[Q] kitkat options

Search This thread

irockwithdirt

Jan 24, 2014
Hey all, I have a rooted L710 currently running stock 4.1.2 with TWRP v2.7.0.0. If I loose root access won't be able to use with my truck's appradio.

What's my best course of action to get from where I'm at to kitkat rooted without bricking my phone?

Thanks for any help!

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Any of the aftermarket ROMs such as CyanogenMod 11 (CM 11), Paranoid Android, AOKP, and many more are KitKat based and stable enough to use as daily drivers. And, they all should be pre-rooted.

I personally prefer PhilZ recovery for flashing ROMs.

Also, if you're using a SPH-L710, you should flash "D2LTE" builds of whatever ROM you're considering, and you can flash the Paranoid Android GAPPs package on top of it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: irockwithdirt

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
Hey all, I have a rooted L710 currently running stock 4.1.2 with TWRP v2.7.0.0. If I loose root access won't be able to use with my truck's appradio.

What's my best course of action to get from where I'm at to kitkat rooted without bricking my phone?

Thanks for any help!

I don't believe appradio works with kitkat. Some people have had luck, some haven't. I couldn't get it to work at all running AOSB ROM.

sent from my GS3

Reactions: irockwithdirt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any of the aftermarket ROMs such as CyanogenMod 11 (CM 11), Paranoid Android, AOKP, and many more are KitKat based and stable enough to use as daily drivers. And, they all should be pre-rooted.

I personally prefer PhilZ recovery for flashing ROMs.

Also, if you're using a SPH-L710, you should flash "D2LTE" builds of whatever ROM you're considering, and you can flash the Paranoid Android GAPPs package on top of it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for any help!

I don't believe appradio works with kitkat. Some people have had luck, some haven't. I couldn't get it to work at all running AOSB ROM.

sent from my GS3