as follow:

- works with Virtual Xposed (by removing resource hook)
    - compile against sdk27
    - fix some bug which may cause app crashed

NOTE: this is a alpha version, so I put it in the experimental channel. configuration bugs are expected
    v2.0.1 is released with multiple bugs fixed. Changes are as follow:

- Fix crashing when saving the settings
    - Fix unstable UI when switching between the tabs
    - Fix xposed no enabled message not shown problem
    - Only hook into apps when enabled