Vanilla 2.2 Lockscreen with vibrate on new Leaked OTA 2.2 ROM

Search This thread

Twisted politiks

Jul 16, 2010
Southern California
I have the new 2.2 ROM Leak installed on my phone atm, and I want to use the Froyo Vanilla Lock screen, where it has the unlock as well as the vibrate bars. I know that they have a 2.1 vanilla lock screen, but this is set to put the phone on silent, not vibrate. I was wondering how I could get a hold of the 2.2 vanilla lock screen. is it just an .apk that i could extract from cyanogen mod 6 from kouch? or is it more complicated than that?

any help would be great. thanks in advance

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
Just remove or rename /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk and /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex in recovery. Make sure your system partition is mounted first. If you do this, you will not be able to use the alarms until you get a vanilla Desk Clock installed.

Code:
adb shell
rm HtcLockScreen.apk
rm HtcLockScreen.odex

Reactions: trickykid27

Twisted politiks

Jul 16, 2010
Southern California
so i removed the .apk and it does work, but it still only has the option to either unlock the phone, or switch between silent and normal. is there a way to switch it to vibrate instead? and how would i get a vanilla Desk Clock onto it?

Edit: the Vanilla Desk Clock is actually there, no need to install anything extra. so all i am looking to change is the bar that switches between silent and normal to vibrate and normal

Edit Edit: Wow i feel like a noob. it works right out of the box this way. i was looking at the symbol and reading the text saying "sound is off" thinking it went straight to silent. but alas, it puts it on vibrate, so just uninstalling HtcLockScreen.apk and HtcLockScreen.odex works, as well as it shows the vanilla clock, whether or not the alarm clock works i dont know, as i dont use it as one.

feel free to delete this whole thread if you want, as i am a noob and was not paying attention to what was in front of me. thank you for the quick response though :D

Last edited:

askwhy

Jun 26, 2009
...just uninstalling HtcLockScreen.apk and HtcLockScreen.odex works, as well as it shows the vanilla clock, whether or not the alarm clock works i dont know, as i dont use it as one...

While the vanilla lock screen works fine after removing those two files, the alarms are still messed up. The problem isn't that the alarm won't sound when set from the HTC clock app anymore (it does). The problem is that you cannot shut it off without also having the HTC Lock Screen, and it will just keep sounding until you reboot.

If you install a vanilla clock, than even with the vanilla lock screen you can have an alarm set that will correctly prompt you to dismiss or snooze when it sounds.

I am actually having some trouble finding the best/correct DeskClock.apk for us, as the first I found didn't even show up in the app drawer (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=715208) and the second one I found, which works for alarms, has some messed up characters displaying below the time and the music button will cause a FC (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=697491).

Could anyone who knows which is the most current and functional DeskClock.apk please link to it or perhaps even attach a copy?

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
so i removed the .apk and it does work, but it still only has the option to either unlock the phone, or switch between silent and normal. is there a way to switch it to vibrate instead? and how would i get a vanilla Desk Clock onto it?

Edit: the Vanilla Desk Clock is actually there, no need to install anything extra. so all i am looking to change is the bar that switches between silent and normal to vibrate and normal

Edit Edit: Wow i feel like a noob. it works right out of the box this way. i was looking at the symbol and reading the text saying "sound is off" thinking it went straight to silent. but alas, it puts it on vibrate, so just uninstalling HtcLockScreen.apk and HtcLockScreen.odex works, as well as it shows the vanilla clock, whether or not the alarm clock works i dont know, as i dont use it as one.

feel free to delete this whole thread if you want, as i am a noob and was not paying attention to what was in front of me. thank you for the quick response though :D
You're telling me when you remove those apk's you get the Vanilla lock screen??

Can you post screenshots.

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
You're telling me when you remove those apk's you get the Vanilla lock screen??

Can you post screenshots.

I can confirm it works.

Slide right to unlock, slide left turns on vibrate or turns sound back on.

i wish we could get the 2.0 lockscreen, that was the best! The dial lockscreen rocked.

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
SICC

unlockscreen.jpg

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have the new 2.2 ROM Leak installed on my phone atm, and I want to use the Froyo Vanilla Lock screen, where it has the unlock as well as the vibrate bars. I know that they have a 2.1 vanilla lock screen, but this is set to put the phone on silent, not vibrate. I was wondering how I could get a hold of the 2.2 vanilla lock screen. is it just an .apk that i could extract from cyanogen mod 6 from kouch? or is it more complicated than that?

Nevermind...

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
Install this and your alarm issues are SOLVED, I just tested it.

Now time to remove the old one. Be sure you set your alarm with THIS app if you decide to leave the HTC stuff on.

Attachments

• DeskClockGoogle.apk
    227.8 KB · Views: 649

zipzoomeroo

May 7, 2010
Just remove or rename /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk and /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex in recovery. Make sure your system partition is mounted first. If you do this, you will not be able to use the alarms until you get a vanilla Desk Clock installed.

Code:
adb shell
rm HtcLockScreen.apk
rm HtcLockScreen.odex
When I do those commands, it tells me:

rm: can't remove 'HtcLockScreen.apk': No such file or directory

I shut down, booted into recovery, when to "partitions menu," mounted /system, plugged my phone into my computer, launced cmd, cd'd to sdk\tools, adb shell, "daemon started successfully," then I get that error.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help?
Thanks.

zipzoomeroo

May 7, 2010
try this:

adb shell
cd /system/app
rm HtcLockScreen.apk
rm HtcLockScreen.odex
I think that worked. I'm wondering if I may have booted into recovery before plugging my phone in last time. Would that have made a difference?

Edit: It worked!!! Thank you so much. I've wanted the vanilla lock screen for sooo long!

SifonX

Jun 20, 2010
Also important to note that if you started the adb shell prior to mounting /system you'll need to exit and do an adb remount for adb to be able to read/write.

jasonb1985

Jun 7, 2010
so what happens when we get a phone call? is the the HTC lockscreen to answer or the vanilla lockscreen to answer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    adb shell
    rm HtcLockScreen.apk
    rm HtcLockScreen.odex