141.6°F - "A New Record!" | What's the hottest battery temp you've seen?

Search This thread

merfolk17

Dec 15, 2011
add me to the list, hit 140 F playing Angry Birds for 5 mins. Called Amazon and they are next day shipping a new phone with no questions asked, so sounds like its a well documented problem

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Verizon's position is that the are no reports of these phones overheating.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

Ullmz469

Feb 11, 2009
I have seen 120F plus, So I went into verizon last night. The guy there tested the battery and said it was bad and ordered me a new battery. I'm skeptical on that the battery is bad. He told me the voltage was measuring 4.2v. The battery was charged about 71% and that time. Does that indicate the battery is bad or can the battery voltage vary from the 3.7-3.8v recommended voltage at times?

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Battery

Let me +1 the last post. I have found a really good verizon rep, who has put up with me swapping out 3 times. On swap # 2 after he looked at the phone, he said 'you know what, I think the phone is good, but the battery is bad'. He opened a new Rezound, used that battery, and my phone heated up so he swapped it. Ironically, he swapped it for THAT Rezound with THAT test battery, and that Rezound was actually worse.

My current Rezound may SAY it gets hot with Battery Indicator, but it doesn't feel hot, unlike my prior 3 phones. But the part that does get warm is definitely the center (Battery), and not the top or bottom.

I believe that we may, in fact, be seeing bad batteries rather than bad Rezounds. When you 4G or something that starts pulling juice, the battery would naturally start to heat. If this phone stays stable for me, I might just buy the extended battery and see what that does.

My 2 cents.

shankville75

Jan 31, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My first Rezound got up to 118!! It would do it so much that when I took the battery cover off, the battery smelled charred. So when I took it to VZ, the Rep acted like he didn't believe me since he was the one that sold it to me in the first place. He turned on Youtube, minimal heat. He surfed the web, minimal heat. He recorded video in HD, it heated up a lil. He said that it was normal. Then I told him to take off the cover and smell the battery. Once he did that, he went straight to the back and returned with a new Rezound. I haven't had any overheating problems out of the new one and I stressed the hell out of it trying to heat it up.

Off topic and on a lighter note, I was watching Lion King with my daughter the other day while skimming through Tapatalk. The part where Timon was dancing the hula and teasing the hyenas to chase him came on. The lyrics went "Ahhhhrrre you achin, yup, yup, yup. Fooor some bacon, yup, yup, yup....I literaly ROFL'd :eek:

Reactions: dustintheweb

troubleshot

Apr 7, 2010
Salt Lake City

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007

I am not entirely sure Battery Indicator is reporting correctly. On my Rezound # 4 (current) it says 100 when the phone is only slightly warm. My prior Rezounds would heat and you KNEW they were hot.

Clamster

Dec 6, 2010
I am not entirely sure Battery Indicator is reporting correctly. On my Rezound # 4 (current) it says 100 when the phone is only slightly warm. My prior Rezounds would heat and you KNEW they were hot.

Mine was definately hot, I could feel it through the silicone case

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007

Well there is problem # 1... insulating the phone in a silicone case.

Clamster

Dec 6, 2010
127 without the case. I'm just gonna use it like I stole it.

JeramyEggs

Jan 4, 2011
Charleston Il
Just got done playing Dead space for 20 min.,and it hit 122 degrees. Is that too hot? I was on WiFi at the time. Will try out angry birds, and see what happens.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

JeramyEggs

Jan 4, 2011
Charleston Il
App called battery indicater, and temp + cpu both give battery temp. Haven't reached 122 again, but haven't played dead space for as long either. Netflix nor YouTube push it over 105. Do you guys think it is the battery or the phone? Thanks....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
I have had my Rezound since release and yesterday was the first time it heated up. I get a great 4G signal at work and home but yesterday I was in an area with a terrible signal. It went from 1X -3G -4G - 1X (etc.). When I was using Maps on 1X it heated up to 107 degrees. But when I got back in a good signal area the temp dropped back down to 86-88 degrees using maps. So it must be a low signal / battery issue. As long as I have a decent signal it dosn't heat up no matter what I am doing.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts