[Battery] Full battery drain over night!

Search This thread

Klyno

May 13, 2014
Brussels
Google Nexus 5
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi.
Just waked up and saw my phone shut down. So as you may have seen in the title, the battery was completely drain. It's the second time I have this problem in 6 months. First time I've got this problem I made a factory reset and it was solved till now and I also thought it was because I installed a new app. But this time I didn't install anything in the past 3 days. So if someone had the same problem and can give me some help, it would be gladly appreciated :).

Sorry for my English.

PS. I'm on stock ROM rooted.

vU6feaC.jpg
wq5aDCA.jpg

Last edited:

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Settings /storage / and clear cache and reboot normally fixes it in most cases

Sent from my Android L Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
Settings /storage / and clear cache and reboot normally fixes it in most cases

Sent from my Android L Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

I have similar problems with my Nexus. Sometimes it will go a week with "normal" battery drain (say 2% per hour) then it will, without explanation, start to drain 10% per hour. The only thing that fixes it at this point is a reboot.

I've tried the extra step you suggest here (to also clear all cached data) to see if this helps to keep it in check more permanently. Do you know why clearing the cache may help?

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
Well problem seems to be solved. It must be a little bug caused by an app which enters in conflict with battery life and when cache wiped, all little things created by the apps are deleted.

fzIsDGa.jpg

I don't think we'll know if the fix is permanent until we leave it for a week or two. Sometimes I have simply rebooted and gone back to normal idle drain for it to return some days later.

Klyno

May 13, 2014
Brussels
Google Nexus 5
Xiaomi Poco F1
I don't think we'll know if the fix is permanent until we leave it for a week or two. Sometimes I have simply rebooted and gone back to normal idle drain for it to return some days later.

Well even if it's not permanent, knowing that a simple cache wipe will temporary solve the problem, saves the situation. The first time I had this issue was like three months ago. And anyway we'll get Android L soon which I hope will improve battery life.