Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
READ ENTIRE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took ASXIX, ASv15, added parts from Thunderbolt and a few tweaks from a Cappy ROM (Fasty III), edited a few things here and there, combined them together and flashed them. I got INSANE battery life, super fast performance, shorter boot times, smooth transitions, faster sdcard read/write speed, and higher quad scores (I know most people say those don't matter, but it does account for something).

DO NOT USE THIS WITH RAVERX3X'S OCTANE 3.0
ONLY USE v5 Upgrade if you are currently using any other version of Lightning Zap

Made 3 version
v5 for all ROMs
v5 Upgrade if you are currently on an older version of Lightning Zap
v5 MIUI is for MIUI ONLY

v5
Now adjusts filesystem with tune2fs (still ext4fs) to disable journaling, improve responsiveness, smoothness, and overall performance
Contains newest build.prop tweaks from dsexton702
Now uses Aroma installer by FBis251
Removed duplicate scripts
Added newest FUGU (Actually did that on v3, but failed to mention it)
Reformatted governor tweak a bit (easier to follow instructions to change values)
Decided NOT to add the journaling script and data2ext... for now
Quads hit 2432 on first run and averaged 2696 out of 3 runs, Not OC'd

v5 takes quite a while to install (about 20 to 30 minutes...maybe longer). If you experience FC's, fix permissions and reboot. As we all know, or should know, backups don't always like to play right when restored.

On v5 quads are hitting 3100+ average...

Must be rooted, on Gingerbread build that supports init.d, and have a kernel with voodoo. this has been tested on SG4G and Captivate but it may work on other devices (if you have flashing issues push manually or PM me for help)

DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible for any damage this may cause to your device.

Don't forget to make a backup! Just in case...

INSTRUCTIONS
Download zip and place on sdcard, reboot to recovery, install zip, follow prompts in Aroma installer (No options to change in custom install so use Quick Install), reboot phone, let sit for at least 10 minutes, REBOOT, enjoy!
This can be flashed directly over older versions of Lightning Zap.

Want to get more out of Lightning Zap?
Refer here:
More Tweaking

If you are not getting the battery life/performance others are getting, refer here:
Gremlin Remover

To see what tune2fs does (and verify journaling is disabled) type:
Code:
tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl9
tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl10
tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl11
For an example of results refer to this post:
tune2fs results on /system partition

Special Thanks to
GreyDark
dsexton702
LOSTLOGIC89
pikachu01
tehgyb
FBis251 for the awesome installer
And all the super awesome DEVs that help us!

Download links just below here

Last edited:

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Will check it out... Is the attached Quad Score Stock or OC'd ??

OC'd. The original score was 1301. Mind you, for battery life purposes, the tweak I added LIGHTLY overclocks the phone. If you want to increase the oc, use tegrak overclock (preferably paid so changes will stay after boot). I just tried the free version, and it shot my quad score to 2604.

Last edited:

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
Well, the tweaks definately work... I ran stock on aosp kj1 kernel and scored 1718.
Then installed and ran again, scored 1943 stock. Then Installed new kj6 kernel and ran again and scored 2149 stock no oc. Rebooted phone a couple of times and played around with some programs to let sink in. Now I ran quadrant again stock and got my highest score yet for a stock rom 2408.. added image

Attachments

• device-2011-12-10-215232.jpg
    device-2011-12-10-215232.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 4,099

steeleain

Jun 13, 2011
Cotuit
Should we delete the init.d scripts that are on the phone before flashing?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Hi Thomas

I'm currently testing it.
Are you sure there are no duplications? I see 2 SDCard speedfixes in init.d...

Sent from me

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Hi Thomas

Sent from me

The S77-sdcard-speedfix raises the read ahead from 3072 to 4096. I tried running it without it (just raised the threshold in 02speedcardfix) and the performance was good (17.28 mb/s), but I got much higher readings (22.13 mb/s) when I changed the 02sdcardspeedfix back to 3072 and added the S77-sdcard-speedfix back into it. (These numbers are referenced from DeviceMark app).

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
this is super fast thanks what a brilliant mind for tweaking this everything is 10x faster

You are welcome and thank you. But keep in mind, I got these tweaks from dsexton702 and LOSTLOGIC89, made a few minor adjustments, and just combined them together. But the really great thing about it, the more you play with your phone and the more they soak in, the better things get.

Reactions: bd1692

tehgyb

Mar 21, 2011
Easton, PA
I've modified as myself with different tweaks and noticed the ones I, modified happen to be the ones you didn't and I get the same quad either way... I'm thinking if I add mine to yours there may be a little boost. I'll have to try it out tonight. it pertains to system_server, app_process and the sqlite libraries

Sent from my SGH-T959V

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
I've modified as myself with different tweaks and noticed the ones I, modified happen to be the ones you didn't and I get the same quad either way... I'm thinking if I add mine to yours there may be a little boost. I'll have to try it out tonight. it pertains to system_server, app_process and the sqlite libraries

Sent from my SGH-T959V

Awesome. Let me know how it works out, and if you want, we can add your tweaks as well.

mikhail777

Nov 18, 2011
Ravers 3.0 version says removed ind.t, can i still flash this or could that cause complications?

kaizasoshi

Aug 11, 2009
Honolulu
I would say yes as most of these tweaks have been used on many other devices and incorporated into various ROMs. But don't hold me to it. All I can say is make a backup, flash, and see. Report back to me with your findings please?

Got the " installation aborted " error message, will push it manually through Root Explorer. Will report back later today to let you know what the results are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ ENTIRE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took ASXIX, ASv15, added parts from Thunderbolt and a few tweaks from a Cappy ROM (Fasty III), edited a few things here and there, combined them together and flashed them. I got INSANE battery life, super fast performance, shorter boot times, smooth transitions, faster sdcard read/write speed, and higher quad scores (I know most people say those don't matter, but it does account for something).

DO NOT USE THIS WITH RAVERX3X'S OCTANE 3.0
    ONLY USE v5 Upgrade if you are currently using any other version of Lightning Zap

Made 3 version
    v5 for all ROMs
    v5 Upgrade if you are currently on an older version of Lightning Zap
    v5 MIUI is for MIUI ONLY

v5
    Now adjusts filesystem with tune2fs (still ext4fs) to disable journaling, improve responsiveness, smoothness, and overall performance
    Contains newest build.prop tweaks from dsexton702
    Now uses Aroma installer by FBis251
    Removed duplicate scripts
    Added newest FUGU (Actually did that on v3, but failed to mention it)
    Reformatted governor tweak a bit (easier to follow instructions to change values)
    Decided NOT to add the journaling script and data2ext... for now
    Quads hit 2432 on first run and averaged 2696 out of 3 runs, Not OC'd

v5 takes quite a while to install (about 20 to 30 minutes...maybe longer). If you experience FC's, fix permissions and reboot. As we all know, or should know, backups don't always like to play right when restored.

On v5 quads are hitting 3100+ average...

Must be rooted, on Gingerbread build that supports init.d, and have a kernel with voodoo. this has been tested on SG4G and Captivate but it may work on other devices (if you have flashing issues push manually or PM me for help)

DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible for any damage this may cause to your device.

Don't forget to make a backup! Just in case...

INSTRUCTIONS
    Download zip and place on sdcard, reboot to recovery, install zip, follow prompts in Aroma installer (No options to change in custom install so use Quick Install), reboot phone, let sit for at least 10 minutes, REBOOT, enjoy!
    This can be flashed directly over older versions of Lightning Zap.

Want to get more out of Lightning Zap?
    Refer here:
    More Tweaking

If you are not getting the battery life/performance others are getting, refer here:
    Gremlin Remover

To see what tune2fs does (and verify journaling is disabled) type:
    Code:
    tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl9
    tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl10
    tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl11
    For an example of results refer to this post:
    tune2fs results on /system partition

Special Thanks to
    GreyDark
    dsexton702
    LOSTLOGIC89
    pikachu01
    tehgyb
    FBis251 for the awesome installer
    And all the super awesome DEVs that help us!

Download links just below here
    Working on an ICS/CM9 build along with 3 ROMs... Have some patience guys...
    Hey when are you releasing your kernel source? It could probably benefit everyone if we can get a copy of it

This weekend. My internet service sucks (1.5mbs and 75% packet loss), but today I'm getting new service installed (15mbs guaranteed and hopefully 0 packet loss..Lol) so i can shoot it upstream without errors within a decent amount of time... this goes for the gummy source as well...

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    Happy holidays all!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
    Hi Thomas

Sent from me

The S77-sdcard-speedfix raises the read ahead from 3072 to 4096. I tried running it without it (just raised the threshold in 02speedcardfix) and the performance was good (17.28 mb/s), but I got much higher readings (22.13 mb/s) when I changed the 02sdcardspeedfix back to 3072 and added the S77-sdcard-speedfix back into it. (These numbers are referenced from DeviceMark app).