4.3 update is coming - Discusion of all things 4.3 here

Search This thread

dakoellis

Jan 6, 2009
Why would it matter for us? there's no SIM slot in the phone, at least user-accessible

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

I am saying don't expect anything beyond OTA releases. Leaks like we had before are almost with a certainty over.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
is it too hard to port from the international version? I have heard that T-mo can flash international versions of roms, as long as you flash a modem and a kernel afterward. I guess the kernel would be an issue though, since there isn't a 4.3 tw kernel for our phone yet.

lorjay589

Oct 25, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Why would it matter for us? there's no SIM slot in the phone, at least user-accessible

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

is it too hard to port from the international version? I have heard that T-mo can flash international versions of roms, as long as you flash a modem and a kernel afterward. I guess the kernel would be an issue though, since there isn't a 4.3 tw kernel for our phone yet.

Well I got it to boot up but when it says updating android it reboots

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I also tried to use the cm10.2 kernel and changed the bootpath in it but. Didn't get as far as I did with the n7100 kernel

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I also tried to use the cm10.2 kernel and changed the bootpath in it but. Didn't get as far as I did with the n7100 kernel

Take a logcat. It's probably the egl libs

Reactions: sleshepic

jdee323

Dec 20, 2011
los angeles

You could try using devil kernel which also supports 4.3 and tw.

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6

That would be sweet!

Team PATB
Rats Of Anarchy
sigpic2757720_8.gif
now Free

Tungsten c

Mar 3, 2011
Note II rocks

Dudes

I don't care what android version my note 2 has. I am able to do whatever I want with it and the phone rocks big time.

I mean really what is exactly you are going to be able to do them than you cannot do now. I f there is something you want to do them that you cannot do now its an operator error. Hell I am even running Sphere now.

NOTE 2 all the way with XDA enhancement rocks.

dakoellis

Jan 6, 2009
Dudes

I don't care what android version my note 2 has. I am able to do whatever I want with it and the phone rocks big time.

I mean really what is exactly you are going to be able to do them than you cannot do now. I f there is something you want to do them that you cannot do now its an operator error. Hell I am even running Sphere now.

well that's you...

There's a lot of exclusive things on TW and a lot on 4.3, and it would be nice to get it all in 1 rom.

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Dudes

Dude,

I can't figure out why you're here on XDA then? Frankly, this kinda thing is our hobby and passion.
If you don't understand the point of threads like this, the rdf thread, sxtp's threads.... you might need a different forum to hang out in.

That "XDA enhancement" you're bragging about in your sig is exactly Because people here care about "what android version their note 2 has".

Sent from my calculator watch.

skulmunkie

Jul 22, 2013
I think with the community of devs here on the note2; samsung should just sit back and worry about their next devices. I think the dev's here have it covered pretty well. Between Cyan, Paranoid, Illusion, and all the others; the community is not for the worse whether or not they update to Samsung 4.3

Bruce lee roy

Nov 18, 2010
Seattle
I think with the community of devs here on the note2; samsung should just sit back and worry about their next devices. I think the dev's here have it covered pretty well. Between Cyan, Paranoid, Illusion, and all the others; the community is not for the worse whether or not they update to Samsung 4.3

Speak for yourself! For me, this devise without tw is a lost cause.

Reactions: ArchangelRenzoku

chnzshyguy

Jun 9, 2006
All I want is the new Air Command... Is there any confirmation that *someone* is working on porting the new 4.3 build to Sprint's Note 2?

thegregbradley

Aug 20, 2010
Group texting natively.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yup. Lockscreen widgets too. A ton of other new things that we are MISSING DAMMIT.

I just really hope they change the look of Samsung's HIDEOUS text messaging app, and that the text size settings will ****ing stick for once. Tired of using GoSMS dammit.

Reactions: ezeroc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dudes

Dude,

I can't figure out why you're here on XDA then? Frankly, this kinda thing is our hobby and passion.
    If you don't understand the point of threads like this, the rdf thread, sxtp's threads.... you might need a different forum to hang out in.

That "XDA enhancement" you're bragging about in your sig is exactly Because people here care about "what android version their note 2 has".

Sent from my calculator watch.
    I am done with Samsung...they say October. .but really mean December.
    And then the US carriers have to test and bloat it...so we are looking March next year!!!!
    I am buying the next Nexus and noting but Nexus from now on.

More like January or Feb, I'd say or maybe never...at least for the Sprint variant. It isn't in Sprint's interest to push updates unless the other carriers do. Of course Samsung wants to get these updates moving because they want the public to feel they'll be supported if they purchase a Samsung branded device but brand loyalty isn't in Sprints interests unless the brand is Sprint and that of course is usually maintained at the end of a very thin thread as it is.

As for the possibility of receiving the 4.3 update. I'm always excited about OTA updates because updates play a fairly big role in future versions of Android. The more updates there are the more well understood it is what the public wants/needs from future versions because of the broader spectrum of users providing feedback.

For my own personal device...I don't care. I run what I want on my device anyway regardless of whatever Samsung/Sprint/Google push. I don't give a rats ass about having a "pure" Android experience or being the first to get the latest version (no offense to the Nexus fans) either. I want my device dirty and nasty with a big moustache. I don't want be like one of those creeps that hangs around the strip clubs but never pays for a lap dance...I'm in the champaign room and let me tell you there is more going on in there than the song says. Why do you think I'm hanging around here? Trick it, brick it, fix it, trick it and brick it again...that's what it all about.

This complete exaggeration brought to you by:
    chzeckmate
    Now come on, there's been times Sprint rolled out updates before Samsung dropped source. I'm sure they won't update their software page without an update to roll out. Until I see MK3 on Sprint's S3 software page I don't think it's going to hit OTA even with source dropped. That software page usually on track judging from older devices I've had. At least I hope :(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

OK, I owe folks an apology. Everything I read earlier on here I thought pointed to MK3 for the N2.
    But seeing that it was MK4 I turned to our previous leaky source and confirmed MK4 is real and is the OTA as of now.
    (No more tarballs but was at least nice enough to confirm the build status.)
    So sorry to pour cold water on the party, it's time to turn it up!
    Flashing in 60 secs. See you on the flip side.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Thread Cleaned.
    Lets keep it PG rated and respectful, ok folks?