[Q] Rooting Xperia Z (C6602) 10.4.1.B.0.101 ?

Search This thread

ahassouna

Apr 14, 2005
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Hello Guys,

I just received my sony Z from Sony Service center and they updated my phone to the original 10.4.B.0.569 and ofcourse I lost root,CWM and all else.

I connected my phone to the Sony Companion and it updated to stock 10.4.1.B.0.101, now how do I root it and install the cwm aswell?

help will be much appreciated.

ahassouna

Apr 14, 2005
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
First, there is no requirement for creating another thread for this question.

Second, there is no direct root as of now for 4.3. You need to flash pre-rooted system to keep your root.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

apologies for creating another thread, and thanks for the reply.

so in other words downgrade to a .67 for example and root then upgrade either to stock new update or install a custom rom with the update right? and it will keep root and recovery?

ahassouna

Apr 14, 2005
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Yeah. But doom kernel requires to unlock BL , which is a taboo for me lol, i just tried downgrade then root then cwm then flash room via recovery and apply su fix then flash recovery then flash 101 kernel and it worked :)

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

arckiller

Dec 29, 2012
@ ahassouna, How did you manage to downgrade? I tried to flash .67 from the flashtool and then my phone just keeps restarting. I did wipe the apps log, cache & data. Still no luck. Could you let me know any other way how you could achieve this?

akisg

Dec 26, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
I had a bootloop too when downgraded from 4.3 to 4.2 that i solved by doing a wipe data when flashing the 4.2 rom. I think you have to do a fresh install when you downgrade in order to avoid bootloops

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

ahassouna

Apr 14, 2005
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
@ ahassouna, How did you manage to downgrade? I tried to flash .67 from the flashtool and then my phone just keeps restarting. I did wipe the apps log, cache & data. Still no luck. Could you let me know any other way how you could achieve this?

Ok sorry guys didnt reply earlier.
Here is what i did
1- upgraded to 101
2- used flash tool and flashed the .67 stock on a clean stock 101 with wiped data...etc.
3- rooted and installed cwm dual recovery and booted device
4- flashed exsitenz v6 and its important not to boot rom just shut down from recovery
5- while shut down, flash the 101 kernel (stock kernel as am on LB) then boot.

Evweything is working great now.

Reactions: jerryhou85

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
Ok sorry guys didnt reply earlier.
Here is what i did
1- upgraded to 101
2- used flash tool and flashed the .67 stock on a clean stock 101 with wiped data...etc.
3- rooted and installed cwm dual recovery and booted device
4- flashed exsitenz v6 and its important not to boot rom just shut down from recovery
5- while shut down, flash the 101 kernel (stock kernel as am on LB) then boot.

Evweything is working great now.

You have a unlocked bootloader, right?

Nabster05

Jun 24, 2011
Kochi
christ !!.. where can i get a detailed step by step for this ?.. the stock bloatware is killing me especially sony live !!

xanomic

Sep 29, 2013
i also need step by step and easy guide for this. I bought my phone 2 days ago and updated to 10.4.1.B.0.101 without checking xda forums, now i am in deep trouble.

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
christ !!.. where can i get a detailed step by step for this ?.. the stock bloatware is killing me especially sony live !!
i also need step by step and easy guide for this. I bought my phone 2 days ago and updated to 10.4.1.B.0.101 without checking xda forums, now i am in deep trouble.

You could have easily found the answer for yourself if you searched before posting - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656698

Forum rules.

sonyupdate

Last edited:
Reactions: xanomic

jneka

Oct 12, 2013
Valencia
i downgrade with flashtool

dudes, I did the downgrade (4.3 > 4.2) :cool: using flashtool, you have to find&download C6602_10.3.1.A.2.67_India Generic.ftf, and it's done...:good:

btw you can root 4.2.2 using kingo andorid root, with lb, and later wait for ota (twice, until .101), it's pretty easy but you need some patience :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts