[.netCF 3.5] Sense Interface SDK v1.50 (03.19.2011) [HTC's Sense UI Look 'n Feel]

Search This thread

sorien

Mar 19, 2009
@eboelzner any plans to release this sdk as open source?, there are several similar sdk's and and every have props and corns. I don't want to be rude in any way but this community need just one but strong sdk and open sources could help your sdk to become strongest, bugless and full featured in short time.

2 way licensing "Commercial License" and "Open Source License" could even help you to earn some money.

my english is not so good but I hope you know what i mean.

Last edited:

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
If you add \r\n into the text property where you want the line break and then make the height += 25 then it should suit your needs.

Is this possible in VB.net? I just get unprintable characters for the line breaks.

Edit: NWM, this works but as was mentioned before, both primary text and secondary text must be set. Also, it appears secondary text can only occupy the bottom half of the panelItem no matter the height, ie. if the height is 50 it looks like primary text takes up 25pixels and secondary text starts at the 25th.

Last edited:

encore27

Feb 12, 2010
Hey eboelzner,
thanks for your hard work with this project.

I've read all the thread but I didn't get the solution for my problem.

I followed all passages to integrate (moved the files in the right folders) the SDK with VS2008, but when I try to add the components in the toolbox browsing to "StedySoft.SenseSDK.dll" it will add them in the toolbox's option in which I can enable them, but when I click OK in the whole toolbox the SenseSDK controls aren't present (either adding a new tab).

Moreover I can open Demo project, viewing actually the form with controls you prepared but again not selectable in the toolbox.

Info on the system: Win7 32bit, VS2008 SP1 with .net framework 3.5 SP1.

P.S. I already tried to reset to default settings with the command line that you provided.

Thanks in advance.

Enrico.

meltwater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
Hey eboelzner,
thanks for your hard work with this project.

I've read all the thread but I didn't get the solution for my problem.

I followed all passages to integrate (moved the files in the right folders) the SDK with VS2008, but when I try to add the components in the toolbox browsing to "StedySoft.SenseSDK.dll" it will add them in the toolbox's option in which I can enable them, but when I click OK in the whole toolbox the SenseSDK controls aren't present (either adding a new tab).

Moreover I can open Demo project, viewing actually the form with controls you prepared but again not selectable in the toolbox.

Info on the system: Win7 32bit, VS2008 SP1 with .net framework 3.5 SP1.

P.S. I already tried to reset to default settings with the command line that you provided.

Thanks in advance.

Enrico.

I wonder if you have the issue as me, the tools appear in a .NET 2 framework project (but of course not much use), but would be interesting to confirm if it's the same for you.

encore27

Feb 12, 2010
I wonder if you have the issue as me, the tools appear in a .NET 2 framework project (but of course not much use), but would be interesting to confirm if it's the same for you.

Yes meltwater,
I can confirm that creating a new .NET CF 2.0 project the tools appeared...

I tried in so many ways to fix it with .NET 3.5 but I'm still finding the solution.

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
nice library, four things that i really miss are

1) Name property. (omg where is my name property? i don't want to use tag. Tag is for information people want to keep on a control without showing to the user)

2) Visible property. i want to hide some controls in the sense list, and i can't do it! don't tell me to remove them. i want there right there but not visible.

3) Design mode.... (yes i know that u r looking for a solution there. i am just saying it :) )

4) i want to be able to add a SenseButton in the SenseList.

question.....

is it possible to have a numericbox with more than 2 digits? (99)

Last edited:

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
can someone help me over this please...

i created an application using this SDK, which uses some dynamically created SenseItems (in a SenseList)which they have sublists with subitems inside them.

the problem is that these subitems, don't have a .parent property, so that they can return me to which SenseItem it belongs.

to make myself more clear...

1)We have a SenseList.
2)In the SenseList we have many SensePanelMoreItems (created dynamically)
3)In those we have many items of different types (which the user edits in order to update back the sql server)

the problem....

i have no idea, how to find out which items, belong to the specific SensePanelMoreItem that the user has chosen, since the items inside this control don't have a .parent property.

there is an .index property, which is just useless.

thanks in advance

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand why you need to know the parent control. Surely if you've hard-coded the controls then you know what the parent control is.

Also, why do you need to know?

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
in the sublist, i have

1) two NumericItems
2) 1 TextboxItem
3) two OnOffItems
4) 1 PanelItem

i am using the PanelItem as a "Save" button. how would i know, the values of the other items inside the sublist?

and i can't know which is the parent control, since the MoreItems are created dynamically, for each row i read from my sql data reader

Last edited:

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I think the main problem here comes from the fact that you're creating things dynamically, so you can't declare them as global (to the class). Using a global array will solve that problem.

Keep an array of the moreitems that you create and then in the list control OnShowItemChildren event, compare the sender to each of them so you can tell from that what page you are on.

I imagine it will still be messy after that, but at least it will work.

(Also, don't forget that the moreitems have a Children property).

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
moreItems have children property, but i want a .parent property :)

i have thought of what u said about keeping thing in global variable, but i am not going to do that. the code will be a joke...

i will need loops, for every single item, until i find what i want (if the list is big, then it is going to take forever). then if i find the item i want using the .tag property (give me back my .name property!), i need to find the values of each control in there (this is not a hard part, but finding them through the list is hard) and then perform my query.

as you understand, this is a no-go solution :). it needs to get fixed asap.

eboelzner, please add those 2 properties plz.

1) .Name
2) .parent

to make clear why i need .parent for....

when i will press the SensePanelItem, i will get the parent's "index", and then use that "index", to find what children this item has inside. the i will collect data from those subitems and do my job.

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
But if you do what I suggested then you will always know what moreitem you last went into, and then you can use the children of that control to get values. I guess I'm just not understanding your problem because that seems pretty straight forward to me.

Hope you get it sorted mate :)

Edit:
Actually, you only need 1 global variable, and you set that to the sender in the OnShowItemChildren event. Then set it to null in OnShowItemParent (I think that's what the events are called).

Last edited:

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Yes meltwater,
I can confirm that creating a new .NET CF 2.0 project the tools appeared...

I tried in so many ways to fix it with .NET 3.5 but I'm still finding the solution.

I've also found this occurs with another SDK (Facebook.Compact.dll) which means it's probably specific to my install of CFW .Net 3.5 & VS2008. Good news for this SDK, but bad for me!

Any solutions would be welcome, bit lost with this.

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've also found this occurs with another SDK (Facebook.Compact.dll) which means it's probably specific to my install of CFW .Net 3.5 & VS2008. Good news for this SDK, but bad for me!

Any solutions would be welcome, bit lost with this.

It's a problem with the SDK build. For some reason the controls show up on a .Net 2.0 project, but they're only compatible with .Net 3.5 - it's not your setup that's the problem.

I've succesfully used this SDK in one of my current apps, and I'm working on another one. I just couldn't use the toolbox so had to code all the controls manually.

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
It's a problem with the SDK build. For some reason the controls show up on a .Net 2.0 project, but they're only compatible with .Net 3.5 - it's not your setup that's the problem.

I've succesfully used this SDK in one of my current apps, and I'm working on another one. I just couldn't use the toolbox so had to code all the controls manually.
Ok, that's good to know. Unfortunately very new to it, so will keep trying.
I've found I can use the Facebook.Compact.dll only on a .Net 2.0 project, can't you use .Net 2.0 controls on a .Net 3.5 project?
I know not directly relevant but trying to work out what you can/can't do and what is MS VS2008 issues (I initially had issues with the toolbox for all mobile projects - until I uninstalled everything and started again).

Edit for Solution: - I've updated here since it's only of interest to noobs like me
I now understand the posts about the "Page Designer", this is why the tools don't appear, since the designer code isn't right. The SDK is used manually (from what I can guess using the following steps):
1. Add the metadata assembly (StedySoft.SenseSDK.PocketPC.asmmeta.dll) to the "designer metadata" directory (as post#1).
2. Add "StedySoft.SenseSDK.dll" to your project "References".
3. Add the object to your window form class:
Code:
namespace FacebookUtil
{
    partial class SettingsPage
    {
            private StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseCheckboxControl mySenseCheck;
    }
}
4. Then within your windows forms InitializeComponent(), create an instance of the control, define properties and tie to the form (or in this case, to a tab page tabUpdateTimer):
Code:
private void InitializeComponent()
{
           this.mySenseCheck = new StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseCheckboxControl();
            //
            //Add sense check
            //
            this.mySenseCheck.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(7, 100);
            this.mySenseCheck.Name = "mySenseCheck";
            this.mySenseCheck.Text = "Sense CheckBox";
            this.tabUpdateTimer.Controls.Add(this.mySenseCheck);
Sorry if it's been mentioned before but my search didn't find anything and post #1 is misleading for noobs like me.

Is it possible to turn off the forms designer after you've used it (don't want my edits to be replaced by VS).

Thanks johncmolyneux, for the hint that it's not my install, saved a lot of time chasing ghosts!

Last edited:

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
But if you do what I suggested then you will always know what moreitem you last went into, and then you can use the children of that control to get values. I guess I'm just not understanding your problem because that seems pretty straight forward to me.

Hope you get it sorted mate :)

Edit:
Actually, you only need 1 global variable, and you set that to the sender in the OnShowItemChildren event. Then set it to null in OnShowItemParent (I think that's what the events are called).

i can't get the index from the moreItem list. i want the moreItem to have ProcessEntireButton = True.

if i set it to False and then add an event handler to the item. i can't add a code to display the sublist!!! there is no event!

this is my code for this...

CurrentItemIndex = TryCast(Sender, SensePanelMoreItem).Index
TryCast(Sender, SensePanelMoreItem).ProcessEntireButton = True

Last edited:

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
i can't get the index from the moreItem list. i want the moreItem to have ProcessEntireButton = True.

if i set it to False and then add an event handler to the item. i can't add a code to display the sublist!!! there is no event!

this is my code for this...

CurrentItemIndex = TryCast(Sender, SensePanelMoreItem).Index
TryCast(Sender, SensePanelMoreItem).ProcessEntireButton = True

I don't see why you want to use an index. If you have a globally declared object type variable and then create an event handler for the list control OnShowItemChildren - that has a sender, then you can set the global variable to sender.

Then you can use (Sender as SensePanelMoreItem).Children to parse the child controls.

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
ok thank you so much. i didn't know about the OnShowItemChildren.

i guess it is going to be easy for me now :)

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
in the sublist, i have

1) two NumericItems
2) 1 TextboxItem
3) two OnOffItems
4) 1 PanelItem

i am using the PanelItem as a "Save" button. how would i know, the values of the other items inside the sublist?

and i can't know which is the parent control, since the MoreItems are created dynamically, for each row i read from my sql data reader

Depending how many levels you want to go up, the senselist itself has a FocusedItem property which is the button you click and a ParentFocusedItem which would be the parent sensepanelmoreitem containing your button. If you need to backup more levels you'll need to use an array to hold your structure as johncmolyneux suggests.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the delay getting this update to you guys... have been VERY busy, but here ya go... Version 1.5!!!

Lot's of bug fixes, and some new features too!!

In the ROM that I cook for the Imagio, I have replaced this version for RSS Tab, Facebook Tab, and Cookie Home Tab Editor... with no issues, actually fixes a bug in CHTEditor 2.0!!!!!

Take care... Ed
    i'm still having issue with my toolbox doesn't show up the controls when creating .net 3.5 project. how to solve this?

The toolbox does not work with this SDK, it is a known problem. Once you've got through a few examples the toolbox isn't quite as important.
    COM Exception

Hey there eboelzner!

First of all, congratulations for this SDK, it's quite cool.
    Thank you for contributing this.

I'm in the creation of my first app with it, but encountered a problem,
    perhaps with the thumbnails. If I add thumbnails to the items, I got an

Unhandled COM exception

Code:
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem._getImageSize()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem.OnRender(Graphics g)
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl._renderGraphics()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
       at NewsPaperReporter.Program.Main()

Any ideas? If I remove the thumbnails, the problem is gone, but I want to use the thumbnails because it's much more impressive with them :)

I'm using the 1.39 version.

Another question. How can I apply the theme you posted?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Rico from Hungary.
    I fill a Panel with filenames and by clicking on a panel item I want to open the file, the problem is that I can't send any variables to the EventHandler function.

Code:
    for (int i = 1; i <= 7; i++)
    {
                    MyPanelItem1 itm = new MyPanelItem1();

// base properties
                    itm.ButtonAnimation = true;
                    itm.Name = "PanelItem" + i.ToString("0#");
                    itm.ShowSeparator = true;

// MyPanelItem1 properties
                    switch (i) {
                        case 1:
                            itm.Thumbnail = iimg;
                            itm.PrimaryText = string.Format("Primary Text for '{0}'", itm.Name);
                            itm.SecondaryText = string.Format("This is the Secondary Text for '{0}'", itm.Name);
                            break;

... etc.
                    }
                    itm.OnClick += new MyPanelItem1.ClickEventHandler(OnClickGeneric);

this.senseListCtrl.AddItem(itm);

void OnClickGeneric(object sender)
    {
         // Here is my Code - I want to get the "on-clicked" Filename
    }

if for example you put in PrimaryText the filename you can replace your function OnClickGeneric with this:

Code:
    void OnClickGeneric(object Sender)
    {
    MyPanelItem1  itm = (Sender as MyPanelItem1 );
    // itm.PrimaryText <- This is your FileName.
    }
    It's not possible my friend !
    This SDK is designed for c# with framework.Net 3.5 !