Appearently i deleted my operating sytem...

Search This thread

Tickyy

Jun 7, 2014
Hi!

So i was actually trying to get rid of the upgrade of the operating system i upgraded (from 4.1.2 i think to 4.2.x), because my phone turned into a slow machine, slow as **** sometimes i actually had to wait 10 secs for a respond. And i also wanted to root it.

So what i did is i backed up my phone on Kies, then installed "PhilZ Touch 6", and wiped all its **** in it, you gotta understand i thought its ok to delete everything now because i back up all my things on Kies i thought its safe now to do anything...

Appearently not...

So after that i rebooted, the samsung galaxy grand 'logo' appeared, then tried installing some roms, without success.

Help please?

Additional info: Kies detects my phone when i connect it, even in download mode if that's helpful.

Please show as much examples/information in the things since i am a noob, never actually had a android phone before.

Kishan14

Nov 23, 2013
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
First you decide what u wanna use.. I mean stock rom (wich is laggy) or aosp roms.. Later go through development thread... Choose any rom u like... Then aftr u download.. Wipe your data.. Cache partition.. And dalvik cache too... Den install the zip you downloaded.. Aftr it finishes reboot the system... First reboot will take more time.. So be patience... Any problem feel free to ask

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Hi!

So i was actually trying to get rid of the upgrade of the operating system i upgraded (from 4.1.2 i think to 4.2.x), because my phone turned into a slow machine, slow as **** sometimes i actually had to wait 10 secs for a respond. And i also wanted to root it.

So what i did is i backed up my phone on Kies, then installed "PhilZ Touch 6", and wiped all its **** in it, you gotta understand i thought its ok to delete everything now because i back up all my things on Kies i thought its safe now to do anything...

Appearently not...

So after that i rebooted, the samsung galaxy grand 'logo' appeared, then tried installing some roms, without success.

Help please?

Additional info: Kies detects my phone when i connect it, even in download mode if that's helpful.

Please show as much examples/information in the things since i am a noob, never actually had a android phone before.

First of all you need a stable 4.2.2 stock firmware working on your phone, I guess the MK3 firmware will do the job. Dig in the forums and you can find it. Flash it.
Then flash a recovery, CWM or Philz.
Make a Nandroid Backup.
Install the custom ROM you wish to.
Make sure you go through the forums pretty deep.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app