[BOOT ANIMATION] Custom Boot Animations (Updated 6/26)

Search This thread

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
Re: [BOOT ANIMATION] Custom Boot Animations (Updated 1/29)

So what's everyone's take on landscape boot animations? I try to stay away from them with phones because you hold a phone vertically, but the Drift animation turned out ok.

Should I keep them coming in portrait or should I toss in some more landscape?

That is of course assuming anyone cares.... lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

oarking

Jul 11, 2009
i'm having some strange problem with boot animations, they just don't work. even ones i get from other sources. is there any reason for that? i've tried 2 different roms and only the default ones work, not if i replace them.

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
i'm having some strange problem with boot animations, they just don't work. even ones i get from other sources. is there any reason for that? i've tried 2 different roms and only the default ones work, not if i replace them.

Which of the following happens when you reboot?

a. black screen
b. stock android text
c. no change... still shows original boot animation

oarking

Jul 11, 2009

Which of the following happens when you reboot?

a. black screen
b. stock android text
c. no change... still shows original boot animation

It shows the stock android text with the glare moving across it. The default for this ROM (SuperXE AOSP) is the newest Nexus X with colors pulsing.

I'm having incompatibility issues with certain perfectly normal market apps too so I might have to flash a different one. In fact I'll do that and try to change boot anims again.

mk20051

Dec 12, 2010
Back to stock boot animation?

I am running the ViperDNA ROM andI was wondering how and where to get my stock Droid DNA boot animation back. Does anyone know how to do that?

Reactions: adamjamess

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com

Sorry I've been out of pocket guys... I should be able to get back to some of you guys a little later tonight.

docfong

Feb 9, 2011
Arizona

Thanks OP for this.. Awesome!

Sent from my DROID DNA

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com

I am running the ViperDNA ROM andI was wondering how and where to get my stock Droid DNA boot animation back. Does anyone know how to do that?

I should be able to pull the stock boot ani and post it here. Gimme a bit though. I just got home and need to get settled in.

Reactions: adamjamess

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com

It shows the stock android text with the glare moving across it. The default for this ROM (SuperXE AOSP) is the newest Nexus X with colors pulsing.

I'm having incompatibility issues with certain perfectly normal market apps too so I might have to flash a different one. In fact I'll do that and try to change boot anims again.

Make sure you are doing the permissions correctly and that they are sticking. If you do not have /system mounted as writable the changes won't stick. If you are using ES File Explorer you can check this in Settings then Root Settings.

Let me know if this helps.

adamjamess

Jan 30, 2012
Albuquerque

I have the same issue of the boot showing only the word "android" with the glow flying across it. I have set es file mgr as read/write. I do see another zip file called _boot animation.zip as well as bootanimation.zip. I replaced the one without the underscore.

Edit: figured it out. You have to change the properties of the actual downloaded file. As well as making sure the file manager can write.

Thanks for these!

Last edited:

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com

I should be able to pull it from the stock rooted rom and post here sometime in the next day or so. I haven't had much free time lately to play.

mbwsutherland

Dec 5, 2012

I sent a note over to the original artist (big305) asking for permission to port. Once he gives me the approval (hopefully) I should be able to port it over fairly easily.

Thanks for the request!

Still interested in this boot animation request or at least a download of the clip thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
I finally got this created.... it is in the OP.

Enjoy! :)

You're my hero donation coming soon

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I finally got this created.... it is in the OP.

Enjoy! :)

Please don't take this the wrong way or in a rude way but another anooying request..any way you could port this to the one xl too? But thanks so much for getting it to the DNA like I said once I get someore money (soon) donations coming

Top Liked Posts