Broken volume flex

Search This thread

cristinel13

Apr 16, 2014
Hi everyone I have a big big problem. My volume buttons are broken, so I can'n navigate through CWM revovery. I have cm10.2 and I want to try the kiktkat ROMs. What should I do? I tried to use goo manager but after I press "flash roms" it reboots in recovery, where I can't do anything unless reboot now. Is there a way to install TWRP touch recovery? I think of installing stock jellybean with ODIN and use a custon kernel through DD command method, but I don't know how to root without using the recovery. Any other solutions? Is there a way to install TWRP directly on cyanogenmod 10.2? Why goo manager doesen't work? Rom manager do the same thing, instead of flashing my rom, it reboots in recovery. Please help me, i'm desperate. Basicaly I want to install ROMs or TWRP recovery WITHOUT USING THE VOLUME BUTTON.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi everyone I have a big big problem. My volume buttons are broken, so I can'n navigate through CWM revovery. I have cm10.2 and I want to try the kiktkat ROMs. What should I do? I tried to use goo manager but after I press "flash roms" it reboots in recovery, where I can't do anything unless reboot now. Is there a way to install TWRP touch recovery? I think of installing stock jellybean with ODIN and use a custon kernel through DD command method, but I don't know how to root without using the recovery. Any other solutions? Is there a way to install TWRP directly on cyanogenmod 10.2? Why goo manager doesen't work? Rom manager do the same thing, instead of flashing my rom, it reboots in recovery. Please help me, i'm desperate. Basicaly I want to install ROMs or TWRP recovery WITHOUT USING THE VOLUME BUTTON.

I think that we do not have any CM kernel that has TWRP. And you can't install separately recovery from kernel. Maybe you can do this, install CM11 kernel - it has touch CWM. When you swipe up it goes up, when you swipe down... But you must be carefull, and to get 100% working CM11 zip in your recovery, to avoid getting a bootloop. Unpack it on PC and see if zip of it is not broken,

You can install CM11 kernel by getting it from CM11 zip, copy it to the phone and use Universal Kernel Flasher from Play store. After installing it I think that you can't go back to CM10.2 anymore, you will end up with a bootloop. So you must install CM11. And another thing, I am not sure if reboot recovery works well, you will end up with nothing if it does not. So do everything at your risk, do not blame me if you fail...

We do not have working ROM manager or similar thing.

cristinel13

Apr 16, 2014
I think that we do not have any CM kernel that has TWRP. And you can't install separately recovery from kernel. Maybe you can do this, install CM11 kernel - it has touch CWM. When you swipe up it goes up, when you swipe down... But you must be carefull, and to get 100% working CM11 zip in your recovery, to avoid getting a bootloop. Unpack it on PC and see if zip of it is not broken,

You can install CM11 kernel by getting it from CM11 zip, copy it to the phone and use Universal Kernel Flasher from Play store. After installing it I think that you can't go back to CM10.2 anymore, you will end up with a bootloop. So you must install CM11. And another thing, I am not sure if reboot recovery works well, you will end up with nothing if it does not. So do everything at your risk, do not blame me if you fail...

We do not have working ROM manager or similar thing.

So I should unpack the CM11 zip and flash the kernel in CM10.2 that I already have? If I will end up with bootloop how should I enter the recovery? The only way to do it is through reboot to recovery option in my rom, if I get stuck in the bootloop I will not be able to do anything. Can you explain one more time, step by step?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
So I should unpack the CM11 zip and flash the kernel in CM10.2 that I already have? If I will end up with bootloop how should I enter the recovery? The only way to do it is through reboot to recovery option in my rom, if I get stuck in the bootloop I will not be able to do anything. Can you explain one more time, step by step?

I can't guarantee that you can reboot to recovery, because sometimes it does not work. This process is risky... You can't go to download mode too after that.

1. Download CM11 zip, get boot.img from it
2. Install Universal Kernel Flasher and some root explorer
3. Install boot.img with Universal Kernel Flasher
4. Reboot recovery
5. Install CM11, do factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache...

I wouldn't try something like this with those risks, I will rather get my volume buttons fixed before trying this. I think chances to fail is greater then not to.

cristinel13

Apr 16, 2014
I understand now.. as you said is too risky. Can anyone help me with a method to get root on stock jellybean without using recovery or to use goo manager? I want so bad to try kitkat but I don't want to brick my phone in the process. Thank you Shutdown anyway for the help.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I understand now.. as you said is too risky. Can anyone help me with a method to get root on stock jellybean without using recovery or to use goo manager? I want so bad to try kitkat but I don't want to brick my phone in the process. Thank you Shutdown anyway for the help.

I think Goo manager is not working because it is not compatible with our device. Its developer needs to make it work with our phone. So I think there is no other method for rooting except the one we have, zip file and flashing it in recovery.

cristinel13

Apr 16, 2014
Why there isn't an odin flashable method for root as for gingerbread? I am sorry for bothering you, but you are of the most experienced dev/user of our device.. My volume flex can't be fixed unless I change the motherboard wich is far too expensive compared with the value of the phone. I also have a very unstable version of cm 10.2 (I installed it like 10 months ago) so my camera doesen't work in video and I have the in call volume bug. If I just could root stock jellybean with other method, I could use twrp and install any 4.4 ROM I want. It is frustrating because I am so close yet so far..

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Why there isn't an odin flashable method for root as for gingerbread? I am sorry for bothering you, but you are of the most experienced dev/user of our device.. My volume flex can't be fixed unless I change the motherboard wich is far too expensive compared with the value of the phone. I also have a very unstable version of cm 10.2 (I installed it like 10 months ago) so my camera doesen't work in video and I have the in call volume bug. If I just could root stock jellybean with other method, I could use twrp and install any 4.4 ROM I want. It is frustrating because I am so close yet so far..

There is not Odin flashable root method because we got that Recovery method that is easy and does not increase binary count, and devs did not make the one for Odin. Anyway you can't go to download mode too if Volume buttons is not working. You need to press volume up to proceed...

AntaresOne

Recognized Developer
Sep 30, 2013
Chieti, Italy
www.antaresone.eu
I built a long time ago a CM10.1 kernel with TWRP recovery... CM10.2 CWM is touch recovery.

@cristinel13 Method by shut_down is perfect, but if you aren't not sure to do it do this:

• I built this file for you, download it but don't extract, leave as it is
  • Open Odin and put that file in "PDA"
  • Open Terminal Emulator on your device and write first su, confirm access then write reboot download
  • Now your device is in download mode without need to press vol+ to confirm
  • Press "Start" on Odin

Let the device starts, then open again Terminal Emulator, write again su then write reboot recovery to enter in recovery. Now flash any KitKat ROM that you want

Last edited:

cristinel13

Apr 16, 2014
A little help? I flashed it with odin and now my phone is bricked. It boot to the samsung galaxy s advance logo and then it stops. My PC reconise it and I can charge my phone, but I can't start it. How can I enter recovery/download without the buttons? I am pretty scared right now :-s

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
A little help? I flashed it with odin and now my phone is bricked. It boot to the samsung galaxy s advance logo and then it stops. My PC reconise it and I can charge my phone, but I can't start it. How can I enter recovery/download without the buttons? I am pretty scared right now :-s

I think that you need to do factory reset... Can you use ADB? Try to delete data/data folder in root with ADB. You can use this if you need GUI: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2105707

You can try with delete of folder data/dalvik-cache.

P.S. I forgot that you flashed just kernel, try adb reboot recovery.

cristinel13

Apr 16, 2014
The kernel worked.. I mean the battery logo when I plug it in the PC is like on in kitkat. My phone works but it won't boot up. All I need to do is to enter recovery mode, but I can't without the volume button. Can I enter in recovery with ADB? I red that I can't use ADB with the phone turned off.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
The kernel worked.. I mean the battery logo when I plug it in the PC is like on in kitkat. My phone works but it won't boot up. All I need to do is to enter recovery mode, but I can't without the volume button. Can I enter in recovery with ADB? I red that I can't use ADB with the phone turned off.

Try. Leave it sometime on that bootloop, and if it is possible it will give you adb access. Use reboot recovery command, like you did for download mode.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

AntaresOne

Recognized Developer
Sep 30, 2013
Chieti, Italy
www.antaresone.eu

Oh right, kernels compiled on 4.4 can't start on 4.2-4.3... Sorry, I forgot that, do you have at least a very little knowledge about hardware? If yes, we can use a "pro" method that will 101% work to enter in recovery

Try. Leave it sometime on that bootloop, and if it is possible it will give you adb access. Use reboot recovery command, like you did for download mode.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately to have ADB on boot you need to modify default.prop inside boot.img's primary ramdisk, and he can't actually flash again...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I built a long time ago a CM10.1 kernel with TWRP recovery... CM10.2 CWM is touch recovery.

@cristinel13 Method by shut_down is perfect, but if you aren't not sure to do it do this:

• I built this file for you, download it but don't extract, leave as it is
    • Open Odin and put that file in "PDA"
    • Open Terminal Emulator on your device and write first su, confirm access then write reboot download
    • Now your device is in download mode without need to press vol+ to confirm
    • Press "Start" on Odin

Let the device starts, then open again Terminal Emulator, write again su then write reboot recovery to enter in recovery. Now flash any KitKat ROM that you want
    In terminal emulator get superuser request nd then type 'reboot recovery' then u r good to go........... :)

I don't know why usually someone doesn't read previous messages in a thread. He can't actually boot his ROM, so no terminal emulator