[Q] Is media server drain dependent on ROM? If so, share your experiences.

Search This thread

AndroidReborn

Jun 23, 2012
As title says, does the media server drain while listening to offline music dependent on the ROM we are using? If so, then what are your results using different ROMs?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Hopper8

Sep 17, 2012
As title says, does the media server drain while listening to offline music dependent on the ROM we are using? If so, then what are your results using different ROMs?

Hey mate, not sure you're in the right place? It says you sent that from a nexus 4...

Anyway, I find that music playing drain is dependent on the music player itself rather than the ROM. For example, for me, doubletwist used approximately double the battery usage per hour as Apollo music player. Have a go with a few different players, if you're concerned with battery then find a minimal player and test.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away

AndroidReborn

Jun 23, 2012
Hey mate, not sure you're in the right place? It says you sent that from a nexus 4...

Anyway, I find that music playing drain is dependent on the music player itself rather than the ROM. For example, for me, doubletwist used approximately double the battery usage per hour as Apollo music player. Have a go with a few different players, if you're concerned with battery then find a minimal player and test.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away

Hey there.
I'll try out music players, and waiting for others to reply.
As for the phone thing, I have both of them :D

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
I dont think so its rom dependent..
Every rom has this :p
However ... wid gb stock rom mediaserver used to run only for few seconds that to wid percentage (that was quite good n useful)

Bt then since ics... it has been pathetic...just do some modification in gallery and bang the phone starts heating up due to mediaserver running in background... also accompanied by battery drain.. :/